Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 12:45:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Kinfin's Sapphire Nuzlocke Challenge Story (Read only)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kinfin's Sapphire Nuzlocke Challenge Story (Read only)  (Read 530 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:40:39 am »

Chapter 2: The Journey of a Thousand Miles

..begins with but a few steps. And today were my first few steps.

Enter: Dainn
Species: Poochyena
Ability: Run Away
Nature: Naive

Enter: Lyn
Species: Zigzagoon
Ability: Pickup (Love this ability)
Nature: Inpish

Evolution!
Mary evolved into Cascoon
Notes: Ability changed to Shed Skin

Okay, I realize that was probably a lot to take in, but let me explain. I woke up pretty damn early today to train Mary, who was Level 2 when I caught her. Compared to Harland, who was level 7 at the time, I knew if I didn't train her, she'd be nothing but a weak link. During my training, I decided to check out what I could find in Routes 102 and 103, where I met Dainn and Lyn respectively. My training montage then had to be adjusted to include them.

Suffice it to say, I'm tired as hell, so this chapter might be a bit shorter.

You might have also noticed the note I put next to Lyn's ability, right? The reason I mention this is because over our little training session, Lyn found about three Nuggets and 2 Super Potions. So not only is she making me rich, she's also contributing to the team's success. I'm probably going to keep Lyn around for as long as I can.

There's also the Matter of what happened to Mary. She evolved into a Cascoon upon reaching level 7. Con't say I didn't expect it. The moment she learned Poison Sting, I started to spam it, and I have heard rumors that depending on what move you use more often determines how a Wurmpul will evolve. I'm not entirely sure if this is true, but from what I've seen, it holds water.

Now, to move along to my short travel progress that I made. I actually only bothered to go through route 102 before I stopped, but before getting a room at the Pokemon center, I decided to go see my Father, the Gym leader here at Petalburg. He was rather pleased to see me as he had been contacted by mom that I was on my way. We were talking about conditions of me possibly battling him when a twiggy kid with Green Hair and a bad cough came in. Apparently, his name is Wally, and he had arranged for a loan of a Pokemon from my father so he could catch a Pokemon of his own as a traveling companion since he was moving away for the sake of his health.

Now comes the part that agitates me. My father asked me to go with Wally so that I could make sure he didn't die trying to catch something. This isn't the part I have a problem with. As we went into route 102 to find something for him, he was nervously stuttering the entire time. I also don't have a problem with this. What I DO have a problem with is that the FIRST thing he saw was the incredibly rare, super elusive Pokemon Ralts. Don't get me wrong, I like Dainn and all, but I was and am sufficiently jealous. It was at that moment that the vibe I got from Wally changed. At first, he just seemed like the kind of shy kid who would likely have confidence issues, but now, he seems like the stuttering, socially awkward kid who will somehow end up dating the hottest supermodel around.

But I digress.

After getting Wally back to the gym so he could return my Father's Zigzagoon, he went on his merry way, getting ready to leave for Verdanturf town. Meanwhile I had a talk with my father about that battle. He said that he didn't think I was ready yet and that I should come back once I have four other badges. Tedious as I sounds, I figure that It kinda makes sense. If I were to fight his Slackings now, I'd be finished. So the deal was made.

It was around now that my exaustion caught up with me. I checked in to the local Pokemon center and decided to take a nap. Maybe I'd continue later, but for now, I'm bushed.

Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: