Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 12:34:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Discussion Topic

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Discussion Topic  (Read 4531 times)
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 11:48:49 am »

So we get 2 new characters from Fire Emblem: Lucina and Robin. Chrom is part of Robin's Final Smash it would seem.
Robin is available in both male and female version.
And Captain Falcon makes a comeback.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:56:36 am by Magoo » Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 01:18:17 pm »

why are we being spammed by fire emblem characters, isn't two enough lol, they all are too similar.  We don't even have Ganondorf revealed yet.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 03:21:29 am »

why are we being spammed by fire emblem characters, isn't two enough lol, they all are too similar.
NOE *slaps*
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 06:18:07 am »

why are we being spammed by fire emblem characters, isn't two enough lol, they all are too similar.  We don't even have Ganondorf revealed yet.

Worse than that... Where's Ness?
Though Robin seems different, Lucinda is clearly a Marth clone.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 09:31:54 am »

Worse than that... Where's Ness?
Though Robin seems different, Lucinda is clearly a Marth clone.
Yeah Ness represents a franchise.  We don't need another Marth clone (she even looks like gender-bent marth).  I want to see franchises represented, not over-represented Tongue  It's not like Fire Emblem is a big enough franchise to warrant so many players like with Mario.  Smash Bros needs to look at Nintendo history and choose famous stuff, not just advertise their latest games.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 02:54:13 pm »

Yeah Ness represents a franchise.  We don't need another Marth clone (she even looks like gender-bent marth).  I want to see franchises represented, not over-represented Tongue  It's not like Fire Emblem is a big enough franchise to warrant so many players like with Mario.  Smash Bros needs to look at Nintendo history and choose famous stuff, not just advertise their latest games.
Fire Emblem is very old, it has a place in Nintendo history.
Robin is new, Lucinda IS a Marth reskin, in FE: Awakening, she is disguised as Marth for half the game, so im quite sure shes a reskin. She doesn't even have a newcomer title on the website.

FE is very old and huge in Japan, so im fine with 3 characters and a reskin
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 07:09:13 pm »

Robin is new, Lucinda IS a Marth reskin, in FE: Awakening, she is disguised as Marth for half the game, so im quite sure shes a reskin. She doesn't even have a newcomer title on the website.

Sakurai confirmed she's a Marth clone.
She would have been a palette of Marth like with Robin M/F or Wii Fit Trainer M/F but her stats are a bit different. Seems like she'll be more balanced and easier to play than Marth. So he says.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 07:21:06 pm »

I get that's part of nintendo history, but not really big enough for 4 people.  She isn't just a re-skin, she's a separate playable character who is also clone character.  So really it's 4 characters, but with one being redundant, when somebody else from a different game could have been included.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 09:27:18 pm »

I get that's part of nintendo history, but not really big enough for 4 people.  She isn't just a re-skin, she's a separate playable character who is also clone character.  So really it's 4 characters, but with one being redundant, when somebody else from a different game could have been included.

I get what you mean there's like 7-8 Mario characters which is totally normal since it's Nintendo's flagship.
Then you have Pokemon that has a bunch of characters but that's legit since they all behave quite differently.
But having Fire Emblem with 4 characters is almost like placing it as 2nd or 3rd most important Nintendo franchise.
Zelda has Link, Toon Link, Zelda and maybe Ganondorf. Which makes it a total of 4. Same as Fire Emblem.
Not saying Fire Emblem isn't good or popular but to get 4 characters in Smash? It's odd.

Plus, in early development, Sakurai said he didn't want to make clones in this installment.
Yet he goes and present Lucina and then says she's a clone of Marth.
Plus, even before that, he was saying he wanted quality over quantity saying there wouldn't be too many newcomers...

Tbh though, I don't mind Lucina. It's nice to have more Female characters.
Also, I may use her because I absolutely love Marth but I suck with him. So if she's essentially the same but easier to handle, she may go up my list.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 03:14:54 am »

Also, I may use her because I absolutely love Marth but I suck with him.
Abuse that side B whenever a situation calls for a quick side attack, unless a smash side attack is more appropriate.

That side B is so spammable and great at racking up damage @_@
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 06:12:01 am »

Abuse that side B whenever a situation calls for a quick side attack, unless a smash side attack is more appropriate.

That side B is so spammable and great at racking up damage @_@

I suck with the timing.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 07:14:28 am »

I suck with the timing.
Practice makes perfect, my dear~

Ah these fire emblem posts are making me want to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening

I played Radiant Dawn on Wii and it was great!! <3 <3 <3
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 06:05:06 pm »

Practice makes perfect, my dear~

Ah these fire emblem posts are making me want to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening

I played Radiant Dawn on Wii and it was great!! <3 <3 <3

Yeah right.
I bought Smash at release and been playing it ever since and I haven't gotten much better. A little better but anyways, I'm a lost cause. XD
I did get worse lately. Due to the fact we transferred Smash' data from the Wii to the WiiU and the WiiU doesn't support GameCube controllers. Yet.

I don't really like Fire Emblem.
I tried one on GBA or DS. Can't remember. Many tactics much encounters so hard.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 02:20:22 am »

Yeah right.
I bought Smash at release and been playing it ever since and I haven't gotten much better. A little better but anyways, I'm a lost cause. XD
I did get worse lately. Due to the fact we transferred Smash' data from the Wii to the WiiU and the WiiU doesn't support GameCube controllers. Yet.

I don't really like Fire Emblem.
I tried one on GBA or DS. Can't remember. Many tactics much encounters so hard.
I'm pretty confident in brawl, I almost always win against irl people

When I played against Sakashi online though, it was like 50/50 win/loss and each time it was really close

Also admittedly when I played Radiant Dawn I selected the Easy difficulty and never replayed it on a harder difficulty, but if I buy the new Fire Emblem game I'm definitely starting it on Normal difficulty :3

Edit: Looked it up, apparently Awakening's difficulties are Normal, Hard and Lunatic, so like, the new Normal is the old Easy, so my first playthrough of Awakening if I get it, shall be on Hard

And there's two 'types' of difficulties; Casual, where permadeath doesn't exist, and Classic, where there's permadeath. Definitely choosing Classic :3
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:35:40 am by Cool Fluttershy Miku » Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 06:51:45 am »

Edit: Looked it up, apparently Awakening's difficulties are Normal, Hard and Lunatic, so like, the new Normal is the old Easy, so my first playthrough of Awakening if I get it, shall be on Hard

And there's two 'types' of difficulties; Casual, where permadeath doesn't exist, and Classic, where there's permadeath. Definitely choosing Classic :3

Cool. I hate permadeath.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: