Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:54:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Cogs in the Sky

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Cogs in the Sky  (Read 1141 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2011, 07:48:40 pm »

Welcome to Bellview of East Stonehaven. The date is August 21st, 2053. The weather is currently cloudy and roughly 70 degrees Fahrenheit...

The loudspeakers trailed off with a slight hiss as people bustled through the square. Each hour, a woman would announce the date and weather over loudspeaker to Bellview Square. As Bellview is one of the few towns with a train running through it, it's a popular place to stop, especially for those traveling on long trips. This activity has caused the town to flourish economically, but lose value as a place to live, due in no small part to the rough crowds that come through via the trains. Bounty hunters, soldiers and the like. The shopping was just too good to pass up for some.

A man walked off of the train that had just arrived, looking less than pleased. His Lieutenant had sent him off on a mission out of town, away from his loved ones and his home. Normally, he would just let it go, but his mission was so mind-numbingly stupid, he couldn't help but be angry. "This is a rookie mission, damnit!" He growled to himself, before looking up. He sighed and shook his head before walking away quickly. People looked, yes, but not for long. His Stonehaven Military garb ensured that.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 09:06:08 pm »

Ian walked in the square, alert for guards. "Man. Two years exactly I've been running and they never forget my face!" He kicked a rock in anger. The rock soared up and landed on a man's shoulder.

"Uh oh." Ian said as the man turned around. The man was a guards. "I can take you."

The guard blew into a whistle. Five more guards came out next to him.

"Uh oh." Ian turned and started to run, the guards at his heels.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 10:16:14 pm »

Outskirts of Bellview, Felsieve Warehouse...

The warehouse a filled with the sounds of buzzing machines, some clanking together wildly, Maria, Kein Felsieve's four-year-old daughter, had ventured into said warehouse.

"Daddy?" she called, the echo sounded over all of the racket.

"Hm, wha-?" Kein muttered, looking back while lifting his work goggles, "Oh, hey there, Maria."

"Daddy, Mommy wanted me to come get you." Maria said, inching further into the warehouse.

"Oh, right! I gotta go into town! I totally forgot!" Kein said, stumbling from his station, picking up Maria and rushing out of the warehouse. He ran to the house, then readied his carrier.

"Kein!" Julia, Kein's wife called.

"I know, I know! I'm heading into town now!" Kein called back, an with that, he was off.

"I wanted you to help clean..." Julia sighed, placing her hand on her forehead.

---

Bellview

Kein finally arrived in the bustling downtown of Bellview, "Let's see, I have a good amount of time, I should head to the bar."
(I assume there's a bar.)
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 01:24:17 pm »

Kloud had been running for awhile now, and had finally immersed herself in the crowded town of Bellview. Yes, it was a place she'd rather not linger, but she needed to get off of that train and stretch her legs. She could continue on her way later.

As she walked through the square and into the more secluded areas of town, she couldn't help but to look at all of the shops. "So different from home..." She murmured to herself. She glanced around. I need to find a workshop that sells machine parts. I need an aetheric battery or I'll be out of luck soon enough...
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 01:28:46 pm »

From a point on the part's market, shouting could be heard.

"GAH! GET BACK HERE! I SWEAR, IF I MAKE IT OUT OF HERE ALIVE, I"M GOING TO WRING YOUR DESERTER NECK!"

The shouting was coming form Dylan, a local Engineer, who at the moment, was being crushed under about 70 pounds of iron and steel, the jack that could save him just out of reach.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 01:33:58 pm »

Kloud heard shouting from nearby and ran over. She saw a man trapped under some heavy looking metal. "Oh my god!" Kloud looked shocked. "Um, um, um..." She was looking around, trying to figure out what to do. Her eyes landed on the jack and she began to jack the metal up as fast as she possibly could manage.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 01:47:30 pm »

(Sorry if it's a bit late to reiterate, but Kein's hair is black, not sure if I posted that.)

"Jeez, business is pretty slow today..." Kein grumbled.

"Kein!!" yelled a voice.

"Hmm, oh, Greeves, 's 'bout freakin' time you showed up!" Kein said.

Greeves is Kein's assistant, he's a rather short guy, about 5'05", his skin, tanned by the sun. He wore glasses that he kept polished.

"Sorry, Kein, just got off the train, ya know how it is." Greeves said, apologetically.

"Well, ya didn't miss much, nothin's happening..." Kein sighed.

"Ah. Well, I might as well hang out with ya." Greeves said, taking a seat next to Kein.

"Hey, what's that noise?" Greeves asked, turning in the direction of the shouting.

"Probably some guy who just wants attention, we better go check." Kein said, getting up.

"Wha-" Kein saw a man trapped under a heap of metal, "Holy-! Co'mon! We gotta help!"

"We can help, little miss."
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 01:48:22 pm »

As soon as Dylan had enough room to move, he forced his way out from under the machine, breathing rather heavily, and his face pitch black and covered in soot.

"Ugh... thanks...for that... graaa... I tell ya.... it's... impossible... to find... good help..."

When Dylan gathered his breath, he looked up to actually see who had saved him. After wiping at least part of his face, enough so the area around his eyes was spotless, he introduced himself.

"Hey, the names's Dylan. Local engineer. And you are?"
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:59:18 pm »

"Kein Felsieve, nice to meet ya." Kein said, "What happened?"

"Kein, d'ya help 'im?" Greeves said, just appearing to the scene.

"Yeah, I was helping girl though, she saw him first." Kein said, "You're rather late to things today."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 02:27:31 pm »

"My name's Kloud... Are you alright?" Kloud gave Dylan a slightly concerned glance. She nodded to Kein. "Thank you for the help."  A look of surprise came over Kloud's face. "Oh, right! You say you're an Engineer, right...? Do you happen to have any spare batteries? I'm in need of a special kind, so it's been somewhat hard to find..."

((Just an FYI, the type of battery Kloud is looking for is an extremely high powered battery normally reserved for military use, so it would be seen as suspicious or strange when she explains what kind of battery she needs.))
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 02:41:04 pm »

"My name's Kloud... Are you alright?" Kloud gave Dylan a slightly concerned glance. She nodded to Kein. "Thank you for the help."  A look of surprise came over Kloud's face. "Oh, right! You say you're an Engineer, right...? Do you happen to have any spare batteries? I'm in need of a special kind, so it's been somewhat hard to find..."

((Just an FYI, the type of battery Kloud is looking for is an extremely high powered battery normally reserved for military use, so it would be seen as suspicious or strange when she explains what kind of battery she needs.))
"Well, I'm sure I can probably dig something up at some point. My home's a literal junk yard full of all sorts of thing that my old teacher left me. If I find what you need, it's yours. Least I can do."

Dylan then turned to the heap or metal that had nearly crushed him.

"If I could just get this damn thing running at maximum capacity, It'd revolutionize engine efficiency."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 02:43:53 pm »

"Awesome!" Kloud's eyes sparkled for a moment before she glanced at the machine. "What.. What is it?"
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 02:47:59 pm »

"I can help, Dylan, I run a parts shop, come with me, I should have what your lookin' for." Kein said, pointing with his thumb behind him, "If not, we could check my warehouse."
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 02:55:10 pm »

"Just one of the biggest, or rather, smallest, overhauls I've ever attempted. Normally, turbines for steam engines are twice this size, but if I can get this thing working the way I've planned,  it'll be just as powerful."

Dylan continued to wipe his face off, and his appearance was more or less definable now.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 03:03:45 pm »

"Just one of the biggest, or rather, smallest, overhauls I've ever attempted. Normally, turbines for steam engines are twice this size, but if I can get this thing working the way I've planned,  it'll be just as powerful."

Dylan continued to wipe his face off, and his appearance was more or less definable now.
"That's quite the project, but how do you intend on making this work?" Kein asked, he turned to Kloud, "Little Miss, you needed a battery?"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: