Ludicom
April 18, 2024, 11:28:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Can someone please suggest a fun MMO for me to try?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone please suggest a fun MMO for me to try?  (Read 1111 times)
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:24:41 am »

I've tried League of Legends, Team Fortress 2, Spiral Knights, Legend of Edda, Dragon Nest, Atlantica Online, Eden Eternal and started trying Ragnarok Online 2... but so far, it's the totally generic "click-on-monsters-and-use-skills" "accept-quest-hand-in-and-get-another-quest" idea which I am sooo bored of, so I probably won't be 'playing' it.

I need some MMO thats different from the other MMOs, in a fun, cool way. Spiral Knights involved actually like, swinging your sword and dropping bombs and such, and properly evading enemy attacks, but there wasn't nearly enough content and the servers are terrible. Team Fortress 2 is a nice FPS MMO but I'm not looking for FPS. I can't seem to find an MMO that I'll like..
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:34:37 am »

Wouldn't really consider TF2 and MMO (by that logic, Halo 3 is an MMO Tongue)

I would suggest DC Universe Online, that's free to play, has some interesting combat/quest systems, and full voice acting (although because of this, it takes up like 20 Gigabytes).

But if you don't like that (I have a feeling you would, though), I do remember playing a somewhat decent Third Person Shooter/MMO hybrid that involved jetpacks on steam, and that was free to play (it was one of the first free to play games on steam, actually).  But if I recall, it was badly optimized, laggy, difficult to control, and pay to win.  I do remember having some fun on it, though.

There's also Star Trek Online, but I have a feeling you won't like it (considering it's mostly technical ship combat and Star Trek fanservice).

So yeah, best recommendation is to DC Universe Online, if you have good enough download speed, enough storage space for it, and a decent enough PC to run it on at least low settings, it's quite good.

Edit: Also, I think this belongs in the Gaming board.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 06:54:54 am »

I remember having a decent time playing Pirates online. It was an MMO run by Disney based on the Pirates of the Caribbean series, featuring realistic naval combat whenever you were at sea. The melee was involved if I remember correctly and the gun shooting had actual aiming.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »

I remember having a decent time playing Pirates online. It was an MMO run by Disney based on the Pirates of the Caribbean series, featuring realistic naval combat whenever you were at sea. The melee was involved if I remember correctly and the gun shooting had actual aiming.
>MMO run by Disney

not sure..
Report Spam   Logged
Rucrue
Stone Cold Cuddler
Swift Swimmer

You can call me Rushy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 10:35:18 pm »

I kinda agree with DC Universe online, I just couldn't personally stay hooked in to any of the stories I tried. If you want a MMO that is very story based and has voicing for almost everything I might suggest SWTOR.

I like SWTOR since it is free now, but if you are a F2P member you gain exp at a reduced rate which means you spend a lot more time grinding to catch up on the levels you need to be able to complete the next quest. The main reason I dropped off on SWTOR is that my computer has enough problems running it, plus the grind is really annoying for me since I have no friends to play with.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln
You can't just beat the other guy. You have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again.

That day...there shall be...cuddles..
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 08:42:31 pm »

Marvel Heroes
It's way better than DC Universe.
It's like Diablo 2.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »

Marvel Heroes
It's way better than DC Universe.
It's like Diablo 2.
To be fair, that's a completely different gameplay style from DCUO, so it's all up to opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china

*Learning to Draw*
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 09:40:50 pm »

To be fair, that's a completely different gameplay style from DCUO, so it's all up to opinion.

I know.
But the thing is that I'm not really fond of the Diablo style yet I loved Marvel Heroes.
But it might be because I played Champions Online before DCU and it tired me so that I didn't like DCU as much.
I liked playing actual heroes too in Marvel Heroes instead of a custom made one like Champions or DCU.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 09:48:10 pm »

I know.
But the thing is that I'm not really fond of the Diablo style yet I loved Marvel Heroes.
But it might be because I played Champions Online before DCU and it tired me so that I didn't like DCU as much.
I liked playing actual heroes too in Marvel Heroes instead of a custom made one like Champions or DCU.
I don't know why, but I really didn't like Champions Online as much as DCUO.  May have been because the game was leaning slightly more to P2W than DCUO.
Also, I was banned because I said "fuck" in the chat when someone kept spawn killing me while doing the Halloween werewolf quest, because in order to do the Werewolf PVE quest, you need to join the werewolf PVP group, making you a target to all non-werewolf players (and werewolves were horribly underpowered compared to werewolf hunters), while the werewolf hunter PVE quests didn't make you PVP.  The funny thing is, the chat had a censor, so all anyone saw was "Stop &@*%ing spawn killing me," but someone still reported me for it...  Well, that was just a bad gameplay experience that hopefully nobody else will have to endure xD

Also, I'm the opposite about who I play as.  I much prefer to make my own unique character than be one from a list that everyone else gets.
Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 10:43:51 pm »

I don't know why, but I really didn't like Champions Online as much as DCUO.  May have been because the game was leaning slightly more to P2W than DCUO.
Also, I was banned because I said "fuck" in the chat when someone kept spawn killing me while doing the Halloween werewolf quest, because in order to do the Werewolf PVE quest, you need to join the werewolf PVP group, making you a target to all non-werewolf players (and werewolves were horribly underpowered compared to werewolf hunters), while the werewolf hunter PVE quests didn't make you PVP.  The funny thing is, the chat had a censor, so all anyone saw was "Stop &@*%ing spawn killing me," but someone still reported me for it...  Well, that was just a bad gameplay experience that hopefully nobody else will have to endure xD

Also, I'm the opposite about who I play as.  I much prefer to make my own unique character than be one from a list that everyone else gets.

Champions felt incomplete.
But it tired me and since it's a rip-off of DCU, when I went on DCU I was already sick of it.
I think that's what happened.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Ludicolo Expert

Main FC: 1590-5372-2460

Pikachu Boy!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 03:38:55 am »

Path of Exile and Rift were recently released as Free2Play on steam. I've played a bit of PoE and it seems to be similar to diablo, but it's free to play so you can't go wrong.

If you have the money you can't go wrong with World of Warcraft.

Look at the MMO/F2P section on steam, they are releasing a ton of F2P games that are very fun.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 09:13:38 am »

Path of Exile and Rift were recently released as Free2Play on steam. I've played a bit of PoE and it seems to be similar to diablo, but it's free to play so you can't go wrong.

Look at the MMO/F2P section on steam, they are releasing a ton of F2P games that are very fun.
Have to disagree. WoW is famous for eating people's lives. Granted, most MMOs are, but WoW is synonymous for it. Besides, the what, 30 dollar a month subscription gets ridiculous.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 09:14:53 am »

WoW is boring. It does exactly the same thing as other Free MMORPGs but makes you pay for it.
PoE is great~
I still like Marvel Heroes more though.
But the Skill Tree in PoE is what's really amazing about it~
I didn't try Rift but isn't that game like really old?
And I saw they were still selling the hard copies at FutureSHop and EB Games lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Rucrue
Stone Cold Cuddler
Swift Swimmer

You can call me Rushy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 01:45:22 pm »

I think we are all forgetting one of the things that makes any MMO really fun though is playing. working with, and competing with your friends through the game. Honestly I played runescape for years at one point in my life just because me and my friend kept playing together. I think we can all agree, runescape losses it's fun very fast, but that simple change kept me at it for about 2+ years.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln
You can't just beat the other guy. You have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again.

That day...there shall be...cuddles..
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 02:49:23 pm »

I think we are all forgetting one of the things that makes any MMO really fun though is playing. working with, and competing with your friends through the game. Honestly I played runescape for years at one point in my life just because me and my friend kept playing together. I think we can all agree, runescape losses it's fun very fast, but that simple change kept me at it for about 2+ years.
i hate mmos but i agree with this
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: