Ludicom
April 20, 2024, 03:05:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Official Zelda Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Zelda Thread  (Read 3212 times)
Darkgale
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 03:00:54 am »

Damn it looks like you're really getting into zelda. That's great. It's an awesome series.
I really would recommend trying the 3d zeldas as they're really amazing as well.
Try starting out with skyward sword for the wii. I feel like you'd probably like it a lot if you gave it a shot.
It's my favorite zelda game, so I'm biased though, lol.
As for finding FSA, honestly I would just recommend getting the ROM (dun give me ban hammer plz x.x)
After all, nintendo isn't exactly selling copies anymore so the profits wouldn't be going to them anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2015, 09:07:47 am »

I've watched LPs of various 3D Zeldas and so I know the content of stuff like Skyward Sword and they are great games to watch, but not my kind of thing to play.  Before Zelda, I only played Pokémon; I'm not really a gamer.  I have to use a guide too because I'm not very good.  Navigating the 3D worlds will just confuse me, so I'd rather watch others doing it.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2015, 02:18:43 pm »

When did you get it?  Cos I've been looking it up on various sites and they all seem to be quite expensive, even in various regions.
Less than 5 years ago. I know the Wii was out at the time...
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Darkgale
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2015, 11:39:42 pm »

I've watched LPs of various 3D Zeldas and so I know the content of stuff like Skyward Sword and they are great games to watch, but not my kind of thing to play.  Before Zelda, I only played Pokémon; I'm not really a gamer.  I have to use a guide too because I'm not very good.  Navigating the 3D worlds will just confuse me, so I'd rather watch others doing it.
Give the wii u one a shot when it comes out! It's good to try new things, especially if that new thing happens to be awesome.
I'm not 100% sure the wii u zelda will be awesome, but im pretttttyyy confident in it.
Navigating the 3D world will probably be confusing at first, but it'll probably be a good challenge and end up being pretty fun too.
My biggest tip for 3D zeldas is to observe your surroundings if you get stuck. If you're stuck in a puzzle just observe your surroundings and go over what tools and information you have. It's really fun and rewarding imo.
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2015, 06:31:56 am »

Give the wii u one a shot when it comes out! It's good to try new things, especially if that new thing happens to be awesome.
I'm not 100% sure the wii u zelda will be awesome, but im pretttttyyy confident in it.
Navigating the 3D world will probably be confusing at first, but it'll probably be a good challenge and end up being pretty fun too.
My biggest tip for 3D zeldas is to observe your surroundings if you get stuck. If you're stuck in a puzzle just observe your surroundings and go over what tools and information you have. It's really fun and rewarding imo.

I don't have a Wii U Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2015, 09:13:53 am »

Fact:
Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and A Link Between Worlds are all 3D.

Tongue

lol you trollin' ...water temple bloody hell that would do my head in

also keep in mind that FSA is very rare now, so it might cost you quite a lot unless you get lucky.

Indeed I was.

I'm sure I can get FSA cheap somewhere in town.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2015, 06:01:19 pm »

Fact:
Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and A Link Between Worlds are all 3D.
They are top down style, not full on 3d like oot/ww/etc.  So while they have the semi-3d angled stuff of the DS gen (like current pokemon stuff), they are still considered top down which puts them with the 2d zeldas.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2015, 08:50:04 pm »

They are top down style, not full on 3d like oot/ww/etc.  So while they have the semi-3d angled stuff of the DS gen (like current pokemon stuff), they are still considered top down which puts them with the 2d zeldas.
I'd call them 3D games given the fact that the Zed Axis is still used in the gameplay. Top Down or not, 3D is defined by relative space usage within three axis-es, not perspective.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2015, 10:03:39 pm »

I know~

I'd call them 3D games given the fact that the Zed Axis is still used in the gameplay. Top Down or not, 3D is defined by relative space usage within three axis-es, not perspective.

That's right~
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2015, 10:25:32 pm »

I'm pretty sure he meant Top Down vs the "behind the character" Third Person perspective.

I'm pretty sure you knew what he meant, Majoras mask and Wind Waker have obvious gameplay differences from A Link To The Past or Minish Cap.

Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2015, 10:35:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure he meant Top Down vs the "behind the character" Third Person perspective.

I'm pretty sure you knew what he meant, Majoras mask and Wind Waker have obvious gameplay differences from A Link To The Past or Minish Cap.

It's heckling. That's all. I still disagree of course, prefering the 3rd Person over the shoulder perspective zelda games, but that's just me, and it's mainly because I'm horrible at all of them except Minish Cap.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 05:33:03 pm »

Trilby Highlands
Report Spam   Logged

Darkgale
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2015, 02:30:44 am »

The Wii U Zelda was delayed until next year D:
Then again, Zelda games are always delayed lol.
Ah well, they do it for the sake of quality.
I'm still pumped for it to come out.
I remember a Miyamoto quote that was something along the lines of...
I'll just google it: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2015, 04:58:28 pm »

Just got back from The Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses.  I got a T-shirt and poster, but sadly they didn't sell a programme of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2015, 10:43:13 am »

I finally won Phantom Hourglass!  That was a tough game.  Some parts were so stressful, like being chased by Phantoms.  Some parts were great like rolling as a Goron or using the Hammer.  It's satisfying to have won it though.  I told myself I would do it and I did!  Finally being able to kill the Phantoms near the end was great.  The fake-out ending and then more final boss took me by surprise.  I've won 5 Zelda games in all now (OoS, OoA, ALBW, Link's Awakening and now this).  I've got unfinished Minish Cap and aLttP where I'm in places I got stuck at but I might revisit them at some point.  I might get Triforce Heroes and Hyrule Warriors Legends too maybe possibly.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: