Ludicom
March 19, 2024, 02:14:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

RSE Remakes Speculation Thread

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RSE Remakes Speculation Thread  (Read 3319 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2011, 05:49:08 pm »

Because it's being talked about enough in other threads, I think it deserves it's own. ^_^

So today when I was playing Emerald I noticed something... When I was in the Devon Building earlier, I spoke to the scientists on the second floor. And one of them mentioned something that was eerily similar to what the Dream World is. I was all "O-O". Maybe not relevant entirely, but I could see the same scientist making a reference to the Dream World in a future remake ("I was working on looking into Pokemon's dreams... And it works!" etc etc).

Also, speculation topic on Bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Remake
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 06:05:28 pm »

Dive in BW was kind of a huge hint to me, although the 500 steps limit is kind of odd.

Also the observation you made was excellent Kloud, very interesting to see they had dreams in mind even back then in Hoenn.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:06:43 pm »

Well when you capture the seven sages, Looker tells you than N was seen in a faraway land so maybe you get to meet N in Hoenn.

Also I've been reading about RS remakes speculations today Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 06:10:35 pm »

Well when you capture the seven sages, Looker tells you than N was seen in a faraway land so maybe you get to meet N in Hoenn.

Also I've been reading about RS remakes speculations today Smiley

Now that would be cool, I sorta thought the same thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:21:40 pm »

The most likely names are AquaSapphire and MagmaRuby...these makes sense Tongue

also I'm hoping they come before the Unova3rdVersion... I'm just really excited and desperate already for the premise of a 3rd gen remake happening!
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 06:23:11 pm »

The most likely names are AquaSapphire and MagmaRuby...these makes sense Tongue

also I'm hoping they come before the Unova3rdVersion... I'm just really excited and desperate already for the premise of a 3rd gen remake happening!

There may or may not be a Unova 3rd Version, I think Magoo once said they ended the BW line of games or something, but they are exploring future endeavors.

We never know though, but the remakes are still a strong possibility, along with the BW Wii game.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 06:24:47 pm »

There may or may not be a Unova 3rd Version, I think Magoo once said they ended the BW line of games or something, but they are exploring future endeavors.

We never know though, but the remakes are still a strong possibility, along with the BW Wii game.
Maybe maybe not... I go by the pattern until I see official Nintendo/Game Freak/etc news saying such. xP
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »

About the hint to the Dream World from RSE, here's a hint about Munna from RGB.
Report Spam   Logged

The wandering Mystic
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 08:05:47 pm »

About the hint to the Dream World from RSE, here's a hint about Munna from RGB.

Mind=blown
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 05:06:02 pm »

It still mentions Lava Cookie as being Lavaridge's town speciality.  They could have easilly changed the description but they keep it mentioning hoenn, so they havnt forgot about the region.  I thought of this, I didnt copypasta the concept from a site or something Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 06:38:42 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT3DUpjYD6E&feature=related

^So this guy is some sort of theorist on the subject of an Emerald remake (and he makes it abundantly clear that he believes that it will be Emerald, not Ruby and Sapphire, that will be remade). That's part one, but there's over a dozen parts you can watch if interested. Some of what he mentions is rather grasping at straws, but several of his points are valid ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQOj7bYrEkQ&feature=related
^Even though it's in German, it's pretty easy to get the gist of what the poster means. The boxart shown is nice, too. xP

Seeing these things has me thinking... When will the remakes be released? We already know that it's very likely that they'll be remade, in at least some form. But when? Will a third game for BW come before it?

Keeping with this train of thought... I see a few possible dates.

Looking at Red and Green compared to FireRed and Leafgreen, there is a time gap of about 8 years or so between releases (just going by release years, not dates here). With GS and HGSS, there was a 10 year gap.

They could keep with the 10 year anniversary release date. This would mean late 2012 as a Jap release date. They could make it come out sooner, as with FRLG, which would reduce predictability. We have no way of knowing for sure, to be honest.

However, if there is a 10 year gap, it could mean that a third game to the series is going to be produced first (the DPPlHGSS Pattern). This would give us something to do during the wait. There is also the thought that they could produce some sort of different game altogether, such as something along the lines of XD. No clue, again. I'm just sure that if we wouldn't be getting anything until 2012-2013, they'd make something in the meantime to keep the cash flowing in. Even if it is just a side game. xD

If the gap is shorter, we'll probably get the remakes first, in style of the RSFRLGE Pattern.

That's all I have to say on release dates xD

Then I have the thought of... Which system will it be on? Surely, by then, the 3DS will be fairly mainstreamed and much less new. Will we be forced to buy a 3DS to partake in the remake goodness? Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:58:38 pm by Team Magma Grunt Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 07:12:49 pm »

Just like with GSC they included Crystal features/story lines in HGSS, they may do the same with RS remakes, I believe if they do there will be 2 not only 1.

In terms of the release years, I was actually thinking of a third BW game, but Magoo disproed it if I remember, they will most likely release something next year, question now is what.

Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 07:20:51 pm »

Just like with GSC they included Crystal features/story lines in HGSS, they may do the same with RS remakes, I believe if they do there will be 2 not only 1.

In terms of the release years, I was actually thinking of a third BW game, but Magoo disproed it if I remember, they will most likely release something next year, question now is what.
That's what I think too. Again, some of what that guy says is grasping at straws, but some of his videos are decent watches if you speed them up a bit. I think he thinks that they're going to make Emerald remake the "third game" to HGSS (which seems WTFsy, especially considering that they would be in ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GENS XD). But whatever... I guess there's no use getting worked up over something that isn't even confirmed.

I want to see Mag's source. He never provided it, and I'd be very interested to see... But yes, late this year early next year we can expect to see something new in Japan, but like you said, the question now is "What?". Only time will tell... I'm personally hoping for RSE remakes first.

Also, if it is a pair, which remake will you guys get first? Ruby or Sapphire?
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 07:29:27 pm »

First, I'll get Ruby like I did back in Gen 3

And yea I'll be interested to see his source too, but if they do intend to create remakes, I do hope they come first.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »

Same here. I like more of the Ruby exclusives anyways... The only Pokemon in Sapphire I'd miss is Ludicolo xP And that's mostly due to it being the site mascot and all.

Mmhmmm.... Also food for thought is that every remake before this came packaged with some sort of gimmick or additional accessory. There's a lot of possibilities for RSE remakes in this field...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: