Ludicom
April 19, 2024, 09:51:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

General Intro/Leave of Absence Thread

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: General Intro/Leave of Absence Thread  (Read 5403 times)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2014, 05:08:23 am »

I've also been considering leaving the site as well. There's no reason for me to be here, since I don't get involved in Social anymore, I don't post my sprites/graphics here, and the roleplaying has really just died.
Though I've never been a core member, this community has been somewhat central to my internet life for the last five years. Being here has helped me to shape my online persona and etiquette, encouraged and influenced my interest in Pokemon Spriting, graphic design, Fakemon design, and storywriting. For that, I'm very grateful for this medium of expression.
I'll be checking in on you guys for the next week, but I've transitioning to PokeCommunity for the past week. If any of you would like to stay connected there, I'm open to it. There's a kind of "group" thing going on there and we could have a PPN/Ludicom/Evionet group. The roleplaying there is pretty great; there are two or three starting up right now and still open. The RP community seems pretty dedicated(and educated) as well.

~Signing off
bro you gotta get on skype so we can still talk
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2014, 08:04:11 am »

bro you gotta get on skype so we can still talk

About Skype:
It doubled my PC's boot time...
So I shut it.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2014, 10:33:09 am »

About Skype:
It doubled my PC's boot time...
So I shut it.
just set it up so it doesn't auto log on when you start-up the computer and then manually go into it when you want to use it.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2014, 11:34:40 am »

Maybe we could migrate to a new forum with new people and a bigger userbase? We don't have to be the owners of the site to be with each other you know. I don't want to lose everyone. I was fine with leaving lcom for as long as I did simply because I knew you guys would always be here when I needed someone to talk to but now that everyones leaving and no one wants to share contact info, maybe we need to think outside the box to save our friendship?
In theory that seems like a good idea, the only thing is that most of us only come here because we know the others are there. We're not discussing Pokemon enough, and I don't see myself joining another Pokemon website just to spam the social boards. And with that many other members, I would not feel comfortable talking about my life like I can do here.
Report Spam   Logged
Sato
'Coolest' Guy in the Gem Cities
Sapphire Collector

'Ice' To Meet You

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2014, 12:53:59 pm »

Honestly, when suggested that we switch forums, PokeCommunity was my first thought. They have a pretty good setup going, always a conversation, and for the nerdier of us the Rom hacking sections are fantastic. I'm definitely considering it.
Report Spam   Logged

Please someone make me a new sig oh god it's awful.

You will have my children.
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2014, 03:08:45 pm »

Maybe we could migrate to a new forum with new people and a bigger userbase? We don't have to be the owners of the site to be with each other you know. I don't want to lose everyone. I was fine with leaving lcom for as long as I did simply because I knew you guys would always be here when I needed someone to talk to but now that everyones leaving and no one wants to share contact info, maybe we need to think outside the box to save our friendship?
I agree, but Rosim has a point. Not all of us play pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2014, 05:39:23 pm »

I've tried joining other forums but it never really worked out.  I became part of this community at the right time with the right amount of people and in the right frame of mind to join.  I haven't been able to replicate that.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2014, 05:53:04 pm »

I'm staying put. I have too much emotion here. Plain and simple.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2014, 09:21:11 pm »

I'm staying put. I have too much emotion here. Plain and simple.

EMOTIONS! HNNNG-----!
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2014, 10:41:55 pm »

In theory that seems like a good idea, the only thing is that most of us only come here because we know the others are there. We're not discussing Pokemon enough, and I don't see myself joining another Pokemon website just to spam the social boards. And with that many other members, I would not feel comfortable talking about my life like I can do here.
You wouldnt need to go into such detail on the public board, maybe through PM or skype but you would still be able to talk. And maybe start playing ye olde pokemon games to get back into it? Plus, you would be making new friends too! :D

I agree, but Rosim has a point. Not all of us play pokemon.
But we still know a lot about it and can talk about it and stuff, even if we havent played it in a long time. And with all the new people, I think it would prolly be the jumpstart many of us need to get back into playing pokemon and doing pokemon related things.

I've tried joining other forums but it never really worked out.  I became part of this community at the right time with the right amount of people and in the right frame of mind to join.  I haven't been able to replicate that.
Just pretend all the people on the forum are joining our community :D
Report Spam   Logged

RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2014, 12:15:25 am »

You wouldnt need to go into such detail on the public board, maybe through PM or skype but you would still be able to talk. And maybe start playing ye olde pokemon games to get back into it? Plus, you would be making new friends too! :D
Conversations on Skype are as volatile as they are on the ToT. And I don't see why I would join a forum just to say hi by PM.
I'm done with Pokemon. Haven't played since HeartGold, and don't plan to. I'm here because of you people.
And I am not looking for new Internet friends. It's an outdated concept. I spent too much time already trying to be far from real life people, I moved onto a newfound love for socialness.
Report Spam   Logged
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2014, 12:19:45 am »

Conversations on Skype are as volatile as they are on the ToT. And I don't see why I would join a forum just to say hi by PM.
I'm done with Pokemon. Haven't played since HeartGold, and don't plan to. I'm here because of you people.
And I am not looking for new Internet friends. It's an outdated concept. I spent too much time already trying to be far from real life people, I moved onto a newfound love for socialness.
Well you dont have to have everyone in the same convo. Sad

You could say by posting and telling errbody what its like working for EA and crushing some dreams at the same time.

Look for more french internet friends and maybe meet up and do stuff?
Report Spam   Logged

RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2014, 01:33:51 am »

Well you dont have to have everyone in the same convo. Sad

You could say by posting and telling errbody what its like working for EA and crushing some dreams at the same time.

Look for more french internet friends and maybe meet up and do stuff?
There's Facebook for that. And texting.
I can't tell much about EA really.
I'm not looking for French people at all really. As for meeting with people, it hasn't worked up to now, and I don't really want to search online while there are so many people out there that I already ignore.
Report Spam   Logged
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2014, 01:38:45 am »

There's Facebook for that. And texting.
I can't tell much about EA really.
I'm not looking for French people at all really. As for meeting with people, it hasn't worked up to now, and I don't really want to search online while there are so many people out there that I already ignore.
But I dont have your number for texting :c

Why not? D:

But like, if you meet other french folk you can learn how to go out and do... french things. Like be all high and mighty when someone pronounces quebec wrong or eat french bread. You can socialize more :D
Report Spam   Logged

RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2014, 01:44:23 am »

But I dont have your number for texting :c

Why not? D:

But like, if you meet other french folk you can learn how to go out and do... french things. Like be all high and mighty when someone pronounces quebec wrong or eat french bread. You can socialize more :D
I'll check if my plan has unlimited texts in US as well. I'll PM you my number if it does. EDIT: Nope. 40 cents/message.
NDA.
I'm trying to get away from Quebec as much as possible actually. I'd be handing with French people from France. Which are the most hated people in Europe for some weird reason.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:47:20 am by RosimInc » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: