Ludicom
April 19, 2024, 06:56:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

General Intro/Leave of Absence Thread

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: General Intro/Leave of Absence Thread  (Read 5404 times)
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2014, 12:01:38 am »

Taking gender into account is a horrible idea, why would an inanimate object be male or female? Not to mention all the accents in French which are just plain annoying to remember. Obviously you would learn this were you to speak French fluently, and I'm not saying that English is a perfect language either, but it's by far the most widely spoken language so I don't see why people complain when they have to learn it. It doesn't prevent you from also learning your native language.. you can just communicate better with the majority now.

To be honest I wish everyone could just globally agree on a language that would be used by everyone, then there would be no language barriers. Of course everyone would disagree and want their own language to be compulsory, but since the majority already know English then I guess that would ultimately be the chosen universal language. I hate it when people call the English/Americans lazy for not learning other languages, though, because I really don't see the point in learning a less widely spoken language than that of your native tongue. If you were to encounter a foreigner, then it's quite likely that they will already speak basic English. Its not that we're lazy, there is just little point in learning a language other than English unless you are living in another country.
+1

I've never had to use french in my life to do anything.
Same goes with pretty much my whole family.
My Grandpa and Grandma don't know any french other than Bonjour, yet they have great lives here and stuff.

Learning another language other than English is only necessary if your going to a country that has the other language as a national language.

Living without English is hard, Living without french, spanish, abrabic, etc. is easy.

Not saying its terrible to learn other languages though. It's good.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: