Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 02:29:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Official ‘Autumn Friendly’ Wi-Fi Tournament

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official ‘Autumn Friendly’ Wi-Fi Tournament  (Read 401 times)
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2011, 11:38:38 am »

From this Wednesday to next Wednesday, registration for the first official Pokemon Wi-Fi tournament will take place via the Global Link website - up to 10,000 players can register. The tournament will use double battles, four Unova Pokemon per match (out of six you bring), and Pokemon Level 51 and above will be leveled-down to Level 50. Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem cannot be used in the tournament, but all other Unova Pokemon are allowed. While there are no prizes, the top finishers will be shown at the top of a leaderboard posted on the Global Battle Union website, meaning you can win fame and recognition! The actual battles will take place from October 20th to the 24th. You can read the full details from Pokemon.com below:

Registration for the Global Battle Union Autumn Friendly Tournament begins October 12th.

Looking for a way to tune up your battling skills? Try a Wi-Fi Battle Competition! The 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament is an easy way to play against other Trainers around the world. This competition is part of the Global Battle Union, one of the awesome features of the Pokémon Global Link. The tournament is completely free, so don’t miss your chance to show off your Trainer talent!

During the tournament, you’ll play against other Trainers online, using your Nintendo DS system and your Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version game. The better you do, the higher you’ll rank. Then, at the end of the tournament, all the results will be posted to the leaderboards on the Global Battle Union website!

Here are some things you should know when preparing for the 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament: All battles are Double Battles, meaning two Pokémon from each Trainer’s party will be battling at the same time. You need at least four Pokémon in your Battle Box before each battle, and you can have up to six. All of the Pokémon must be from the Unova Pokédex. Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem cannot be used. When you battle, any Pokémon at Level 51 or higher will automatically become Level 50 for the duration of the battle. Pokémon at Level 49 or lower will not change level.

Registration for the 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament will be October 12th to 19th via the Global Battle Union. Battles begin October 20th and run through the 24th. Be sure to register early—only the first 10,000 people will be given a place in tournament! To register, you need a Pokémon Trainer Club account and the ability to log in to the Pokémon Global Link. To battle, you need to have access to a wireless Internet connection.

Good luck and have fun in the Global Battle Union 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 11:04:06 am »

Are any of you guys entering?
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8585-9856

Found 100+ Shinies in XY combined

Mains Samus, Pit and Sonic (Will main other newcomers)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 12:40:23 pm »

Are any of you guys entering?
Nah. I haven't been even remotely competitive in Pokemon for ages... I'm happy enough just collecting them and raising them to be the best they can be the old fashioned way. Smiley

.... I feel like the old woman of the Pokemon world ;~;
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 12:51:03 pm »

I would, but I'm sure everyone knows my situation. Though I should be able to remedy it this weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 01:02:46 pm »

Too focused on RNG'ing to do this now, my goal is to eventually have the majority of my battling pokemon being bred by myself, it'll be a while before I move up to Gen 5 RNG.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 04:02:41 am »

I don't have any competitive mons to do this so ummm yea
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 12:33:17 pm »

I don't have any competitive mons to do this so ummm yea

I guarantee you not everyone will be using compmons like the VGC, anyway it's fairly easy to find freebies.

--

Pokémon Black & White - Autumn Friendly Increase

For those of you who have yet to register for the upcoming WiFi Tournament; Autumn Friendly 2011, on the Global Battle Union, you'll be happy to know that due to popular demand the amount of entry spots has been increased from 10,000 to 35,000 making the tournament even bigger than before. Registration lasts until Wednesday and another increase isn't likely so register while you still can.
Once registered, you need to save and register your team in the Battle Box in game and connect via the Battle Competition option in-game. This tournament is a Double Battle tournament using Pokémon only within the Unova Pokédex barring Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem. You need to register 4 or more in your Battle Box and all Pokémon over Level 50 will be lowered to Level 50 within the tournament.
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 05:12:44 pm »

Pokémon Black & White - Autumn Friendly WiFi Tournament

For those of you who registrered for the Autumn Friendly WiFi Tournament, the registration is now over and the tournament itself has begun. This tournament runs until the end of Monday 24th October 2011 so get battling. These battles are all Double Battles utilising the Pokémon within the Unova Pokédex only.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: