Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 09:56:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

-SPOILERS-

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: -SPOILERS-  (Read 1164 times)
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2011, 04:31:37 pm »

This topic is about instigating a forum rule on Ludicom.
A rule against spoilers.
I would like to have this rule made official in the forum rules of course.

We all know that having spoilers being revealed is shocking and can ruin the fun of a game, a show, a series, a movie, a novel, etc.
That is why something must be done against it.

Of course, we don't have the luxury of having spoiler tags on Ludicom but,
we have an alternative. The 'Black Glow'.
The 'Black Glow' as I have named it is simply this:
Have a black text (standard colored text) in a black glow tag.
The code for it is as follows:
Code:
[glow=black,2,300][/glow]
Where the only thing you need to do is select your text, apply the 'Glow' tag -- and change the 'red' to 'black'.

As for the rule, what I would suggest would be this.
Someone spoils something, they get a warning.
The same person spoils a second time, they get a second warning.
And at the third warning, they are temporarily banned.
When their temporary ban is lifted and they still spoil, then it's permanent ban.

Also, moderators and admins should either put the 'Black Glow' on spoils that need it when and if they see it and warn the person or just warn the person so they do it themselves.

I believe there are already rules like this one on many other forums and I believe we need it here too.

Thanks for your time.

PS: I get really out of control when someone spoils something even if it doesn't regard my own interests at all. I apologize for all I have said and am truly sorry if I hurt someone's feelings.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Eric
The higest rank of the turtles in the turtle kingdom.
Ruby Gatherer

Turtle power is not the power to be underestimated

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 04:51:46 pm »

I understand Mag, I hate when people spoils something too, It ruined hours of waiting and fun if you know what happened in the end. I agree on this rule to the fullest.
Report Spam   Logged

I am in need of Minecraft gift codes. I can't buy online stuff and I really love minecraft. So If you have a spare gift code, I hope you can give me. =)
loom
Emerald Hoarder

k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 06:05:27 pm »

Yeah I agree that this should be a rule.

BTW who was the genius who came up with the black glow spoiler tags? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Steel, I'm normally a very passive person, but I do have my limits. So either fix the forum, or I'll track your ass down, strap an explosive to you and throw you in a river, and when the explosive goes off, people will think it was just a failed terrorist act. Seriously, you better have saved everything you took off the forum.
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 06:42:29 pm »

coughmecough

Naw.  While I have been using it for a while, I don't think I was the FIRST person to use it Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 06:47:35 pm »

I feel inclined to agree that I am a genius but I wasn't THE genius who came up with the black glow spoiler tags.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 09:42:21 pm »

I am. I was doing it white at first though because white was fabulous.
Then, I think it was Starrk or Matt who said it was simpler to just do it black.
I'm not a genius though. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 05:20:48 am »

We shouldnt ban spoilers that's silly, what if people want to talk about what happened in something, it should be allowed just hidden in tags
but we DEFINITELY should have spoiler tags..but the black glow thing is silly, we need to add spoiler tags from an smf thing, I know all the free ones can get it so it should be fine.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 05:56:30 pm »

Are spoiler tags available for free smf forums?

The black glow thing should suffice for now, but if it is possibel to add the spiler tags I think it would be great. I checked and see no mention of it on the admin panel, if Kloud knows more I'm sure she'll let you know.

[spoiler]testing[/spoiler]

In terms of the rule aspect, would everyone like to vote on it asin an official poll?

I know this is directly influenced by what happened in the tot, but in the future now that this was brought up, it would be good to have this in place. Spoiling something for someone can be rude as proven already. I hope you guys can take precaution in the future when posting spoilers to shows, movies, etc
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:19:28 pm by JCBellsprout » Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 04:21:17 am »

Are spoiler tags available for free smf forums?
it's got to be added but it's free, I've see forums get them for free
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 04:45:37 pm »

We shouldnt ban spoilers that's silly, what if people want to talk about what happened in something, it should be allowed just hidden in tags
but we DEFINITELY should have spoiler tags..but the black glow thing is silly, we need to add spoiler tags from an smf thing, I know all the free ones can get it so it should be fine.

No. It's spoiling that's stupid.
It's something little kids do. I believe we are all mature enough to keep it clean of spoilers.

The black glow isn't silly. It's a tool.
Kloud already said she checked for spoiler tags and it wasn't available for smfforfree.
I already discussed it with her before.
There was no need for a topic like this one though since there wasn't any spoiling done. However, now is a different issue.
Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 04:49:12 pm »

It's not an issue it happened once.n
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 04:53:50 pm »

It's not an issue it happened once.n

Ah quit it already---!
I'm not even targeting you anymore.

We need something done is all.

In the past we were just a couple active members but now we're a whole active community.
Report Spam   Logged

DelightfulPotato
Pokemon Demigod
Sapphire Collector

Gym Leader Extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »

I've spoiled stuff before, but only at the request of others, and even then I try not to reveal the truly key points or elaborate too much on it. I'll start using the Black Glow Spoilers, which should be easy for me to remember as it's acronym is BGS, a grading type in Magic The Gathering.

I also support Magoo, and say that we should have punishments for spoiling. It must be driven through that ruining other things for people is NOT okay, even if one person asks for it. If that last bit I said makes me accountable for my own errs, then I accept any punishment given to me. However, I do believe that this should not be done retroactively, but from this point forward. Also, in my own opinion, it should not be voted on by the people, as many people here spoil, and would inherently vote against it. I do believe that it should happen, but only after deliberation by the moderators, to decide if such a decision would positively affect us.
Report Spam   Logged

[Shell.dll]
Wolpertinger
Mystic Lawn Gnomes
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 05:35:44 pm »

I've spoiled stuff before, but only at the request of others, and even then I try not to reveal the truly key points or elaborate too much on it. I'll start using the Black Glow Spoilers, which should be easy for me to remember as it's acronym is BGS, a grading type in Magic The Gathering.

I also support Magoo, and say that we should have punishments for spoiling. It must be driven through that ruining other things for people is NOT okay, even if one person asks for it If that last bit I said makes me accountable for my own errs, then I accept any punishment given to me. However, I do believe that this should not be done retroactively, but from this point forward. Also, in my own opinion, it should not be voted on by the people, as many people here spoil, and would inherently vote against it. I do believe that it should happen, but only after deliberation by the moderators, to decide if such a decision would positively affect us.
Adding to that, if someone does want to know just PM instead of spoiling it for all the other people that may see it.
Report Spam   Logged

It is forbidden, asking why is irrelevant.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: