Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:37:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Van Buren: A Fallout Role Play

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Van Buren: A Fallout Role Play  (Read 5044 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2013, 12:06:19 am »

Dusty didn't resist being carried, and when she was set down, she had stopped shaking and hyperventilating. Now all that was left was the empty, broken look.

"He... my old master.... this is his blood-" She choked on her words, a silent sob. "He's dead." She leaned against Kethan and cried. Not for loss of the Centurion, whom she had despised, but for her lost innocence and for the deepening of their situation. She had been fortunate enough to remain naive and innocent, completely ignorant of the brutality of post-apocalyptia, but that also made being brought to reality all the harder.

"But that's not a good thing..." At this point, she was bawling into his shoulder. "Legate... Joshua.... Graham!" She stopped speaking at this point, just letting herself get it out of her system.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2013, 12:18:39 am »

Kethan's eyes widened. This wasn't good. In recon missions, the Brotherhood had lost countless people trying to get info on Joshua Graham. And what did come back was records of his ruthless nature. Spys in the NCR said he had been killed by Snipers no fewer than five times, and none of them were right. The man was made of Iron as well as anyone knew.

"I'm going to stay here until Dusty's feeling better, but then, I have to go out and talk to a few people. It suddenly became important."

We don't have any options anymore. We can't hide, so we have to influence the war or get past the boarder. But fi I call in a few favors... we'll see...
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2013, 12:49:32 am »

"Excuse me, but I thought that our plan was to get as far away from the Legion as possible," Jagar complained, "I went along with going to one of their war camps because I figured it would stop the Legion from hunting us.  If you ask me, from what the said there, they no longer care about us.  I have no intentions of fighting back, if that's what you're thinking, I say we head west, and if we can't cross the border then we'll head north.  Anywhere is better than being in the Legion's path of destruction."

Jagar took a breath, unsure if he should continue with what he has to say, "And...  And if you guys don't agree then I might just leave on my own.  I'm tired of waiting around and I'm certainly not going anywhere near another Legionary!"
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2013, 12:57:33 am »

Dusty cried a short while longer, and stayed leaned onto Kethan's chest a while longer than that. Once she was done, her voice was hoarse and her eyes red. "I want away from the Legion too, Jagar... But we won't be able to just run so easily. We'll either need to get involved, or somehow find a way through the border blockades... But it won't be so easy as just walking...." She looked back to Kethan. She didn't want him to go- she wanted to go somewhere safe, where everyone could be peaceful. But that place didn't exist, so she wanted to find that sense of safety in her friends.

"I know that you're probably going to meet with your old friends, Kethan..." Dusty sounded exasperated and exhausted. She stood up and went into the corner, and got out of the bloodstained slave robes, quickly switching into her fatigues.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 01, 2013, 01:02:51 am »

"I'm gonna get a hold of some people with connections that can be of use to us. Hopefully by tomorrow morning, I'll have thigns set up in such a way that we'll be able to make a difference. As it is, we're a former Brotherhood, Mysterious Apathetic Assassin, former Slave, and a Tribal whelp and his dog. Even though two of us are properly trained, that's not enough to get us to safety. So tomorrow morning, Jagar, Dusty, get ready to sweat." Kethan stood up and started to walk. He wouldn't be back until the middle of the night.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 01, 2013, 10:21:57 am »

"Erin, Jagar... I'm going to bed." Dusty said. "Night." She walked to her bed in the women's quarters and laid down, took a Mentat and quickly fell asleep. With how exhausted she had been, she slept well.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: December 01, 2013, 01:20:20 pm »

Jagar, frustrated, returned to the living quarters with Mezz without a word.

"I really don't like this..." he said to Mezz, once they were out of earshot.
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china

*Learning to Draw*
AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 01, 2013, 02:11:09 pm »

Erin had stayed mostly silent during the walk back and Dusty's breakdown. These happenings were one of the biggest mysteries to Erin. She had been exposed to bloodshed from a young age. Breaking a man's neck or shooting him in the back were as natural to her as breathing. She'd killed her own teacher, stuck a knife in his throat, before setting out on her own. That was two years ago. Since then, she'd killed more people than she could count. Slaves, brotherhood, legionnaires, NCR, tribal savages. She'd used disguises to gain people's trust before strangling them in their sleep, or cutting their throat, or throwing them off a balcony. To her, emotions were weaknesses. Weaknesses she could exploit in those around her, using their pity, kindness, and lust to complete her mission and eliminate her target. Seeing an ally completely lose her composure was puzzling. But regardless, it was not her concern, so long as Dusty recovered.
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

[6:11:43 PM] Dark Angel: Can I trade you Viasa now Daniel?
[6:14:02 PM] Dark Angel: Hello?
[6:14:12 PM] Vansy: h-*shot*
[6:14:41 PM] Dark Angel: Ah man. Another corpse...
[6:14:53 PM] Vansy: corpse? where?
[6:14:55 PM] Vansy: I want to see D:
[6:15:02 PM] Dark Angel: Where's my shovel?
[6:15:14 PM] Dark Angel: Oh, I thought you died.
[6:15:29 PM] Vansy: so there isn't a corpse?
[6:15:30 PM] Vansy: daww
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2013, 02:31:50 pm »

The next morning, the Bunker had changed. Not the main halls, the Overseer Office, the Bed Chambers, or anything in the upper area, but the Lower area. The former Garden. It had been transformed. Kethan had been out most of the night, not a moment of sleep. And he had brought with him, three guests.

"Alright everyone. Wake up!" Kethan Yelled as dawn broke outside. "I want all three of you downstairs. Take the Elevator and be polite. I've got three retired men who owe me a lot that you should be on your best behavior for."

The three people. Former Paladin Oleg, now going by Old Man Oleg, former Scribe Beatrice, now simply Doc. B, and a Mind-in-Tact Super Mutant, now going by Joey. With them, they brought a training course, an Auto Doc, a VR Projector, and a mountain of junk.

"Thanks a lot for this. Consider your debts payed in full."
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: December 01, 2013, 02:37:14 pm »

Jagar took a good look in the direction of the exit, considering how easy it would be to leave...
*Sigh*, he made his way to the elevator.
Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: December 01, 2013, 02:40:13 pm »

Dusty fell out of her bed in surprise. "Ow." She turned her head to the door. "I'm on my way!" She hopped up and threw on her armor before jogging towards downstairs. She felt considerably better than she had last night, but the memory still replayed in her mind, haunting her. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes. You could tell she had spent a lot of time crying yesterday, and it looked like she may have even cried in her sleep some, as her eyes were still puffy. Sleep, however, helps push all bad memories down, and that helped a bit. She took her morning Mentat before entering the Elevator with Jagar. She wasn't sure what to expect, but if Kethan liked these people, surely they had to have some sort of skill. Her eyes went wide as dinner plates when she saw Joey, having never seen a Super Mutant before. It was an amusing combination, given that her eyes were still puffy. She swallowed hard.

"H-hello, my name is Dusty. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." She had quickly regained her composure and flashed them her smile. Now rather than looking beat down, she looked confident, dazzling and like she'd had a rather rough night, but not too worse for the wear. Curiosity soon took the better of her and her eyes wandered the room, taking in the assortment of items as well as the people.
Report Spam   Logged

AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 01, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »

Erin soon followed on the elevator, interested to see what allies Kethan had called in. When she arrived, she surveyed them approvingly. At least two of them looked combat capable. She didn't see super mutants often, and she tended to avoid them. As much as she didn't understand the purpose, she decided she should at least give a cursory greeting. "Welcome. I'm Erin." The words felt awkward and unfamiliar, and reminded the speaker of how pointless socializing really was. But regardless, she appreciated their presence, if you could call it that. Feeling very little emotion, Erin usually felt little more than a vague feeling of satisfaction when things went her way.
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

[6:11:43 PM] Dark Angel: Can I trade you Viasa now Daniel?
[6:14:02 PM] Dark Angel: Hello?
[6:14:12 PM] Vansy: h-*shot*
[6:14:41 PM] Dark Angel: Ah man. Another corpse...
[6:14:53 PM] Vansy: corpse? where?
[6:14:55 PM] Vansy: I want to see D:
[6:15:02 PM] Dark Angel: Where's my shovel?
[6:15:14 PM] Dark Angel: Oh, I thought you died.
[6:15:29 PM] Vansy: so there isn't a corpse?
[6:15:30 PM] Vansy: daww
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2013, 03:07:59 pm »

"I called in a few favors these three owe me for major events. Oleg owes me his life after I took a shot from an Anti Material Rifle for him in the arm, I saved Doc B's ass from banishment when I took the fall for some missing weaponry that ended up turning up the next morning, and Joey here, I was the only person in the Brotherhood that listened to his plight when he requested Brotherhood aid to defend a town in the Mojave from being raided. They're all here for two days. During that time, you're all gonna get a taste of their skills. Oleg is a Weapons Master. There's not a single object in the world that can be used to kill something that he can't teach you how to use. Joey, well, I once saw him make a Minigun outta parts he ripped from two protectrons. He's a wizard at Makeshift weaponry. As for Doc B, She brought in a plethora of Implants and an Auto Doc to install them in us. Free of charge. The number of implants you can get is determined by your Physical health, but still. Of course, I would never tell someone else to go through something I wouldn't, so I'm gonna participate in the lessons and treatments as well, but still. So, who's first?"
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2013, 03:12:17 pm »

"I would like to volunteer." Dusty stepped forward, a resolved look on her face. "I'm ready to sweat." She winked at Kethan before stepping forward, unsure who to go to first. In the end, her curiosity won out and she wandered over to Joey and his pile of junk. "Hi..." She glanced up, only a hint of nervousness this time. "I don't have much in the way of weapons yet, so I'd love to learn your craft." She seemed very willing to learn and nodded to Joey, looking up at his face.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 01, 2013, 03:20:59 pm »

Joey's voice sounded like he was chewing on Gravel. He stuttered a lot too.

"Rrright. From the look of that Laser Pistol, I take it you favor the en..ergy side of things. I think I can... show you a thing or two that can help you... always be armed. Ff-first. And most impoortant is the source..." Joey continued on, building, dismantling, and building again, various laser based weaponry. It was impressive how delicate he could be with his hands.

"Remember... enrgy weapons aren't that commmon. Youl find more parts frome robots than from scavenging, so always be wwiling to spend the shot if you see a machine roaming aroud."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  

Jump to: