Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:14:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Shiny Hunting in X and Y (6 possible ways to find shinies)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Shiny Hunting in X and Y (6 possible ways to find shinies)  (Read 2460 times)
Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2013, 01:22:25 pm »

It seems like Game Freak made shinies way easier to get, thankfully. I think the shiny rate was increased, although this is not yet confirmed. Also there are new ways to hunt for shinies and I shall briefly list them here!

1. PokeRadar
The PokeRadar works the same as it did in Gen 4, it seems. Not sure if there are any differences. Get a chain of 40 and reset the radar until you get a shiny patch. For a tutorial, Cpctheman on Reddit has compiled it well here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1ot6ex/chaining_tutorial/

2. Hordes
Hordes are a new feature in gen 6 where you can find 5 Pokemon at once, usually of the same species, but sometimes mixed. Curiously, I have even found that hordes of Seviper and Zangoose attack each other. Pretty neat. Anyway, since you encounter 5 Pokemon all at once in hordes, the chances of getting a shiny are multiplied by 5. Get a Pokemon with Sweet Scent (Combee, Oddish, etc) or honey, and keep triggering hordes in any patch of grass or flowers. With a much much higher shiny rate, you should find a shiny with some patience!

3. Fishing Chains
A fisherman in the Fishing Shack on Route 16 where you get the Super Rod says this: "This is just a rumor, but word is that you can catch some rare Pokemon through consecutive fishing!" I immediately presumed that this was a new way to obtain shinies. And this morning, my suspicions were confirmed when my friend showed me this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67566852?page=0
The shiny encounters seem to start at chain 30, but that's just my assumption. The user in the link above got 2 shiny Dragalge's in two chains of 30-40. Make sure to fish in a spot with lots of rocks, as that seems to be ideal. I'm not sure if this means rocks underwater or rocks above water, but he recommended a spot south of Ambrette Town, in front of the rock that doesn't let you proceed further. In addition, the Suction Cups ability increases the chance of finding things while fishing. It's unclear if that affects shiny encounter rates, but it doesn't hurt to do that as well.

4. Trade
It seems that traded Pokemon can now TURN shiny. It works on Wonder Trade as well. This IS confirmed.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1ow9m9/swirlix_was_not_shiny_before_being_traded_to_me/
Edit: Ironically, I got a shiny Scyther in Wonder Trade not even 10 minutes after finding this out!

5. Friend Safari
I have seen lots and lots of shinies captured in the safari. Always level 30, sometimes with hidden abilities. This leads me to believe that shiny rates are somehow increased in the safari. Many others share similar suspicions. This, however, cannot be proven at the moment; but it is supported by the overwhelming amount of shinies found in the safari.

6. Masuda Method
Breeding two Pokemon from different countries together has a high chance of getting you a shiny. One of the Pokemon must be foreign to your game. The chances are about 1/1638.

7. Tipping (Rumor)
This is purely a rumor at the moment, so it may turn out to not be true at all. Some say that tipping may increase shiny encounter rates. I do tip $1,000 every chance I get, if I have money, and I did find a shiny Wartortle in Friend Safari. Now this could be pure luck, but it's worth a mention.

Good luck in your hunt!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:20:34 am by Silver » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »

oooh I may try the fishing thing.  May be easier than the pokeradar as I was terrible at that xD
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 01:31:42 pm »

oooh I may try the fishing thing.  May be easier than the pokeradar as I was terrible at that xD
Yeah, I seem to suck at chaining. Fishing seems easier since all you need to do is not miss the timing. Though the selection of Pokemon is more limited.
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 01:41:37 pm »

Yeah, I seem to suck at chaining. Fishing seems easier since all you need to do is not miss the timing. Though the selection of Pokemon is more limited.
yeah
though any shiny of a kalos mon like skrelp would be a fun thing to just have since it's for new stuff Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 01:44:11 pm »

yeah
though any shiny of a kalos mon like skrelp would be a fun thing to just have since it's for new stuff Smiley
Indeed! I'm excited to see what the new shinies look like. And also to see how the old shinies look with the redesigned graphics.

Silver, AiraVansalon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, Majestic and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Woah, that's a LOT for Ludi. Pretty awesome. :3
Report Spam   Logged
Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 01:46:34 pm »

I found a shiny Mime Jr. earlier on in my game.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 01:52:18 pm »

I've yet to even see a shiny, haha . Oh well- does anyone know where the people who recite poems stay? I want to test rhe rumor.
Report Spam   Logged

Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 02:01:52 pm »

I've yet to even see a shiny, haha . Oh well- does anyone know where the people who recite poems stay? I want to test rhe rumor.
They're scattered, but there seem to be a lot in the Lumiose Cafes. Lots of tipping opportunities there.
Report Spam   Logged
Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 02:55:27 pm »

Pokemon can now TURN shiny in trades.
Report Spam   Logged
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:30 pm »

Pokemon can now TURN shiny in trades.
What?!
Report Spam   Logged

Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 03:18:15 pm »

What?!
Check the link in the OP. I also got a shiny Scyther in trade just now. This is awesome news!
Report Spam   Logged
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:26 pm »

Some digging has made be believe in the existence of something called a "Shiny Pin" or something to that effect. A consumable that when held by a Pokemon being traded, will assure that it turns shiny when traded. Assuming this item exists, and that it is actually called the Shiny Pin, the question now is, where do you get them.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:58 pm »

oh wow that's crazy about the whole trade thing

I wonder if people can trade back and forth to exploit it xD
Report Spam   Logged

Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 04:24:21 pm »

Some digging has made be believe in the existence of something called a "Shiny Pin" or something to that effect. A consumable that when held by a Pokemon being traded, will assure that it turns shiny when traded. Assuming this item exists, and that it is actually called the Shiny Pin, the question now is, where do you get them.
What makes you think so? I'd really like to know the mechanics to all these methods.
Report Spam   Logged
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 04:40:36 pm »

What makes you think so? I'd really like to know the mechanics to all these methods.
People have been discussing it. Like I said, it might not exits, but it is a rumor.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: