Ludicom
April 16, 2024, 06:49:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Convince Me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Convince Me.  (Read 359 times)
Sato
'Coolest' Guy in the Gem Cities
Sapphire Collector

'Ice' To Meet You

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2013, 01:51:04 pm »

I don't particularly like Black and White, although the sequels are a bit better. I've tried to play through both Gen 4 and Gen 3 again, but I get about an hour or two in and then just stop. I feel like my love of this series is waning, so can anyone give me some solid reasons why I should get X or Y? I've not seen anything particularly impressive so far...
Report Spam   Logged

Please someone make me a new sig oh god it's awful.

You will have my children.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:13:03 pm »

I agree, I absolutely hated BW, turned me away from pokemon for a while.

But playing X, I haven't been this interested in the gameplay since my first pokemon game (being Pearl).  There's something nostalgic about it.  A lot of people are saying that it reminds them of Gen 1, but it really reminds me of Gen 4, so it really may be a nostalgia thing.

Can't really think of a way to describe it, but I can say that I felt the same about Gen 5 and I am thoroughly enjoying Gen 6.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 02:35:50 pm »

XY is a really fun game, lots of new experiences that renew your love for the series.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 02:41:36 pm »

I don't particularly like Black and White, although the sequels are a bit better. I've tried to play through both Gen 4 and Gen 3 again, but I get about an hour or two in and then just stop. I feel like my love of this series is waning, so can anyone give me some solid reasons why I should get X or Y? I've not seen anything particularly impressive so far...
B/W was just more pokemon.
More of the same game you've been playing forever.

X and Y is complete and utter refresh, bringing charm I haven't felt since Gen IV.

Honestly I only played through Black once, and Black 2 once. It wasn't worth replaying. But this game is, it's just so fun.
It makes you feel like a child again, and I love it!
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 03:28:15 pm »

I don't really agree with the comments about Generation 5, I thought it was good, but XY are great to get you back into the game since it is very nostalgic. There are lots of references to past games too, so this game seems to be designed to bring people back into playing Tongue

Also, we can battle if you get it xD
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »

It has some of the best dialogue.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
zoroarkrules25
Lotad Student

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 07:43:48 pm »

I second Atomica's post, the npcs say some very funny things. There is also a great feel to it, it makes me think they combined gen 1 and 2 together to create an amazing game. The new gameplay is always exciting and never gets boring. It's worth buying in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Master
Protagonist
Ludicolo Expert

Effeminate pansy with no social skills

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:06:20 pm »

No.
Sounds like your mind is already set.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Ludicolo Expert

Main FC: 1590-5372-2460

Pikachu Boy!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 11:30:31 pm »

I'm in the same boat as you, except I went and got it on release date, and only played an hour or two at  a time and stopped (played a few hours in total), but I took a break because of exams. Now I can't get back into it. Nothing no one can tell you whether to buy it or not, its your final judgement in the end, if you gut says no, I'd go with your gut to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: