Ludicom
April 18, 2024, 12:40:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WARLORDS: Registration Begins Here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: WARLORDS: Registration Begins Here  (Read 5160 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 03:13:47 pm »

I'm fine with Mega Evolving if we make it more Warlords-ey. So, instead of a Mega Ring, some other explanation. It's either that, or don't even have it.
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 03:17:08 pm »

Any ideas? Maybe a religious thing? Hmmm...
Report Spam   Logged

Would it be wrong to make my sig, "The King is back!"?
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 03:20:28 pm »

Well, the Mega Stone needs to be a thing just because it's a hold item, but rather than a Mega Ring, maybe it's a reason for only WarLORDS to be able to Mega Evolve. An unspoken rite passed on from leader to leader. And so if you have say, a right hand man in any nation, they can't use ME at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 03:28:18 pm »

That works.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 07:40:29 pm »

Going out of my way to get a Gen VI outfit for Kien. Nobody else has to, but I am.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 10:27:39 am »

For the record, a Legit Pokemon was bred and raised by hand, while a legal Pokemon was synthetically made but still within the guidelines. Even though they don't work for gen 6 yet, you can easily make gen 5 and older pokemon with a Pokemon Generator and then send it over once Bank is out. We are waiting on Bank, right?
You can't send them over via Bank because it has a block in place to prevent Pokémon made by something like PokeSav from being transferred.

Also, a couple of questions....

1) What is the actual plot? I take it we go around fighting each other, but is it some type of war or something?
2) Do we need to use the countries that you've posted, or can we make our own? For example people from Blazi only use fire types, so that would mean I would not be able to use any none-fire types if I chose to control that region, right?

This RP does look very good, but I don't really like the idea of having Pokémon and Country restrictions. If you can make your own then that's great, but I don't really want to be forced to use a specific set of Pokémon, as in I think I'd enjoy it a lot more if we can use a mix of Pokémon types if we choose to.
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 11:26:59 am »

I haven't revealed the actual plot yet. I will be posting more teasers as time passes, but the main plot itself has yet to be revealed.

If you want, you can design a country/region and the pokemon that go along with it, I'd be happy to work with you. What kind of region/type did you have in mind?
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 01:23:03 pm »

Country restrictions are there to make it more realistic- and I personally find them fun. Most countries have access to 1-3 types, and maybe Pokemon that'd fit in (for example, Navihielo, my country, is mostly ice types, but there are some water types that fit in better in cold climates, tundra stalkers like Absol, and some Pokemon that you'd find in/around mines). The idea is to make the best out of that limited assortment!

It also encourages alliances, and makes battles a bit more interesting. As someone who can speak from experience, yes, it is possible to overcome a nation you have a weakness to if you play your cards right. You just need to plan your team well and play the best you can!
Report Spam   Logged

Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

I love the restrictions. It will make each character's team more thematic and fitting in the story. I also think that mega evolutions can be quite dramatic and fitting. It would be cool if each character had one Mega in their team, although I definitely wouldn't make it mandatory. I just feel like a companion/main Pokemon partner is a cool idea for RPs.

Also, since my main types are grass, normal, and bug, could I use other Pokemon that would fit into my region? The Pokemon I am thinking of specifically is Florges. Jay says it's alright, but I want to get everyone else's opinion.

Also, we discussed that we're allowing 8 Pokemon per character. 6 per team, obviously, and 2 subs that you can switch in and out each battle depending on who you're facing.
Report Spam   Logged
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 05:49:17 pm »

I love the restrictions. It will make each character's team more thematic and fitting in the story. I also think that mega evolutions can be quite dramatic and fitting. It would be cool if each character had one Mega in their team, although I definitely wouldn't make it mandatory. I just feel like a companion/main Pokemon partner is a cool idea for RPs.

Also, since my main types are grass, normal, and bug, could I use other Pokemon that would fit into my region? The Pokemon I am thinking of specifically is Florges. Jay says it's alright, but I want to get everyone else's opinion.

Also, we discussed that we're allowing 8 Pokemon per character. 6 per team, obviously, and 2 subs that you can switch in and out each battle depending on who you're facing.

I think that'd be fine, it makes sense.

And yeah, I wouldn't see any issue with that. If you were a lord, I mean, you'd be likely to own more than 6.
Report Spam   Logged

Silver
Ludicolo Expert

0774-4496-6815

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 06:01:37 pm »

It's a good point. I don't actually see the point of restricting the number of pokemon you can use. If you train it and it fits, go for it.

-Jay
Report Spam   Logged
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »

The restrictions add purpose to nations. A Torterra would never live in Navihielo for example. With a limited pallet of types, you have to think more about strategy and synergy. You can still win when you have a disadvantage if you're smart (Glacia's victory in Legenda for example). It's kinda like in Conquest where Pokemon are clearly accustomed to certain environments and they wouldn't live in a place that was uninhabitable to them. Your types fit your nation.

Example, A highly urbanized nation would have steel and normal types, but if it also had parks in it, it could feature grass types as well.

Also, you can always facilitate with dual types and certain caviats. For example, Navihielo is home of deadly blizzards, so Absol can appear there. Agi Zeronia is a desert, so it's not unlikely for a Maractus, Sigilyph, Darmaniten, or Cacturn to show up.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 07:56:54 pm »

You can't send them over via Bank because it has a block in place to prevent Pokémon made by something like PokeSav from being transferred.
Also, we'll see how well that works out. I worst case, I'll breed my Pokemon that I gen and make the Pokemon legit, but Nintendo's tried this before. It hasn't worked yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 10:44:21 pm »

Terraria

Just realized this thanks to Richie.
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 10:59:28 pm »

Just noticed what?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: