Ludicom
April 16, 2024, 06:47:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

General Intro/Leave of Absence Thread

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: General Intro/Leave of Absence Thread  (Read 5394 times)
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »

So, due to personal reasons, I'm going to take a hiatus from the site.  I just wanted it to be said, as an explanation for why I won't be on the forum.

I'd rather not go into details, but I can assure you all that it's nothing major.  I just can't really deal with the site right now, and I'm not sure if/when I'll be active again.

So yeah, just letting you guys know.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2014, 03:43:08 pm »

Will you still be available on Skype for chats, or would you prefer we not contact you? I always enjoy talking with you, but I want to respect your wishes.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2014, 03:58:42 pm »

I'll still be on Skype, but I can't promise that I'll always be able to reply.

Honestly, the reason is that the forum is kind of becoming a source of stress for me.  And on top of that, I hardly have anything to say, and I don't see much of a point of bothering myself by constantly checking recent activity.

Not to mention, I'm not exactly going through a very easy phase of my life, and I often find myself saying rather irrational things out of stress/frustration that I later regret mentioning, and a forum really isn't the best place to deal with that.

I might come back later, but for now I just honestly feel that it'll be better for me to cut the forum from my life.  Whether that will be permanent or not, I can't determine.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2014, 04:03:29 pm »

That's okay, I've been there and done that. I hope everything works out for you!
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »

I'll still be on Skype, but I can't promise that I'll always be able to reply.

Honestly, the reason is that the forum is kind of becoming a source of stress for me.  And on top of that, I hardly have anything to say, and I don't see much of a point of bothering myself by constantly checking recent activity.

Not to mention, I'm not exactly going through a very easy phase of my life, and I often find myself saying rather irrational things out of stress/frustration that I later regret mentioning, and a forum really isn't the best place to deal with that.

I might come back later, but for now I just honestly feel that it'll be better for me to cut the forum from my life.  Whether that will be permanent or not, I can't determine.

If dA scarred you, it ain't our fault! XD

~~~

Take care son. God speed.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2014, 12:50:21 am »

I'm sorry but this site has really lost its color to me. The inactivity, it hurts. Admittedly I haven't done anything to fight it, but I haven't had the time recently, I've had irl things to do.

I'll never forget this community. I've never ever felt more emotionally attached to an online community. This site was there for me during my depression. It served as an amazing distraction. I honestly loved some of the members so much. There was once a time where I thought this community would last ages and ages and it would get to a point where everyone's been around for like 8 years and everyone's still friends and actively posting on PPN, but that dream went wrong in so many ways. And I guess after moving from PPN to Ludicom, then to Evionet and back to Ludicom, soon here will be the community's final grave. Our roots, PPN forums, doesn't even exist anymore. We've had an unforgettable adventure together but unfortunately all good things eventually come to an end.

Goodbye. <3
Report Spam   Logged
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2014, 01:06:57 pm »

and the list only gets shorter.

I think Miku and Daniel have a point... we really have reached the ending point.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2014, 01:42:33 pm »

I think Miku and Daniel have a point... we really have reached the ending point.
Yes, we have.

But that leaves us a choice, like I've said before- do we stay as we are and let things reach a peaceful, quiet end, or we change everything about the site and our attitudes, and hope for the best. I'm fine with either. But as it sits now, I think everyone's watching and waiting for things to end. That's alright- we've had a helluva run. Smiley I'm at least going to be watching around until the end if that's what people decide to do.
Report Spam   Logged

Sato
'Coolest' Guy in the Gem Cities
Sapphire Collector

'Ice' To Meet You

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »

rip in peas

Report Spam   Logged

Please someone make me a new sig oh god it's awful.

You will have my children.
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »

You know, it really comes down to attitude and effort. Everyone says things are going south but I don't see anybody doing anything about it. You say the site's dying? No, it's everyone else's passions that are dying. Do something about it. If everyone invites 1 internet friend, that'll double the forum's active memberlist.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Sato
'Coolest' Guy in the Gem Cities
Sapphire Collector

'Ice' To Meet You

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2014, 02:00:56 pm »

You know, it really comes down to attitude and effort. Everyone says things are going south but I don't see anybody doing anything about it. You say the site's dying? No, it's everyone else's passions that are dying. Do something about it. If everyone invites 1 internet friend, that'll double the forum's active memberlist.

All my internet friends are from this community. And you can't just spontaneously revive a passion for something.
Report Spam   Logged

Please someone make me a new sig oh god it's awful.

You will have my children.
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2014, 02:06:33 pm »

I have no internet friends other than this site.
I already invited a IRL friend, Rushad.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2014, 06:11:29 pm »

Well, that's sad.
Though it comes at the same time as my reunion with my high school friends.
So at least I got that. XD

I'm not leaving though.
Not now.
Report Spam   Logged

RSC Cooper Inc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Ruby Gatherer

genius at the core of insanity

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »

I've also been considering leaving the site as well. There's no reason for me to be here, since I don't get involved in Social anymore, I don't post my sprites/graphics here, and the roleplaying has really just died.
Though I've never been a core member, this community has been somewhat central to my internet life for the last five years. Being here has helped me to shape my online persona and etiquette, encouraged and influenced my interest in Pokemon Spriting, graphic design, Fakemon design, and storywriting. For that, I'm very grateful for this medium of expression.
I'll be checking in on you guys for the next week, but I've transitioning to PokeCommunity for the past week. If any of you would like to stay connected there, I'm open to it. There's a kind of "group" thing going on there and we could have a PPN/Ludicom/Evionet group. The roleplaying there is pretty great; there are two or three starting up right now and still open. The RP community seems pretty dedicated(and educated) as well.

~Signing off
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2014, 12:48:38 am »

Maybe we could migrate to a new forum with new people and a bigger userbase? We don't have to be the owners of the site to be with each other you know. I don't want to lose everyone. I was fine with leaving lcom for as long as I did simply because I knew you guys would always be here when I needed someone to talk to but now that everyones leaving and no one wants to share contact info, maybe we need to think outside the box to save our friendship?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: