Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 07:59:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Non-Pokemon!! Roleplay- Sign up and Discussion

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-Pokemon!! Roleplay- Sign up and Discussion  (Read 797 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: October 15, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »

No title yet, so shoot me. xD

Not a Pokemon roleplay, which is enough to define it here I guess.

I've been working on underlaying plot points and such for this roleplay for awhile now and am pleased to say that I'm far enough along in planning to get this rolling. Recently the roleplays here have hit a slump, which is disappointing to say the least. I really enjoy roleplaying with you guys, so I'm hoping that those of you also wanting some action will sign up. Extra details regarding specific countries and all will be added later, but until then, just ask questions if in doubt!

This roleplay is best suited for intermediate to strong roleplayers. Newer players are welcome, but please, please let us know if you are inexperienced. That way, instead of people getting mad at little mistakes, they can direct their attention to helping you. Smiley This roleplay is designed for a smaller number of core players (3-5 or so), but if many people are interested, adjustments can be made. You can also make yourself a side character as opposed to a core player, which means you won't have to post as much and can instead drift in and out more than a usual player.

Simple Premise

An adventure taking place in an alternate history branch of the world (using the steampunk ideas- important link, so take a peek if you don't know what that is!). There is a main empire and a handful of smaller ones. However, due to military activity, most countries aren't super small as countries either joined together willingly or were annexed. However, most changes to country lines occurred over three decades ago and for the most part boundaries are now stable. But just as in our world, peace never lasts...

Name:
Appearance: (at least give us an idea of how they look, alright?)
Bio: (tell us about your character)
Additional Details?:

I'll write more later. I'm tired. xD
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 04:33:04 pm »

Name: Dylan (Last name pending)
Appearance: Dylan is a lot taller than most people his age. He's typically seen in an entirely black outfit, which he choses to ware because it doesn't show grease stains.
Bio: Gifted with a major fondness for machines, Dylan became and engineer's apprentice at a rather young age. Quickly rising though the ranks, he has since began developments entirely solo. While not the most social person out there, he is also not an introvert, and does have people skills. He does, however, get easily distracted by his work.
Additional Details: He has a habit of carrying around an excessive amount of tools wherever he goes.

It's actually kinda ironic that after I use this kind of character in a Pokemon thing, a perfect place for another appearance arises. Wouldn't you say?
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 04:50:19 pm »

I'll join, I'll havta check the link later; I'm on my Wii...

Name: Kein
Appearance: Height: 6'0" Weight: 187lbs; Has rather long, silver hair, reaching to the base of his neck. Wears a dark red cloth around head, also wears a black scarf worn loosely around neck.
Bio: Kein is the owner of a Mech Warehouse, where he builds machines, weapons, anything to help him and his family. He strives to aid in ending the wars, but alas, he can't find the guts to leave his family to fight this cause.
Addition Info: Since I assume weapons are needed, Kein handles a wide variety of weapons; he excels at using a weapon he created: It's a sort of Gunblade that transform between each stage; Stage one: Blade, S2(Stage two): Shotgun, S3: Split(Two swords), S4: Rapid-Fire.

He also has a rather deep voice(I imagine stuff in Anime form, voices apply to me! xD); think Flay from Mana Khemia(Without the superhero monologing), or, you can imagine Byron from Pokemon D/P.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 04:55:52 pm by Richie » Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:14:57 pm »

hmmm I'm glad you are adding another RP since the board has been quite innactive recently, I'm going to perhaps try to get the pokemon one back up with a big post tommorow.  Anyway I'd join this because I'm not a fan of steampunk, so sorry :/ however I will keep an eye out and support the board's activity hopefully.  Good luck!
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 05:24:24 pm »

I don't even know what Steampunk is, I'm going by Kloud's vague description.

Anyways, should Kein's family be posted? Or should they just be side character who just get some screen time?
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:32:28 pm »

@Kinny- My interests are ever changing. xD

Name: Kloud
Appearance: Somewhat tall, but fairly average. Wears a white blouse and blue skirt. Carries a brown leather bag with her at all times. Appearance is otherwise typical for my "Kloud" characters. xDDD
Bio: A rebellious girl born in the upper crust of life. She has since lived fairly well, but in a move against the tradition of the times, she has decided to leave home in search of a life of her own, which she hopes will be more exciting than whiling away her time at home.
Additional Details?: She's decent at cooking food and mending items. She can also make clothes, in the right situation. However, she finds most of these types of tasks fairly boring. In general, she's nice, albeit wary of strangers. However, if you anger her, she's known to give the cold shoulder. She has little knowledge in the workings of machinery.

Name: Nathan
Appearance: Average build. At most times, he's wearing his military garb. On the rare off day, he wears lounge clothes. He has short, dark brown hair and green eyes.
Bio: Nathan is a soldier in the army of the largest country. Not much is known about him. He has a low tolerance for crap and a short temper. He can actually be a nice guy at times, but if he isn't mad, he's usually just neutral.
Additional Details?: none yet

I don't even know what Steampunk is, I'm going by Kloud's vague description.

Anyways, should Kein's family be posted? Or should they just be side character who just get some screen time?
First and most relevant chunk of definition from Wikipedia:

"Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Steampunk involves a setting where steam power is still widely used—usually Victorian era Britain—that incorporates elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology may include such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne.

Other examples of steampunk contain alternative history-style presentations of such technology as lighter-than-air airships, analog computers, or such digital mechanical computers as Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace's Analytical engine."

Some Final Fantasy games are semi-steampunk in nature. Hope that helps define it a bit more until you can look at the page yourself.

Anyways, only post bios if the character will be getting a lot of screen time. If not, I'm inclined to say don't waste your time and just share important details as they come.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 05:42:58 pm »

Ah, thanks for the description.

Well, I'll at least post their names.

Julia: Kein's wife. (22)
Mariya: Kein's daughter. (4)
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:26:31 pm »

I'm a bit rusty at RPing, it's been a few months since I last did it, so don't blame me if I do something wrong Tongue

Name: Terrian Pollard (That's my RP/MMO name and I'm sticking to it Tongue)
Appearance: Tall and Skinny, Long Blond Hair, Usually wares Overalls with a Tan Soft Cap and (sometimes) Aviator Goggles
Bio: A young airship pilot learning from his father.  He spent most of his childhood away from people other than his family.  Since his dad has been growing older he has been slowly forced into the position of being the only person to support his family by doing light cargo trips between small towns.
Additional Details: His family consists of:

George (Father)
Marie (Mother)
Gina (Older Sister)
Mina (Younger Sister)

I don't really have much more info, I kinda like to build my characters as I go along Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 02:41:59 pm »

Gonna be starting this in the next day or two, so if you're interested in being a core character from the beginning, you'd best speak now. xD
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 02:49:55 pm »

Gonna be starting this in the next day or two, so if you're interested in being a core character from the beginning, you'd best speak now. xD
Not today? ;-;
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 02:52:29 pm »

Not today? ;-;
I want to be sure that everyone has a chance to sign up :3
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 02:57:02 pm »

I want to be sure that everyone has a chance to sign up :3
Okay! x3
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 09:03:22 pm »

Y u no make Rp topic yet!? D:
Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 09:20:31 pm »

Name: Ian

Appearance: 5ft 6" Long Brown hair skinny

Bio: At a younger age, he committed a murder in self defense. However, he was afraid of the police and ran away. He is constantly on the run from police.

Additional Info: While he is loyal, Ian does not have many friends because people recognize him from flyer. He searches for someone to protect him from the army or whoever hunts him.
Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 08:56:45 pm »

can we post
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print