Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 04:39:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft  (Read 795 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 12:09:45 am »

You may or may not know, but Blizzard Entertainment, makers of such games as World of Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft, have spent the past several months developing a collectable (not trading because trading isn't a thing in it) card game based on WoW called Hearthstone Heroes of Warcrart. The game is currently in closed beta with the beta wipe having happened very recently. This means that once bugs are fixed and after a bit more tweaking, the game will be released. This topic should be used to discuss, strategize, and maybe make match ups once the game is in full release. If you happen to have a beta key, feel free to tell us stories of your experiences with the game so far and what we can expect.

Personally, I've been hyped for this ever since I saw TotalBiscuit's WTF is of the game, and what excites me most is arena mode, a mode where you make a deck on a random draft of "you pick between these three cards and try to fabricate a good deck".

Full Rules of Hearthstone

Each deck of 30 cards is lead by your hero. The Warrior, The Mage, The Druid, The Shaman, The Warlock, the Hunter, The Paladin, The Rouge, and The Priest.

Each turn, you gain 1 mana crystal which can be spent playing cards. The maximum is ten, but certain cards may push you over that temporarily. One example is The Coin, a consolation to players going second which gives them an extra mana for the turn it's used.

Your cards consist of Minions, Monsters with their own health and attack power with special abilities unique to each.

Spells with are simple, do this, cards that can be empowered by other cards

Weapons which allow your hero to attack

Each Hero has their own power as well. Warrior adds armor, Mage does one damage to anything Druid gains low armor and attack power for the turn, Shaman summons weak special powered totems, Warlock sacrifices health for the ability to draw cards, Hunter does two direct damage to the enemy hero, Paladin summons a weak minion that is consistent, Rouge gives herself a knife, Priest heals two health to anything.

If your hero loses all 30 health, you lose. You also lose if you run out of cards to draw. Your hand can consist of no more than 10 cards at a time otherwise new cards are discarded.

Anything going into battle will deal and take damage at the same time. Example, a 3 attack 2 health (3/2) fights a 2/3, and they both die. This also applies for your hero attacking minions but not enemy heroes as your weapon is sheathed when it's not your turn.

There are too many abilities on the cards to go over them all, but they range from this card heals things, to one specific card that actually replaces your hero.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vlatko
Ludicolo Expert

Main FC: 1590-5372-2460

Pikachu Boy!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:57:52 pm »

Been waiting for my beta key for ages Sad Doo wanntt already Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:16:32 pm »

Been waiting for my beta key for ages Sad Doo wanntt already Sad
Less than two months before it's out anyway. Bliz promised they'd release it on 2013. Once it's out, what Class you gonna main in? Personally planning on a Paladin Pirate or a WarMurloc
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Ludicolo Expert

Pikachu Boy!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 08:38:55 pm »

Less than two months before it's out anyway. Bliz promised they'd release it on 2013. Once it's out, what Class you gonna main in? Personally planning on a Paladin Pirate or a WarMurloc
I think warlocks were most op as far as what I saw, probably not but I haven't watched much on it anymore. I dunno, we'll see.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 08:40:38 pm »

I think warlocks were most op as far as what I saw, probably not but I haven't watched much on it anymore. I dunno, we'll see.
You Kidding? Warlock murders himself. Before the patch, the most OP class was the rogue. Now that the patch has happened, things are really balanced. I'm most worried about Shaman myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Ludicolo Expert

Pikachu Boy!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »

You Kidding? Warlock murders himself. Before the patch, the most OP class was the rogue. Now that the patch has happened, things are really balanced. I'm most worried about Shaman myself.
If you say everything is balanced, I'd probs go with a warrior or mage as thats what I mained in WoW.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 09:19:25 pm »

If you say everything is balanced, I'd probs go with a warrior or mage as thats what I mained in WoW.
Yeah. The Patch was specifically meant to balance. People pointed out how OP the Rouge was, so all it got was nerfs. People pointed out how bad Priest sucked, so it got lots of buffs. The most broken thing in the game is Juraxxis, and if you let a Warlock summon him, you deserve to die. It's a 9 cost.

If you go Mage, definitely invest in some minions with enrage. You can target your Hero Power at them to invoke it. Gurabashi Berserker is a nice choice due to it's seven health.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Ludicolo Expert

Pikachu Boy!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:21:38 pm »

Yeah. The Patch was specifically meant to balance. People pointed out how OP the Rouge was, so all it got was nerfs. People pointed out how bad Priest sucked, so it got lots of buffs. The most broken thing in the game is Juraxxis, and if you let a Warlock summon him, you deserve to die. It's a 9 cost.

If you go Mage, definitely invest in some minions with enrage. You can target your Hero Power at them to invoke it. Gurabashi Berserker is a nice choice due to it's seven health.
Will do.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 09:22:59 pm »

Will do.
Sorry if I sound like I'm spouting about this game. I've watched SOOO much Crendor and TotalBiscuit. Suffice it to say, I'm hyped about Hearthstone and will be playing as much as possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Ludicolo Expert

Pikachu Boy!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:14 pm »

Sorry if I sound like I'm spouting about this game. I've watched SOOO much Crendor and TotalBiscuit. Suffice it to say, I'm hyped about Hearthstone and will be playing as much as possible.
Hhaha nah that's cool, I dont mind. I watched a few WoW players livestream (when my net wasn't being dog****) it and saw a bit but didn't really take in strategies or nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 09:31:28 pm »

Hhaha nah that's cool, I dont mind. I watched a few WoW players livestream (when my net wasn't being dog****) it and saw a bit but didn't really take in strategies or nothing.
Well, fortunately, I've been F*cking STUDYING this game. I'm pretty much prepared for anything, even a 19 Legendary deck (Not as good as it sounds) so if you need tips. I'm your man.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 06:06:39 am »

Hey, this is a thing that's going into open beta in December according to Bliz (which means January in Bliz Speak)
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 10:39:09 am »

Hey, this is a thing that's going into open beta in December according to Bliz (which means January in Bliz Speak)
Does this mean you'll stop watching those hour long videos? :3

Just yanking your chain xD
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 06:24:01 am »

So I'm finally in Hearthstone's beta. It hasn't hit open quite yet, but every closed opt in before the 7th is going to be accepted, and every one before december 16 has been accepted.

So my thoughts so far? You start of a bit weak. Basic decks are important to carry you through I think (I played a few games with Wes, and basic decks are better than you think they are). The arena is very fun, but very expensive douglas. I might spend two bucks on the game in real money just to get the golden gelbin. Other than that though, I'm really enjoying.
Report Spam   Logged

Sato
'Coolest' Guy in the Gem Cities
Sapphire Collector

'Ice' To Meet You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 03:49:42 pm »

In the beta, downloading now Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Please someone make me a new sig oh god it's awful.

You will have my children.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: