Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 02:50:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Van Buren: A Fallout Role Play

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Van Buren: A Fallout Role Play  (Read 5041 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »

The United States are in ruins. Nearly two hundred years have passed since the Nuclear Destruction of the great war, and mankind still struggles to live on. The Ruins of Denver are no better off, political disputes crossing with the ever existing strive for survival and resources have caused the New California Republic, or NCR, to enter war with the Brotherhood of Steel over the technology that remains ever present in the once mighty city. And while presently, battles are sparse and the damages are minimal, the two forces possess power that could easily lead to another tragedy, albeit a smaller one. With much of the actual city unsafe to traverse in, settlements, encampments, and other such places have come to exits outside the bulk of the city in it's former suburbs, and while most of the original structures were wiped off the map, those that remained made great homes and refuges for the new societies.

Presently, both sides are at a temporary cease fire, but with Caesar's Legion looming in the east on it's slow conquest of the country, it's only a matter of time before tensions grow again. In the mean time, a surprisingly successful city has formed along the south side of Denver known as Mihi in the remnants of Denver's Mile High Stadium.

+++

Kethan walked into Mihi, rusted, barely functional Power Armor still on his body. With nowhere else to go after being exiled from the Brotherhood, he came here to try and find a new life. At least there was diversity.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »

A woman rounded what used to be a street corner, blood dripping down her arm. Her name is Dustcloud, or Dusty as she preferred, and she's in rough shape. A dog had bit her and with the small scuffle that had ensued, she ended up attracting a small pack of vicious dogs. She quickly opened an intact door to what looked like a corner store, and slammed it shut behind herself. She heard a dog run into the door, but it stayed intact, and soon the noises of the pack quieted. She sighed and began to survey the store.

It's medium in size, and appears to be well stocked. Someone likely lives here, or owns a store here, or something to that effect. She had a handful of caps, and wasn't about to go looking for trouble. She picked up some basic supplies- a new outfit- some doctor's fatigues, if she had to guess, a lone laser pistol with some ammo, some food and water, and a stimpak. She set down the caps she had and got behind a shelf, and changed out of her current clothes and into the new ones. Her old clothes were mere rags, with a red "X" across the chest. It was too... Identifying. I'm honestly surprised that I've made it a full 15 hours without being captured. Or dead, with these damn dogs.... Dusty thought to herself. She loaded the laser pistol with the reminder of those dogs. They were likely still worked up, to some extent and she wanted to be prepared. She peered out the window of the door and could see three dogs, waiting outside silently.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 05:39:46 pm »

Jagar dismounted the makeshift elevator, having arrived at a scavengers' settlement; located in and between the top floors of two neighboring skyscrapers.

"We're just getting supplies," Jagar said to his dog, Mezz, "Then we'll head right back."

Mezz, nervous from the precarious location, whined and nudged Jagar.

"I know girl, but believe it or not, we're safer up here," he responded.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 06:04:13 pm »

Dusty opened the door just a crack. The dog's heads all snapped towards the door. She fired a shot, hitting the dog in the head before it even had a chance to fully notice her. It turned into ash. She fired several more shots out the crack of the door, and the remaining two dogs fell without much threat. She breathed a sigh of relief before looking around and quickly jogging down the street. It was barren- obviously overrun by the dogs. She saw a large wall that was clearly reinforced recently. She had no idea what it was, but it was brightly lit and smelled wonderful. She slowly moved along the wall, her weapon drawn. She was still wary of those dogs.

"Hold it." A man in combat armor holding an assault rifle raised his weapon slightly. "Lower your weapon, missy. What's your business in Mihi?"

"Mihi? I'm... I'm a traveler." Vague is better...

"If you cause trouble, you will be removed by force. But you seem alright. Okay, you can go in."

"Um, one question, sir... Are there any dogs in there...?"

"None that aren't trained or dead." The man laughed a bit when he saw Dusty's eyes light up as she hurried inside. She'd never seen so many bright lights in her life. She'd lived her childhood wandering the wastes from town to town, far away from Mihi, with her parents, until they were taken by Caesar's Legion around the time she had turned 16. She'd been with them ever since, as a slave, and now is her first taste of freedom.

"Centurion Adolphus is furious, I'm sure..." She said this under her breath. Dusty hadn't thought to ask if this was a Caesar's Legion owned area or not, and now she was paranoid. She glanced around, a cold sweat forming.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 06:15:16 pm »

Kethan started to make his way about in Mihi, when he spotted some blood on the ground. Curiosity caused him to follow the trail to a woman in a medic's outfit, with an obvious wound on her arm. Irony if he had ever saw it.

"You might want to get that treated. That doesn't exactly look sterile. If you need, I think I have some alcohol on me you can use to disinfect it."

Kethan then took off his Backpack. it was mostly empty because he was striped of his heavier weaponry when kicked out of the Brotherhood. Now all that lay inside it was a few doses of smuggled Hydra, some Vodka, and a crummy .32 pistol they gave him so he wouldn't die at the first thing that tried to steal his armor.

"Sorry I can't offer much more. The name's Kethan by the way."
Report Spam   Logged

AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 06:53:27 pm »

Not far from the passage through which Jagar had entered, a young woman leaned against the wall. She had long, curly auburn hair tied in a ponytail, and hazel eyes. Her expression was severely neutral, betraying no emotion. Her clothing was simple and practical, a partially torn white long-sleeved shirt, patched jeans, and a satchel strung across her torso. She wore a holstered plasma pistol at her belt, and, although it was unseen, kept a knife in her sleeve.

Erin Havenheart would have put her hand on her pistol when the man and a dog entered, wary of any dogs in this bedeviled area, but it was already there. She always had a weapon at hand, even when unarmed. Besides being a dead shot with energy based pistols and a competent knife fighter, she was an expert at hand to hand, dangerous as it was against the rabid beasts of the Wasteland and foes armed with melee weapons and firearms.

The girl herself didn't know why she had come to the settlement; it wasn't like she wasn't well supplied. She was simply a wanderer, going wherever whim took her, regardless of potential danger. She had recently arrived in Denver, and soon after had taken to the settlements on the rooftops. The wild dogs were attracted to her for some reason, and constantly having to fight them off was troublesome, easy as it was.
And so here she was, unperturbed despite the odd looks she received. Erin tended to attract attention, and rarely of the good kind. She was a teenager traveling alone in some of the most dangerous settlements in the Wasteland, so people tended to notice her.

And speaking of being noticed...

A burly, unshaven man was walking toward her, somewhat menacingly. The girl watched him approach, her expression or stance not changing. When he was a few feet away from her, he said. "That's an awfully nice pistol ya have there. Ya shouldn't be carrying it so openly. Someone is bound to take it from you." Erin just stared up at him silently, after an brief moment, the man continued. "Someone like m-Oof!" As soon as she knew his intentions, which she had suspected anyway, the girl struck, lashing out and elbowing him in the stomach before he could finish his sentence. As he staggered and almost doubled over, she brought her fist up and smashed him in the jaw. Before he could react to her sudden attack, she continued by cracking both her fists over his head, and he toppled. Erin drew her pistol as two more men approached her with angry expressions. Taking one by surprise and clobbering him was child's play, but two who were aware she would attack would be more difficult, so she may need a weapon.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:00:31 pm by AiraVansalon » Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

[6:11:43 PM] Dark Angel: Can I trade you Viasa now Daniel?
[6:14:02 PM] Dark Angel: Hello?
[6:14:12 PM] Vansy: h-*shot*
[6:14:41 PM] Dark Angel: Ah man. Another corpse...
[6:14:53 PM] Vansy: corpse? where?
[6:14:55 PM] Vansy: I want to see D:
[6:15:02 PM] Dark Angel: Where's my shovel?
[6:15:14 PM] Dark Angel: Oh, I thought you died.
[6:15:29 PM] Vansy: so there isn't a corpse?
[6:15:30 PM] Vansy: daww
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 06:56:54 pm »

Entering the western office complex, Jagar arrived at what seemed to be a pub.

Standing at the bar, which was really just a line of desks raised by packets of copy paper, he attempted to read the menu; poorly scrawled onto an array of small chalk boards hanging from the ceiling.

"I'm going to need to see some ID if you expect me to serve you," an old ghoul, working the bar, said.

Jagar looked at the ghoul in confusion, "ID?..."

The ghoul laughed as he grabbed a shot glass, "It's an old pre-war joke.  Well, at least I think it was a joke, my memory's a bit foggy of back then...  So, what'll it be?"

"Do you have anything to eat other than dog?" Jagar asked.

"Well I don't know, does the butcher have anything to eat other than meat?" the ghoul laughed.

The bartender, after he finished his chuckle, noticed Jagar's grimace and then the Hangdog tattoo on the back of his hand.

"Ah, you're one of those tribals," he said, "Which means you probably didn't find my joke very funny..."

Jagar kneeled down to Mezz and scratched her ears, keeping his eyes locked on the bartender.

"I think we have some of those frozen steaks in the back room..." the bartender finished, backing through a doorway behind the "counter."
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 07:09:15 pm »

"I..." Dusty would have made a snide comment about how she knew she needed to be treated, but stopped herself, figuring that being hostile was not a good way to make friends. "Thank you... Kethan, you said it was? My name is Dusty." She frowned a bit. "It looks like you don't have much to your name either, huh...? But you're wearing Brotherhood of Steel power armor." She had picked up the vodka from his bag and poured some over the bite before covering it again. She screwed the cap back on- there was still vodka left, after all.

"I know that it's not much, but... well, you don't have much in the way of weaponry on you, and I was wondering if you'd like some company. I'm not too familiar with the area, but I'm sure that I could be of some help to you." Dusty had no idea how to approach this. The past eight years, she was only allowed to speak when spoken to. She shifted nervously.

---------------

Near the Legion of Caesar encampment, posters were being put up in the city. All the posters offered a significant reward in return for the return of a slave. Dustcloud's face was printed on each one.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 07:17:42 pm »

"Oh, yeah, the armor. The stuff doesn't come off too easy, and given the fact that when the booted me, there wasn't much in the way of spare supplies lying around, they just let me keep it. Took my My Minigun though. As for the company offer, well, I'm gonna guess that you and I both are new to this place and having friends is important. So that sounds alright to me." Kethan held his hand out so Dusty could shake it, his fingers twitching a bit, a side effect of his Hydra abuse.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 07:39:40 pm »

"Oh, I see." Dusty decided not to ask about why he was kicked out, but she could see his twitching. There had been quite a bit of Hydra in his bag... She'd made enough Hydra to know its side effects. She decided not to judge him and shook his hand. Though contemplating what he might be up to definitely reminded her that she hadn't had her fix all day. Her head was killing her at this point. She reached into the small hip bag she had and popped open a small tin with "Mentats" boldly engraved. She picked one up and chewed it, and the headache instantly cleared itself. She'd been punished enough for having Mentats, but she always found someone willing to smuggle some to her for in return for some of her homemade medicine. Her job had been to treat the injured, so she had access to the supplies to make all sorts of things. Heck, maybe that gives us something in common. Much more comfortable, she put the tin away and seemed to think a moment.

"What should we do? We definitely need to get some supplies, but I'm guessing you're short on caps too. So should we try and earn some?" Dusty knew that they wouldn't get far without at least a little money.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »

"Hadn't really thought that far ahead. I guess all I really am good for is Merc Work or scavenging. Maybe getting hired as a bodyguard is a possibility too..." That was the one thing Kethan hadn't thought about. He barely had a cap to his name given the price of smuggling.

"Tell you what, for now, how about you lead, and I follow."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 08:06:34 pm »

"Well..." Dusty looked disappointed. "I'm not sure. If we can scavenge a little, I could make some valuable stuff to sell. Or keep, our choice I guess. I'd really like to hunt down some venom or some flowers. If we get enough, we could trade what I make for ammo. Always better to have extra, right?" She was going over recipes in her mind. Broc flowers and xander roots produce stimpaks. If we can get some of those, that'd be ideal... "You probably know the area better than me, though. Where should we start?"
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 08:15:25 pm »

As the bar-tending ghoul wandered into the back room, Mezz's ears twitched at the sound of a struggle coming from the entrance.

Jagar also noticed the incident when Mezz turned her head.  He walked to the archway with his hand hovering over the grip to his Zip-Gun.

Peeking around the corner, he saw two large men threatening a young woman.

Without thinking, he drew the pistol and frantically changed aim between the two multiple times.

"St-  Stop right there!" he yelled with Mezz standing behind him, growling.

Seeing the unconscious thug by the girl's feet, and the two others aggressively looking back at him, Jagar slowly started to regret this decision...
Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*
AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 08:31:01 pm »

Erin didn't stop to look at the man who had suddenly pulled his gun on her aggressors. He had distracted them, and the girl was trained to capitalize on distracted opponents. She took a few quick steps forward as the thugs turned their heads toward the man and his dog, lashing out with her foot. She caught the one on the left in the side of the head, and he cried out and fell to his knees, clutching his cranium. Erin followed up her attack, bringing her knee up into his face. A crack was heard as his head snapped up and he fell backwards, his neck twisted at a sickening angle. The other one turned to her almost in panic as his partner was felled, and clumsily swung his fist at her. Erin ducked under the awkward attack and flicked her sleeve as she stepped in close. The knife she kept hidden slipped into her left hand and she sidestepped another one of the man's clumsy strikes, but this time swiping his wrist with the tiny knife. The thug yelped in pain and snapped his arm back, and as he was momentarily off-guard, Erin punched him in the face, causing him to stumble. Then she moved in, knife in hand, ready to finish the fight.
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

[6:11:43 PM] Dark Angel: Can I trade you Viasa now Daniel?
[6:14:02 PM] Dark Angel: Hello?
[6:14:12 PM] Vansy: h-*shot*
[6:14:41 PM] Dark Angel: Ah man. Another corpse...
[6:14:53 PM] Vansy: corpse? where?
[6:14:55 PM] Vansy: I want to see D:
[6:15:02 PM] Dark Angel: Where's my shovel?
[6:15:14 PM] Dark Angel: Oh, I thought you died.
[6:15:29 PM] Vansy: so there isn't a corpse?
[6:15:30 PM] Vansy: daww
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 08:33:04 pm »

"I remember whenever we needed natural resources, the key to finding what you needed was to look for out of place foliage. Most water ponds with plants around them have a big tree or bush near by because it was the first thing to start growing. The road straight west takes us into areas with fewer buildings, so it's a more likely place to check. Although we have to look out for NCR. They see me wearing this armor, and they'll shoot on sight."

Kethan's power armor had a built in navigation system, similar to that on a Pip-Boy. He routed out a path to a more open area and led the way.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: