Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 04:01:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How to Improve Ludicom?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Improve Ludicom?  (Read 4473 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »

Kloud and I have been talking.

We realize one of Lcom's biggest weaknesses is the lack of XY information. Keeping in mind this is a Fan site, not a news site, so the main aspect is the community and how we interact. Kloud doesn't want Ludicom to end up like PPN did once Platinum came out. Kloud says there were "infinite trade newbs and spam bots."

Kloud wanted me to post this topic to hear your ideas for how we can improve Ludicom while still maintaining it's feel. Do you want a news page? Guides? What are you interested in? What will make this site better?
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:03:46 pm »

Well, a few tutorials/guides wouldn't hurt (I think that's how most members came to find PPN) if someone wanted to do them.

If it works, it probably would lead to trade noobs, though.  But then again, a lot of us were when we joined, and we ended up moving to the other boards Tongue
If it wasn't for the Trade Board, I would have never joined PPN.

And just to be clear, I do still think we should keep our focus on the community aspects, but I also think that we should put some effort into XY related stuff, to attract more members.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 04:05:39 pm »

News page sounds pretty good to me, but It should stay updated.

Guides would be good too, but it's usually alot of work, which is going to take activity away from focusing on the actual site

I was thinking of archiving older dead topics, and making it a locked, view only board for members with atleast 500 post count.
That way we keep the nostalgia some members really like, and the site doesn't look dated, or look like it was dead for a while.

Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 05:25:18 pm »

Guides would be good too, but it's usually alot of work, which is going to take activity away from focusing on the actual site

I was thinking of archiving older dead topics, and making it a locked, view only board for members with atleast 500 post count.
That way we keep the nostalgia some members really like, and the site doesn't look dated, or look like it was dead for a while.

I was thinking guides would be volunteer work, not even necessarily for a whole game but for parts of one. Example: Tips for surviving a Nuzlocke or How to use the Entralink to it's full potential. Plus, DSR will be covering Pokemon Games in LPs, so we can make use of those too (Thinking of making an LP board for everyone to link to their playlists.)
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:48 am »

Can we have different backgrounds on different boards maybe?
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 10:39:37 am »

I think that'd be pretty cool, like Pokeballs for the Pokemon Boards and Smileys for the Social :3
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 12:15:51 pm »

Do you mean the entire theme (currently it's just varying shades of green), or just the background? In either scenario, what do you guys think would look nice? I could definitely do this.

If you guys want other colors, which ones? If you guys want everything to be green still, I can use another shade of green to add images to the background, just let me know which images you'd all like Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 12:54:53 pm »

If we do that then I can't view any of it, and I've been around here for longer than most people. This is completely disregarding the 4700 posts I had on PPN, which was in the top 12 -___-
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 12:55:58 pm »

If we do that then I can't view any of it, and I've been around here for longer than most people. This is completely disregarding the 4700 posts I had on PPN, which was in the top 12 -___-
I'm thinking of boosting all the current members that don't already have 500, to 500.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 12:58:11 pm »

I'm thinking of boosting all the current members that don't already have 500, to 500.
Oh ok, thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 01:22:43 pm »

This has been proposed numerous times before, but seeing as we are a community of writers, artists and developers, wouldn't it be nice to create a collective X/Y Pokémon game? Not anything uber complicated. We could have a brainstorming session where ideas would be thrown in, then a To-do list could be generated, with the artworks needed, the songs/sounds needed (if anyone wants to try new stuff, who knows?), the scripts (dialogues) and the scripts (codes).
I got this idea from a French teacher who is programming games (3 per year) and who relies on the volunteer work of artists, writers and songwriters. It's a very productive way to proceed, and if someone wants to do just one sprite, it's fine, if they have the time and will to do more, then great! We have amazing spriters and incredible writers. The thing is that RPs and Spriting Contests are too... methodical for most, because they need us to be active all the time. We all know that being forced to do something makes it become a chore pretty fast. Sometimes we're inspired, sometimes we're not. That's how life goes. We have enough stress in our daily lives, I think.
I believe that such a project could only be beneficial to us. And it's something we can mention on our CV.
Report Spam   Logged
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 01:36:29 pm »

This has been proposed numerous times before, but seeing as we are a community of writers, artists and developers, wouldn't it be nice to create a collective X/Y Pokémon game? Not anything uber complicated. We could have a brainstorming session where ideas would be thrown in, then a To-do list could be generated, with the artworks needed, the songs/sounds needed (if anyone wants to try new stuff, who knows?), the scripts (dialogues) and the scripts (codes).
I got this idea from a French teacher who is programming games (3 per year) and who relies on the volunteer work of artists, writers and songwriters. It's a very productive way to proceed, and if someone wants to do just one sprite, it's fine, if they have the time and will to do more, then great! We have amazing spriters and incredible writers. The thing is that RPs and Spriting Contests are too... methodical for most, because they need us to be active all the time. We all know that being forced to do something makes it become a chore pretty fast. Sometimes we're inspired, sometimes we're not. That's how life goes. We have enough stress in our daily lives, I think.
I believe that such a project could only be beneficial to us. And it's something we can mention on our CV.
This is actually a pretty good idea, but it's a bit too ambitous for now.
If we make it site exclusive, then people will be more willing to check the site out and it will be a good attraction for us. But it's something we should do when we have more manpower.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 01:39:18 pm »

This is actually a pretty good idea, but it's a bit too ambitous for now.
If we make it site exclusive, then people will be more willing to check the site out and it will be a good attraction for us. But it's something we should do when we have more manpower.

Agreed. It couldn't hurt to kick the idea around though, see who's interested. We'll definitely keep it in mind. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 02:48:04 pm »

Sure.
I'm just afraid that if we start keeping everything in mind, we'll never have anything in action. We've been having so many ideas in the past, putting them aside for later. But 5 years later, they're long gone.

Magazine: Oh em gee, how many times have we started a magazine before... well not even a magazine, the only section we've ever managed to come up with was a section with "Best Spriter of the month", "Best RPer" etc.

Spriting contests: Been tried over and over again, the last time it worked was on PPN.

Wiki: We started it, never completed it.

Nuzlocke runs: It became a mere contest between older members, nobody joined the forum to play a Nuzlocke.

Debating club: We all know how it's going to end...

When things start becoming complex, it doesn't work anymore. But projects is what defines a community. PPN's project was to unity traders and batters, and so it did very well. As soon as that market decreased, the forum began to stall, and with a lack of things to do, we started fighting internally. If we start a project, no matter if it's small or big, and if it all compels us, we can amount to something.
Report Spam   Logged
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 02:49:29 pm »

I was saying when we get atleast 20 active members we do it. If you want you can start it, but it was just a sugestion to hold back on it for a little bit
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: