Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 03:16:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

General Intro/Leave of Absence Thread

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: General Intro/Leave of Absence Thread  (Read 5374 times)
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2014, 11:09:21 am »

I'll check if my plan has unlimited texts in US as well. I'll PM you my number if it does. EDIT: Nope. 40 cents/message.
NDA.
I'm trying to get away from Quebec as much as possible actually. I'd be handing with French people from France. Which are the most hated people in Europe for some weird reason.
wry? ;___;

because frenchpeople hate everyone who isnt french yo
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2014, 06:35:22 pm »

I'll check if my plan has unlimited texts in US as well. I'll PM you my number if it does. EDIT: Nope. 40 cents/message.
NDA.
I'm trying to get away from Quebec as much as possible actually. I'd be handing with French people from France. Which are the most hated people in Europe for some weird reason.

Cause they're just plain stupid. Their news channels are even worse than US ones too.
Did you hear that report they made about QC?
It was hilarious how dumb it was.
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2014, 08:49:49 pm »

NDA.
Streotypically, French people are snobby and hate everyone who isn't french.

From what i've heard and seen, this trait isn't very far off from people from quebec, either.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2014, 08:56:17 pm »

Streotypically, French people are snobby and hate everyone who isn't french.

From what i've heard and seen, this trait isn't very far off from people from quebec, either.

What we don't like is that every French citizen MUST know English but English citizen just go 'fuck off I'm not learning French' when we are clearly a French province.
What we don't like is English people trying to tell us how to live.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2014, 09:54:45 pm »

What we don't like is that every French citizen MUST know English but English citizen just go 'fuck off I'm not learning French' when we are clearly a French province.
Then stop being a part of canada and become a french province.

You also hate it when people dont pronounce it as KEBEK, and become very angry when it happens.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2014, 09:23:27 am »

The stereotype in America of French people is that they're cowardly, snobby and will hate you simply for being American (only reason I know this is because my parents truly believe that the stereotype is an accurate representation of the French).

Granted, I'm sure that there's a handful of people who got that stereotype, but I'm assuming most French don't fit it. Just like every other racial/country stereotype, there has to be some grain of truth in it all, but I guess stereotypes wouldn't work as well if there wasn't. I've never hung around French people before so I'll keep my mouth shut now xD

As for the language thing, I agree with you Mag. In America, I desperately wish that they'd just make the official language English and make people learn it because that's the main language anyways... xD But lots of people only speak Spanish or Somali- if the Spanish speaking folks talk semi-slowly I can understand the basic gist of it most of the time, but I can't understand a luck of Somali. Since they aren't "required" to learn English though, many people don't , or don't learn it well , so we have to have translator lines and all that (especially important at hospitals, like where I work ). I think that every area should have a preset language and if you live there , you learn it. I mean, if I moved to Germany, I'd learn how to speak German, right? xD

Eh , enough outta me . I'm sure enough people are mad at me now anywho, xP
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2014, 10:05:28 am »

yeah I agree and do have to say that the Mexican immigrants expecting the Americans already there to learn Spanish rather than learning English themselves seems a tad selfish from what I saw.  It'd be like a bunch of Chinese people moving to France and not learning French and expecting the French to learn Mandarin.  It's a bit silly to go somewhere and expect people to change for you.  You gotta respect where you've moved to.  But of course if an American says this, they are considered racist.  Which isn't necessarily the case because likewise if somebody moved to Mexico then it'd be a good idea to learn Spanish rather than making them learn something else.  So yeah I think people should respect where they go rather than trying to change it and that goes for everybody Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2014, 10:23:22 am »

You also hate it when people dont pronounce it as KEBEK, and become very angry when it happens.

I personally don't mind if you don't say Kebek. Lol.
It's just the right pronouncing dating back to the natives.
I can oversee English people pronouncing it bad if they actually speak or try to speak French.
The ones I hate are the ones who don't care one bit and just force us to speak English.

The stereotype in America of French people is that they're cowardly, snobby and will hate you simply for being American (only reason I know this is because my parents truly believe that the stereotype is an accurate representation of the French).

Granted, I'm sure that there's a handful of people who got that stereotype, but I'm assuming most French don't fit it. Just like every other racial/country stereotype, there has to be some grain of truth in it all, but I guess stereotypes wouldn't work as well if there wasn't. I've never hung around French people before so I'll keep my mouth shut now xD

As for the language thing, I agree with you Mag. In America, I desperately wish that they'd just make the official language English and make people learn it because that's the main language anyways... xD But lots of people only speak Spanish or Somali- if the Spanish speaking folks talk semi-slowly I can understand the basic gist of it most of the time, but I can't understand a luck of Somali. Since they aren't "required" to learn English though, many people don't , or don't learn it well , so we have to have translator lines and all that (especially important at hospitals, like where I work ). I think that every area should have a preset language and if you live there , you learn it. I mean, if I moved to Germany, I'd learn how to speak German, right? xD

Eh , enough outta me . I'm sure enough people are mad at me now anywho, xP
yeah I agree and do have to say that the Mexican immigrants expecting the Americans already there to learn Spanish rather than learning English themselves seems a tad selfish from what I saw.  It'd be like a bunch of Chinese people moving to France and not learning French and expecting the French to learn Mandarin.  It's a bit silly to go somewhere and expect people to change for you.  You gotta respect where you've moved to.  But of course if an American says this, they are considered racist.  Which isn't necessarily the case because likewise if somebody moved to Mexico then it'd be a good idea to learn Spanish rather than making them learn something else.  So yeah I think people should respect where they go rather than trying to change it and that goes for everybody Smiley

See? XD
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2014, 10:38:32 am »

Exactly! I don't mind immigrants- they add new ideas and cultural aspects, no matter where you are. But any immigrant should respect the land they immigrate to and try their best to learn the language and customs (they don't need to practice them, more so they understand). If someone from out of country is trying, I'm generally a lot nicer to them than to someone who's blatantly disrespecting things.

I've considered moving out of the US, but I have no clue where I'd wanna move to.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2014, 10:57:58 am »

I've considered moving out of the US, but I have no clue where I'd wanna move to.

I DO have a dirty basement or a cabin lost in the woods if you're interested. No strings attached Wink Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2014, 11:31:19 am »

I DO have a dirty basement or a cabin lost in the woods if you're interested. No strings attached Wink Wink
Damn, never thought you of all people would say something like that to me. xD That made me laugh my ass off, so thanks x3

I think I'll stay in the house I currently own for awhile. It's nice, and there's this strange sense of peace in the house.
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »

Why not Canada?

One of the most diverse and tolerant countries in the world.

Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2014, 02:47:07 pm »

French you can only use in a handful of countries
English you can use in almost every country

English is best language.
Report Spam   Logged

RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2014, 03:16:05 pm »

Why not Canada?

One of the most diverse and tolerant countries in the world.
You obviously haven't heard about Quebec.
Report Spam   Logged
Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2014, 03:20:54 pm »

Exactly! I don't mind immigrants- they add new ideas and cultural aspects, no matter where you are. But any immigrant should respect the land they immigrate to and try their best to learn the language and customs (they don't need to practice them, more so they understand). If someone from out of country is trying, I'm generally a lot nicer to them than to someone who's blatantly disrespecting things.

Move to Germany for all that glorious beer and cake. They even have laws regard beer pouring and what legally makes a black forest cake, a black forest cake. And errthing efficient as can be >:U
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: