Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:54:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Official Zelda Thread

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Zelda Thread  (Read 3165 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2015, 07:33:33 pm »

I finally won Phantom Hourglass!  That was a tough game.  Some parts were so stressful, like being chased by Phantoms.  Some parts were great like rolling as a Goron or using the Hammer.  It's satisfying to have won it though.  I told myself I would do it and I did!  Finally being able to kill the Phantoms near the end was great.  The fake-out ending and then more final boss took me by surprise.  I've won 5 Zelda games in all now (OoS, OoA, ALBW, Link's Awakening and now this).  I've got unfinished Minish Cap and aLttP where I'm in places I got stuck at but I might revisit them at some point.  I might get Triforce Heroes and Hyrule Warriors Legends too maybe possibly.
Much as I hate Spirit Tracks, it's basically Phantom Hourglass without the hair pullingly stressful shit. No stupid time limit in the phantom dungeon, no stupid ocean BS. THe worst part is the evil trains and they're easy enough to deal with.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2015, 06:32:53 am »

Much as I hate Spirit Tracks, it's basically Phantom Hourglass without the hair pullingly stressful shit. No stupid time limit in the phantom dungeon, no stupid ocean BS. THe worst part is the evil trains and they're easy enough to deal with.
I was so stressed out and pretty much having heart attacks, sneaking and running around those phantoms.  Hardest dungeon I've ever played and having to go there half a dozen times was so tough.  It was so satisfying in that 6th go through when I could just kill them with the Phantom Sword.  Also I collected all of the Power Gems so I had a Level 2 flaming sword so that was cool.
The Oceans were okay, especially once I got all the cyclones, but I kind of wish I could have just let go of the stylus to let my hand rest instead of being worried about hazards and whatever.  I wish that the boat also had more hearts instead of always having four hearts.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2015, 10:02:38 am »

I was so stressed out and pretty much having heart attacks, sneaking and running around those phantoms.  Hardest dungeon I've ever played and having to go there half a dozen times was so tough.  It was so satisfying in that 6th go through when I could just kill them with the Phantom Sword.  Also I collected all of the Power Gems so I had a Level 2 flaming sword so that was cool.
The Oceans were okay, especially once I got all the cyclones, but I kind of wish I could have just let go of the stylus to let my hand rest instead of being worried about hazards and whatever.  I wish that the boat also had more hearts instead of always having four hearts.
The boat can have more hearts. You just need to equip a better parts. I was super lucky when I played and got a few of the gold set, so I hat like, seven.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:00 pm »

So I won an auction on Ebay £7.50 for a copy of Twilight Princess for the Wii (I know the GC one is considered better, but it's very expensive).  This will be my first non-top down Zelda game.  Hopefully I don't suck.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to Triforce Heroes.  Will anybody want to play it with me when it comes out?  I'd love to co-op with some people.  I think it has to be 3 at a time though, I don't think they said you can do it with 2.  Let me know if you want to play it with me and then when it's out and I've bought a copy, let me know again and we can schedule something.

Also I'm at the final boss of Minish Cap but I keep getting wrecked by those 3 Darknuts and they lower my hearts so much I lose to Vaati.  Hopefully at some point soon I can post saying I've won this darn game xD
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2015, 06:26:08 pm »

So I won an auction on Ebay £7.50 for a copy of Twilight Princess for the Wii (I know the GC one is considered better, but it's very expensive).  This will be my first non-top down Zelda game.  Hopefully I don't suck.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to Triforce Heroes.  Will anybody want to play it with me when it comes out?  I'd love to co-op with some people.  I think it has to be 3 at a time though, I don't think they said you can do it with 2.  Let me know if you want to play it with me and then when it's out and I've bought a copy, let me know again and we can schedule something.

Also I'm at the final boss of Minish Cap but I keep getting wrecked by those 3 Darknuts and they lower my hearts so much I lose to Vaati.  Hopefully at some point soon I can post saying I've won this darn game xD
The Wii controls are a bit strange, but you can also equip an extra item, which makes up for it.

TP  Pro tips.

Walkthroughs for the GC and Wii version differ in that on the Wii, left is right and right is left compaired to the GC version. That being said, you shouldn't need a walkthrough for anything but the golden bugs, poes, and the Owl Statues since a fortune teller in game shows you where the pieces of heart are.

Speaking of Golden Bugs, you need to collect them all in order to get your wallet max sized, so it's worth it.

Anything you can collect, you can collect from a distance with the Gale Boomerang, but remember, it's almost useless for combat. For combat, stick with the bow.

Speaking of the Bow, Bomb Arrows instantly kill Stalfos. This will save you tons of trouble.

The Slingshot is totally useless once you get the boomerang, unless you're going fishing, in which case, it's great for getting your hands on Bee larva.

Once you can use Wolf Form at will, it's important to remember that the wolf homing attack is a great way to jump off a cliff if you aren't careful.

And most importantly, the Magic Armor is uselsss for anything except the final battle with who the f*ck do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2015, 03:40:21 pm »

I won an auction for Spirit Tracks a couple days ago so I'll have that to play soon.

Also after months of annoyance finally beat the Moldorm today in A Link to the Past so I can continue with that playthrough.  Beat Agahnim (agahnim agahnim! agahnim motherf**er!) and got to dark world so I'll do Dark Palace next.

I'm at the Goron Mines in Twilight Princess but I'm falling into lava a lot (thanks wiimote! ¬_¬ ) so I'm probs gonna take a break from that to do aLttP and Spirit Tracks.  Minish Cap still unfinished because darknuts, I'll take a break from that too lol.  Last time I took a break from MC, I came back and did well so breaks help.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 09:29:40 am »

I DID IT!  I have won A Link to the Past! Very happy about that!

So I've won 6 zelda games now (OoS, OoA, ALBW, LA, PH and aLttP)

will continue with spirit tracks soon.  I'm about a quarter into it I think.
Report Spam   Logged

Darkgale
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 11:04:34 am »

Playing through Majora's mask right now.
I can see why so many people like it so much. It's really fun ._.
I DID IT!  I have won A Link to the Past! Very happy about that!

So I've won 6 zelda games now (OoS, OoA, ALBW, LA, PH and aLttP)

will continue with spirit tracks soon.  I'm about a quarter into it I think.
That's awesome dude!
Report Spam   Logged
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2015, 04:37:14 pm »

Playing through Majora's mask right now.
I can see why so many people like it so much. It's really fun ._.That's awesome dude!
The biggest thing about MM is that it's primarily side-quests, with only 4 temples, making the given Heart count a measly 7. Between the 13 hearts worth of pieces as well as all the masks, bottles, and other items (particularly the stray fairies) it can be a real challenge.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2015, 11:56:12 am »

That's awesome dude!
Thanks Cheesy

I bought a Wii U last week (been playing lotsa Smash on it) and I downloaded the original Zelda on it, so I'll play that soon.  Also while I'm mentioning the Wii U, I pre-ordered Mario Maker.
Report Spam   Logged

Darkgale
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2015, 09:13:44 pm »

The biggest thing about MM is that it's primarily side-quests, with only 4 temples, making the given Heart count a measly 7. Between the 13 hearts worth of pieces as well as all the masks, bottles, and other items (particularly the stray fairies) it can be a real challenge.
I think I have 15 hearts right now, and one of the buffs I got gave me double defense, so I'm good there ._.
The bombers notebook in the 3DS version really helps with managing sidequests.
Thanks Cheesy

I bought a Wii U last week (been playing lotsa Smash on it) and I downloaded the original Zelda on it, so I'll play that soon.  Also while I'm mentioning the Wii U, I pre-ordered Mario Maker.
Nice! Look forward to the xenoblade, and the new Zelda that'll be coming out eventually of course >.<
Oh, tell me how Mario Maker is. That game seems quite interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2015, 10:28:59 am »

Oh, tell me how Mario Maker is. That game seems quite interesting.
Yeah.  I don't usually get the Mario games cos I'm not very good, but making them (and making ones more my skill level) sounds fun.  I bought the bundle with the Classic Mario Amiibo and the artbook.  I got a good deal because amazon were offering a £10 code so atm it looks like I'm only paying £36 for it all.
Report Spam   Logged

Darkgale
Ludicolo Expert

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2015, 11:33:15 am »

Yeah.  I don't usually get the Mario games cos I'm not very good, but making them (and making ones more my skill level) sounds fun.  I bought the bundle with the Classic Mario Amiibo and the artbook.  I got a good deal because amazon were offering a £10 code so atm it looks like I'm only paying £36 for it all.
Wow, that sounds like a pretty nice deal.
You should try out games even if you aren't very good at 'em. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is a great platformer as well btw.
The worse you are at something the more you have to learn from it :o
You'll be happy you played a game if it initially wrecks you but you manage to overcome it later, at least in my experience.
Challenges are good.
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2015, 12:08:32 pm »

Original Zelda has been won!  Now I'm up to 7 Zelda Games completed Smiley

I played it over the last four days... it took somewhere between 6 and 6 & a half hours over all to get through it.

Quick thoughts.  Overworld at the first stretch of the game is crueler than most dungeons.  Level 8 was a nightmare because Darknuts everywhere in rooms with fireball shooting statues and bubbles.  The bosses were actually quite easy, especially compared to everything else in this game.  There were mini-bosses much harder than the bosses.

I've essentially done all the Fallen timeline except Zelda 2 (LttP>OoS>OoA>LA>aLBW>LoZ>Z2AoL) (my only non Fallen timeline win is PHg.)

I'm considering picking up tWWHD.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2015, 02:35:32 pm »

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Been playing the Wind Waker.  Dragonroost Cavern completed today.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: