Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 05:26:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Best Pokemon Handheld Spin-off

Poll
Question: Which do you think is the best?
Pokemon MD EOS - 1 (25%)
Pokemon MD EOD - 1 (25%)
Pokemon MD EOT - 1 (25%)
Pokemon Ranger - 0 (0%)
Pokemon Ranger Shadows Of Almia - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pokemon Handheld Spin-off  (Read 1644 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 09:49:15 am »

IMO, the best Spinoffs were PMD Red and Blue Rescue Team. The later PMDs didn't quite endear me as much, but were still good. The stories got too weird for me because I'd try to think about the whole time travel thing. xD

But out of your list... Shadows of Almia. It was an amazing game, and the Ranger games are honestly quite good. The first Ranger was unbearably hard, though. xDD The thing that draws me in about Ranger is that I could see myself being a Pokémon Ranger. Even though I'd 99% likely be a trainer. LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Upa!
Swift Swimmer

Upa! da woopa KING

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 09:54:28 am »

Seriously? Something like this exists?
I wasn't aware. :/
ya i played the original wen i was little, and i downloaded the ROM for it a while ago
Report Spam   Logged

>-(◕ ◡ ◕)-<
       /   \   
      |    |  
    <_/  \_>
DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 12:58:03 pm »

IMO, the best Spinoffs were PMD Red and Blue Rescue Team. The later PMDs didn't quite endear me as much, but were still good. The stories got too weird for me because I'd try to think about the whole time travel thing. xD

But out of your list... Shadows of Almia. It was an amazing game, and the Ranger games are honestly quite good. The first Ranger was unbearably hard, though. xDD The thing that draws me in about Ranger is that I could see myself being a Pokémon Ranger. Even though I'd 99% likely be a trainer. LOL
Imma Trainer and Ranger Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 01:46:41 pm »

Imma Trainer and Ranger Roll Eyes
You can't be both since Rangers use stylus and not Pokéballs and they dont battle (the ones you battle in main series are a different kind of ranger and not the ones in the ranger games) so you cant be a trainer and the ranger game rangers.  It's impoissible since what they do it contradicting to eachother.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 01:49:01 pm »

You can't be both since Rangers use stylus and not Pokéballs and they dont battle (the ones you battle in main series are a different kind of ranger and not the ones in the ranger games) so you cant be a trainer and the ranger game rangers.  It's impoissible since what they do it contradicting to eachother.
I didnt mean in a game -_-

Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 01:50:09 pm »

I didnt mean in a game -_-

no overall what they do is contradicting to eachother's purpose, so whether it was a game, fanfic, real life... it's impossible to be both xD
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 01:50:51 pm »

Exactly.

Also, Rangers are only allowed to keep one Pokémon (their Partner) with them at any given time. Most Rangers are interested only in protecting Pokémon and the environment, while trainers have a more varied number of reasons.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 01:56:37 pm »

no overall what they do is contradicting to eachother's purpose, so whether it was a game, fanfic, real life... it's impossible to be both xD
yeah I'spose xD
Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 05:57:30 pm »

trozei never looked that fun to me, I was always curious about dash though haha

oh and the tcg for gbc... I always wanted to see what that was like
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 06:32:24 pm »

Trozei is alright. A bit more of a puzzler with a few scanty attempts at a story. It's a cutesy little thing, but it's not worth paying over $15 for, IMO.

I tried to buy Dash once, but the copy (it was used) had a chip in it and wouldn't work. Luckily, the awesome staff at my local used game shop gave me cash back. They call me "the Pokémon Master". Little kids love it when I go in. XD

I guess SoA's story was touching too. Much to my style. XD

Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 07:13:48 pm »

yeah the ending and credits of SoA made me cry Y.Y
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 07:29:02 pm »

Wow. Haha. ^^;;

The only video game to make me cry, at any point, was the PMD series after you dissapear and your partner goes all emo.
Report Spam   Logged

Upa!
Swift Swimmer

Upa! da woopa KING

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 07:35:56 pm »

They call me "the Pokémon Master". Little kids love it when I go in. XD
when you enter the store, do they fall to their knee's and pray to you. because that would be soooo boss.
Wow. Haha. ^^;;

The only video game to make me cry, at any point, was the PMD series after you dissapear and your partner goes all emo.
awww.... i kinda wanna get the mystery dungeon games, but im broke so i cant XP
Report Spam   Logged

>-(◕ ◡ ◕)-<
       /   \   
      |    |  
    <_/  \_>
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 07:44:01 pm »

when you enter the store, do they fall to their knee's and pray to you. because that would be soooo boss.awww.... i kinda wanna get the mystery dungeon games, but im broke so i cant XP
No LOL, but if they know me they're all "Where have you been lately? Caught anything new?" etc etc. ^^

And it's so worth the money. I'm getting a job soon, that pays very well. Game tiem! =D
Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 05:30:10 pm »

I didn't really like PMD... the gameplay was strange to me =( I really wanted to beat it, I just couldn't bring myself to play anymore, I was so excited to be a pokemon and I love that it has an actual story line
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: