Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 02:40:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A domain?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A domain?  (Read 1179 times)
fivex
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2011, 05:51:19 pm »

Domains (at least in more "normal" TLDs) are relatively cheap (.com domains are usually around 10$ a year?). Would it be possible to get a domain for here? Ludi.com is taken, ut things like ludi.co and ludico.me aren't. Or you could just go with ludicom.com or ludicom.net or something.
I'm also pretty sure smfforfree supports domains?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:24:13 pm »

Domains (at least in more "normal" TLDs) are relatively cheap (.com domains are usually around 10$ a year?). Would it be possible to get a domain for here? Ludi.com is taken, ut things like ludi.co and ludico.me aren't. Or you could just go with ludicom.com or ludicom.net or something.
I'm also pretty sure smfforfree supports domains?
Where would you recommend buying a domain name? I'd be willing to pay $10 in a heartbeat. xD

I think they do, although I'm not sure how well they're supported. I'll check into that.
Report Spam   Logged

[Shell.dll]
Wolpertinger
Mystic Lawn Gnomes
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:41:35 pm »

Where would you recommend buying a domain name? I'd be willing to pay $10 in a heartbeat. xD

I think they do, although I'm not sure how well they're supported. I'll check into that.
godaddy is pretty good, domain.com is cool too
Report Spam   Logged

It is forbidden, asking why is irrelevant.
fivex
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 06:52:44 pm »

hm.
someone already took ludicom.com/.net/.org

http://www.godaddy.com/ is where I was pulling the prices from; not too sure how good they are.
Note that non .com domains are usually somewhere between  15-20$/year. .info domains are CHEAPER for whatever reason, which explains why a number of small websites (around this size) I am aware of are .info
Report Spam   Logged
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 07:57:03 pm »

Does GoDaddy send physical mail to my address? I can buy the domain ASAP, but not if they'll be sending mail (I'd really rather not be explaining to my parents why I purchased a domain). Couldn't find an answer on Google so I figured I'd ask here.
Report Spam   Logged

fivex
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:28 pm »

Does GoDaddy send physical mail to my address? I can buy the domain ASAP, but not if they'll be sending mail (I'd really rather not be explaining to my parents why I purchased a domain). Couldn't find an answer on Google so I figured I'd ask here.
It probably doesn't; for various reasons they HAVE to have it. If you move it's probably best to also change the address, it could theoretically get taken down otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 08:06:33 pm »

It probably doesn't; for various reasons they HAVE to have it. If you move it's probably best to also change the address, it could theoretically get taken down otherwise.
Alrighty, thanks for the info. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:22:48 am »

hm.
someone already took ludicom.com/.net/.org
the fuuu who would do that

edit- I just went on ludicom.com and it said The domain ludicom.com may be for sale by its owner!
and then there is a more details button so it may be worth checking that out
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Shihen
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »

Domain name would be nice but haven't we been over this before?
I'm not sure if SMF For Free will allow you to export SQL tables - At least I couldn't find the feature so the other solution is to email support or w/e.
Which I highly doubt they'll just give you the SQL tables in any case.

Unless everyone is up for a fresh start.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 02:54:04 am »

I'm not sure if SMF For Free will allow you to export SQL tables - At least I couldn't find the feature so the other solution is to email support or w/e.

I wouldn't mind a fresh start! :3

I has a suggestions!

www.ludicomwillnevergetadomain.lol

xD
Report Spam   Logged
fivex
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 02:57:48 am »

I"m pretty sure smfforfree allows you to associate a domain to a forum; and a domain =/= hosting.
I actually would be up for a fresh start for transfer to non smfforfree hosting, though.
Report Spam   Logged
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 03:25:25 am »

I wouldn't mind a fresh start! :3

I has a suggestions!

www.ludicomwillnevergetadomain.lol

xD
Raise your hand if you actually clicked the link...

*raises hand*
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 04:58:56 am »

I"m pretty sure smfforfree allows you to associate a domain to a forum; and a domain =/= hosting.
I actually would be up for a fresh start for transfer to non smfforfree hosting, though.
I agree x3
Report Spam   Logged
Shihen
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 03:16:54 pm »

For some reason I was thinking of getting a host as well., I just have the habit of linking the two together since it's normally what I look for.

Well anyway a domain name should be able to direct to this place - I've never actually setup a domain name to another host though so that's a hazy topic for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: