Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 10:37:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pokemon War Reboot

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon War Reboot  (Read 2189 times)
Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 10:50:25 am »

It's just, I know you've been chronicling the original warlords here for those who don't remember I assumed the reason you were doing that was related to trying to make a sequel. And then this came up, but this is clearly different. (As in, not the same world at all)

Last post I'm going to make about this because I don't want to hijack the thread.

Yeah, I am because I plan to do a reboot with Kloud. The way I recall it was that an RP board was created almost specifically for Warlords because it grew to around 6 different threads or so on the Forum Games board and I petitioned PPN's admin for an RP board. Now whether Pokemon War came first or not, I don't recall. All I do remember was that the original Warlords was considered the most successful RP on PPN. It was written to completion, and quite well thanks to the dedication and writing talents of the participants.

It went on for three more sequels that unfortunately were never finished (or in one case, never even started). This was do to my own negligence and home and personal issues. The reason that more people know about Warlords than Pokemon War was because of two reasons really. One was the hype me and Kloud managed to create about it. We wrote hype pieces, dropped sneak peaks, and spoke about it on almost every other board. The other was because of the lore and rules. The story itself was quite complex. It had several facets including certain regions and alliances between kingdom leaders, deceit and betrayal, patricide and suicide. It was bloody. It was dark.

Then was the battle system. This was unique. No other RP did this that I know of. The pokemon team that you RP'd with was the team that you would HAVE to use to battle other players. This way, story points could change in an instant depending on the outcome of a battle. It also forced people to train and design a team based on a certain type/region. Because of this system, we couldn't simply map out or steer the writing in one kingdom's favor. They had to fight for it.

So yeah, I'm proud of my work. I would consider it my Roleplay Opus. I hope people sign up when I officially start the sign ups. Until then I will be writing more trailers/backstory/lore pieces on the creative board. I wish Aryeh and Daniel the best of luck here as well.

Cheers guys!
Report Spam   Logged

Would it be wrong to make my sig, "The King is back!"?
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 11:56:54 am »

back on topics guys

still waiting on Frank to post his bios Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 02:06:54 pm »

Name: Pnévetra
Leader: Abitea
Adviser: Imperial (yes I am using my old or well rebooted Darkrai as a alternate one so don't worry Vansalon I'll stick by name for less confusion)
Legions: Pnévetra Legion (Steel Fire Water Rock)
Description: This legion has a practices in using ores of various value. Pnévetra is quite wealthy and the leader, Abitea, heavily follows mythology in power beyond mortal comprehension and Abitea has been seen wondering off to unknown portions of Pnévetra that no one is permitted to access without his permission. This area is filled with underground tunnels collecting lots of fire and steel/rock types and most of the surface is covered in green, vividly forest life with a few water routes. Their sacred land is accessedfrom a certain tunnel by the king's castle.

Name: Abitea
Species: Wobbuffet, Sawsbuck, Clawitzer
Affiliation: King of Pnévetra
Bio: A eccentric king with a soft spot for Pokemon and little for humans. Commonly seen wearing a mask and body armor, not many seen him outside this suit. He's well know as "Hombre entre los espíritus" (man among spirits). On nights when he's alone he goes looking around Pnévetra to what many believe him to be sleep walking. His advisor Imperial takes his place in meetings sometimes.
Pokemon:
Wobbuffet (Tolisen): Quite daft, he takes little to no interest in things around him, but oddly enough has lots on his mind. Somewhat close to Imperial and Abitea he can be quite the stratigist and is most often used by Abitea.
Sawsbuck (Dalio): A mighty Beast that has a great sense of will and brutality. Quite proud in his power, he uses it to defend Pokemon at all cost even to the point of killing a human or other Pokemon. Despite his strength, he can be quite frail and stubborn to weaknesses and will even charge head first into a Fire type just to prove its bravery.
Clawitzer (Shellis): A timid Pokemon that keeps to herself. She has a great bond with Abitea and little interest in battles. Despite so, she houses great power yet to explore and Abitea tries his best to give her the will to battle.

Name: Imperial (Darkrai)
Affiliation: Advisor to Abitea
Bio: Recently being awakened from a deep coma has surfaced on new land with amnesia (well, just considerable memory loss), as he looks for people of his time, he finds a new life inside a city of metal and has been welcomed with open arms by Abitea (though most of his countryman believes this is just because of his legendary status as Darkrais are nightmare bringers). After sharing his wisdom of his people he served, Abitea convinced him to stay as their guardian until Abitea can effectively find his home land. Imperial became Abitea's advisor 5 years after his welcoming and serves hime loyally. He is assumed to be massively powerful, but because of his pacifist nature, he is considered peaceful.

Name: Teal
Species: Banette, Magikarp
Later to obtain: Tyranitar, Houndoom, Aerodactyl, Aggron
Affiliation: Wanted Criminal
Bio: Teal is wanted in Pnévetra for stealing an ancient item. She is wanted alive and for questioning on her abilities to use the item. Her trustily Banette (Lady Dvasia) helped her escape most of her captures with the help of Mega evolution. She has Dark Brown hair and wears a damaged cloak (she is constantly replacing it), along with a metal breastplate and baggy pants, also goes barefoot a lot (having to replace her footwear a lot as well) She is cocky, but intelligent as well. Her origins are yet to be known other then speculated to be from a lost land and little people remaining. Her goal is to find out the Abitea conspiracy and return home with the treasure of her lost lands. She unfortunately errored in her first attempt thinking a stone she got away with was one of her treasury, but it was instead a way to amplify Pokemon remotely.
Pokemon:
Banette (Lady Dvasia): A Pokemon she set her Journey off with. A pure power house, Dvasia will protect Teal at all cost and has a tendancy to abuse Will-o-wisp in a slight sadistic manor. Despite her slight wickedness, Dvasia is gentle and somewhat motherly. Banette always is seen holding her favorite purple stone and Teal has plans to make it into a Necklace.
Magikarp (Mujer Del Mar): Teal found this little tyke while fishing for a Dratini. After hours of little luck, Teal fell asleep and her Banette decided to continued for her, but then almost fell asleep herself until the rod started shaking! Dvasia's eyes widened as she frantically started reeling her catch in only to find a Magikarp at the end... Still, Banette's first attemptat fishing was a success and woke Teal up. They shared a laugh and decided to keep it as a token of a good day.

Name: General Ozaid
Species: Aerodactyl, Magmortor, Huntail
Affiliation: General of Pnevetra
Bio: An old man who dedicated his lif to serving Pnevetra. Like King Abitea, he's power based, but seems to have a balance on his feelings. Ironically enough he tends to keep himself at a less emotional level to show none whatsoever. He's quite the softy when he's not sticking a lance into someone's chest. His wife died at the village destroyed in Erimos's attack and vowed vengeances.
Pokemon:
Aerodactyl: His first Pokemon and his transportation. He had this beast at a young age and dedicates himself to making Aerodactyl strong.
Magmortor: A gift from his wife. He trained it to work coal mines in his earlier years in life and over time saw it's Potential for fighting.
Huntail: ... He bought it as a Clampearl to give it as a present to his wife, but upon purchase it evolved. Though was intentionally to be a present, he decided to keep it since he was planning to give it to his wife while hold a scale, though backfired.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:23:15 pm by DAF » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8585-9856

Found 100+ Shinies in XY combined

Mains Samus, Pit and Sonic (Will main other newcomers)
Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »

I was unaware mega Pokemon couldn't be used yet so I'll save my Character Teal until an appropriate time if that's alright.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 03:51:28 pm »

I was unaware mega Pokemon couldn't be used yet so I'll save my Character Teal until an appropriate time if that's alright.
I, too, was unaware of this...
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 03:56:06 pm »

I, too, was unaware of this...
... Okay now I'm confused... Vansalon mentioned you guys were discussing when megas could be used so I posted that because I was unsure what you guys were planning.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 03:59:54 pm »

... Okay now I'm confused... Vansalon mentioned you guys were discussing when megas could be used so I posted that because I was unsure what you guys were planning.
I remember saying that we'd use Megas in this, and maybe even make up a few (considering there are only like 20 known mega evolutions, currently), but I don't remember anyone saying we'd hold them off for later.  This causes a bit of trouble for me as well, considering that one of my characters starts off with a Mega Ring xD

Only part I remember saying that we'd hold off on is the main antagonist.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china

*Learning to Draw*
Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 04:01:03 pm »

I remember saying that we'd use Megas in this, and maybe even make up a few (considering there are only like 20 known mega evolutions, currently), but I don't remember anyone saying we'd hold them off for later.  This causes a bit of trouble for me as well, considering that one of my characters starts off with a Mega Ring xD

Only part I remember saying that we'd hold off on is the main antagonist.
Ah... So what I had is okay?
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 04:02:17 pm »

Ah... So what I had is okay?
As far as I'm concerned, it's just fine.
Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 04:14:17 pm »

Don't want to push/rush any of you, but I believe a few of you have neglected to include your nations.
Can't really start the topic when a lot of you are part of non-existent nations xP
Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*
AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2013, 04:19:30 pm »

Pretty sure we agreed somewhere that the mega stones wouldn't exist at first until they were irradiated by the [DATA EXPUNGED]
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

[6:11:43 PM] Dark Angel: Can I trade you Viasa now Daniel?
[6:14:02 PM] Dark Angel: Hello?
[6:14:12 PM] Vansy: h-*shot*
[6:14:41 PM] Dark Angel: Ah man. Another corpse...
[6:14:53 PM] Vansy: corpse? where?
[6:14:55 PM] Vansy: I want to see D:
[6:15:02 PM] Dark Angel: Where's my shovel?
[6:15:14 PM] Dark Angel: Oh, I thought you died.
[6:15:29 PM] Vansy: so there isn't a corpse?
[6:15:30 PM] Vansy: daww
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 05:05:55 pm »

Pretty sure we agreed somewhere that the mega stones wouldn't exist at first until they were irradiated by the [DATA EXPUNGED]
I don't recall that at all...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:50:53 pm by Korbis » Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*
Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 06:15:49 pm »

So the nations interacted with each other before the war correct?
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 06:15:52 pm »

yeah it going off is what made the megastones so like you said I figured we were going with that
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 06:17:54 pm »

yeah it going off is what made the megastones so like you said I figured we were going with that
I would have liked if you guys ran this by me, at least...
Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: