Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 11:04:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Van Buren: A Fallout Role Play

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Van Buren: A Fallout Role Play  (Read 5038 times)
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 08:50:48 pm »

Erin didn't stop to look at the man who had suddenly pulled his gun on her aggressors. He had distracted them, and the girl was trained to capitalize on distracted opponents. She took a few quick steps forward as the thugs turned their heads toward the man and his dog, lashing out with her foot. She caught the one on the left in the side of the head, and he cried out and fell to his knees, clutching his cranium. Erin followed up her attack, bringing her knee up into his face. A crack was heard as his head snapped up and he fell backwards, his neck twisted at a sickening angle. The other one turned to her almost in panic as his partner was felled, and clumsily swung his fist at her. Erin ducked under the awkward attack and flicked her sleeve as she stepped in close. The knife she kept hidden slipped into her left hand and she sidestepped another one of the man's clumsy strikes, but this time swiping his wrist with the tiny knife. The thug yelped in pain and snapped his arm back, and as he was momentarily off-guard, Erin punched him in the face, causing him to stumble. Then she moved in, knife in hand, ready to finish the fight.
"Would you just STOP!" Jagar yelled in a panic.

He pointed the gun at the girl, then the thug again.

At that moment, Jagar couldn't seem to remember if he had even fired a gun before, "I don't want to use this, but I will if you two just don't calm down!"
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 08:51:32 pm »

Dusty nodded. "Alright." She didn't have much else to say as she trailed after him. She was considerably more at ease knowing that they were heading towards NCR camps- it was safer than going back towards the Legion. It was a quiet two hours of walking, but they ended up at a decently sized pond, with a young tree near it.

"You know your stuff." Dusty sounded pleased. "Can you watch my back while I'm looking for herbs? I don't see any NCR troops, but I bet that there's some wildlife around here, especially now that the sun is down. I don't want to get attacked by an angry critter while I'm working." Without even waiting for a reply, she crouched and started to look at the small plant life. Several xander roots were grouped together and she set to work separating the useful part of the plant from the rest of it. She looked around. Prickly pear fruit hung from a nearby cactus, so she grabbed those as well. However, there wasn't enough around to work with. She kicked the ground and hit metal with a large TWANG. She looked down and found a tin partially buried in the ground. Someone had been here recently, and it looked like they used this tin to hide supplies, because inside was a handful of broc flowers, three empty syringes, two pieces of cave fungus, and ten bottlecaps. "Talk about luck, Kethan! There's plenty of goodies here."
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 08:59:14 pm »

"Wait... metal box with stuff like that inside? That ain't just some random box that got left there by the war..."

Kethan surveyed the area and found a bush that had a bloodstain at it's base. Upon closer investigation, he found the body of a wastelander filled with bullet holes.

"It was an ambush... which means...!" Kethan quickly pulled his gun and tackled Dusty down before a bullet hit the tree on the other side of her. A group of raiders revealed themselves from the dunes and hills. A trap, using nature's bounty as the bait.

"Hehehe. Looks like two more stupid foragers wandered in. And one of them's Brotherhood. Once we scoop your body outta that tin can, nobody will be fuckin with us for miles to come."

"Cover your head Dusty." Kethan whispered as he shot at the grenade he noticed at one of the raider's hip.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 09:02:37 pm »

Erin was already moving as Jagar was shouting at her, she ducked under another unpracticed sweep, kicked the man's legs out from under him, then planted her boot in the side of his head, leaving him intentionally unconscious. Luckier than his friend, at least. Knowing the attempted peacemaker's hesitance would give her the edge, she whirled around to him, slipping her knife back into it's place as she raised her pistol towards Jagar's chest. Keeping a wary eye on the dog in case it decided to defend it's master, she said. "There, I stopped. So did he, although I don't think he intended to." Her voice was monotone and flat, betraying as much emotion as her expression, which hadn't changed through the entire scuffle.
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

[6:11:43 PM] Dark Angel: Can I trade you Viasa now Daniel?
[6:14:02 PM] Dark Angel: Hello?
[6:14:12 PM] Vansy: h-*shot*
[6:14:41 PM] Dark Angel: Ah man. Another corpse...
[6:14:53 PM] Vansy: corpse? where?
[6:14:55 PM] Vansy: I want to see D:
[6:15:02 PM] Dark Angel: Where's my shovel?
[6:15:14 PM] Dark Angel: Oh, I thought you died.
[6:15:29 PM] Vansy: so there isn't a corpse?
[6:15:30 PM] Vansy: daww
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 09:08:25 pm »

Jagar gulped, his eyes widened.

Mezz's growl grew louder, snarling at Erin.

"Down, girl..." Jagar commanded as he lowered his weapon.

He leaned back and sat against the wall behind him, taking a breath.  Mezz licked his face as he tried to relax.

Looking at the thug with the broken neck, Jagar spoke up, "Was that really necessary?" he asked.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 09:19:37 pm »

"...who are these people?" whimpered Dusty. She had the blessing of not having seen Raiders since she was very young, so she had no idea. She ducked down best she could beside Kethan and pulled out her Laser Pistol. The explosion caused by the grenade killed the Raider who had it on him, and those next to him were crippled. This meant that one was dead, three were crippled, and two were fully intact, one of whom appeared to be their leader. She was shaken slightly by the aftermath of the explosion, but not much. The Mentats help with that. She took aim at one of the Raiders who was still standing well, not the leader, shooting several times in succession before moving onto the next. He dropped his weapon. One of the injured Raiders took aim with a shotgun in retaliation and managed to graze Dusty. She heard several bullets plink on Kethan's Power Armor.
Report Spam   Logged

AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 09:21:32 pm »

Erin lowered her pistol, although she didn't holster it. She shrugged. "It was an accident. Not that it matters. Dead, unconscious, I don't see a difference worth fussing over. The unconscious ones can follow you later, I suppose, even if it just means a quick death for them. Why do you care? You're not the one who's dead."
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:59 pm »

Erin lowered her pistol, although she didn't holster it. She shrugged. "It was an accident. Not that it matters. Dead, unconscious, I don't see a difference worth fussing over. The unconscious ones can follow you later, I suppose, even if it just means a quick death for them. Why do you care? You're not the one who's dead."
Still a little shaken from the adrenaline, Jagar replied, "Well, you shouldn't just going around killing everyone.  I mean, it can't be good for karma."

He took a look at the tattoo on the back of his hand, "Then again, not many people would agree, where I come from..."

Dismissing the topic, he stood up.

"I don't believe I've introduced myself," he said, "My name is Jagar Sin Svans, although you can just call me Jagar"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:35:54 pm by Korbis » Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 09:34:14 pm »

With the four remaining shots in his gun, Kethan picked off the wounded raiders. He then proceeded to get up and football tackle the leader, and the two of them ended up wrestling over the shotgun he was holding. In the end, Kethan ripped the gun from the leader's hand and shoved the barrel into it's former owner's mouth. The results were messy. Over the hill, a cackling could be heard, and it was accompanied by a flash of light. There was one more. And he had a Flamer.

"Don't let him get close to you, otherwise, the results will be uglier than ghoulification."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 09:44:50 pm »

Dusty was wide eyed and hyperventilating. She lined up the sights on her laser pistol and focused on hitting the Raider with the Flamer. She was running low on ammo, so every shot had to count. She managed to hit one of his eyes, but her other shot missed. She only had three shots left, and she wanted a better shot before she took them. Women aren't allowed to fight in Caesar's Legion, so this was her first actual firefight. The Raider was running closer, and managed to singe the end of her hair. It burned and she panicked, rolling and trying to set it out. It quickly went out, but not before taking a few inches off of her hair. What had once been some of the longest hair in the wasteland now looked rather close to what the common style was for women she'd seen since running away.
Report Spam   Logged

AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 09:52:47 pm »

Erin briefly wondered what the man meant by "karma," then remembering where she had heard it before. It was a foolish belief that circumstance favored those who acted morally, and the opposite. Erin Havenheart didn't believe in burdens such as morals. Such things were chains, willingly shackled, that dragged one to their death. "Name...? Oh. Those. I am..." She thought for a moment. "...Erin, I think it was. Erin...Havenheart. Why are these terms important?"
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 09:53:22 pm »

Kethan rummaged up a grenade from one of the dead raiders. He then threw his old .32 at him, drawing attention away from Dusty. The flames from the raider's weapon were intense, but Kethan's power armor helped a lot.

"That Flamer's impressive, but you're no match."

With that lame pun, Kethan shoved the grenade into the raider's blown eye socket and pulled the pin before backing off and covering his head. The results were messier.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 09:56:36 pm »

"Dear God..." Dusty had seen a lot, but this was a bit much for her. She threw up in the bush she was lying in before taking a sip of the pondwater and spitting it onto the dirt.

"What the hell is their problem?!" Dusty shook a bit, feeling the singed ends of her hair and shaking.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 10:04:53 pm »

"What, you never seen a raider before?" Kethan said as he was strapping the Flamer onto his own back.

"Long story made simple, they're packs of psychos, probably on Psycho now that I think about it, who decided they're above civilized living and take what they please. The term Raider comes from the raids they like to make on smaller settlements. It's why places like Mihi are such rarities. Because defending any one place well enough to keep them, supermutants, slavers, and whatever else pops up, at bay isn't exactly easy. But feel free to take whatever you want offa them. They won't be needing it anymore."

This girl is sheltered if she's never heard of raiders, but she takes 'tats... something don't add up
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 10:19:02 pm »

Erin briefly wondered what the man meant by "karma," then remembering where she had heard it before. It was a foolish belief that circumstance favored those who acted morally, and the opposite. Erin Havenheart didn't believe in burdens such as morals. Such things were chains, willingly shackled, that dragged one to their death. "Name...? Oh. Those. I am..." She thought for a moment. "...Erin, I think it was. Erin...Havenheart. Why are these terms important?"
"Well, to start it helps identify individuals..." Jagar stopped when he realized he was seriously explaining what a name was for, "Eh, never mind..."

With his stomach growling, Jagar looked over his shoulder to see the barkeep pointing to a moldy box of Salisbury Steak, smiling.

Gagging a little, he turned back to Erin, "You wouldn't happen to know of a place to get something fresh to eat, not canine in nature?" he asked, "Would you?"
Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: