Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 11:39:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Van Buren: A Fallout Role Play

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: Van Buren: A Fallout Role Play  (Read 5039 times)
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2013, 03:45:45 pm »

Jagar gulped when he saw Joey, glad he didn't bring Mezz with him as she would have probably attacked him on sight.

He took a look at his Zip-Gun, "I suppose I could be better with weapons...  But I don't really have any intention of using this thing..." he commented, "Whenever I find myself in a situation, about to use it, I can only remember the stories my father used to tell me of the wasteland, and what it turns people into...  I'm just not sure if I want to be involved in this..."
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2013, 03:54:40 pm »

Erin turned to Oleg. "Weapons. I only ever received training in energy weapons. I'm an expert at any sort of energy based pistol. Sometimes a little more firepower than that is necessary. Big guns. Miniguns, rocket launchers, I'm sure you know the drill. Since you're offering to teach, I want to learn."
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

[6:11:43 PM] Dark Angel: Can I trade you Viasa now Daniel?
[6:14:02 PM] Dark Angel: Hello?
[6:14:12 PM] Vansy: h-*shot*
[6:14:41 PM] Dark Angel: Ah man. Another corpse...
[6:14:53 PM] Vansy: corpse? where?
[6:14:55 PM] Vansy: I want to see D:
[6:15:02 PM] Dark Angel: Where's my shovel?
[6:15:14 PM] Dark Angel: Oh, I thought you died.
[6:15:29 PM] Vansy: so there isn't a corpse?
[6:15:30 PM] Vansy: daww
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: December 01, 2013, 04:00:51 pm »

After spending some hours with Joey, she was the proud owner of her very own Laser RCW. "Thank you so much, Joey. This is so cool!" She fiddled with it a few moments before nodding to him and looking at the other two people. Erin was with the man named Oleg, so Dusty walked over to Doc B. She could relate to this woman, having experience in medicine herself. However, she'd never seen an Auto-Doc. She'd always had to do things the old fashioned way. She looked at the machine in professional wonder for a moment before looking to Doc B. "Is it alright if I work with you next?"
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 01, 2013, 04:14:33 pm »

Erin turned to Oleg. "Weapons. I only ever received training in energy weapons. I'm an expert at any sort of energy based pistol. Sometimes a little more firepower than that is necessary. Big guns. Miniguns, rocket launchers, I'm sure you know the drill. Since you're offering to teach, I want to learn."
"So, anything but stuff that use Batteries then, eh?" The man's voice had a strange accent. One that seemed lost to time. "Tell ya what, lass. Sometimes, you run into someone wearing armour that's sooo shiny, yer lasers just bounce right off em. So ya gotta shatter that mirror with a good old fashioned bullet. It's easy enough to aim and shoot, but there's a few tricks you can use to hit a baby mantis right in the eyes from 500 feet. I'll show ya." Oleg demonstraited how different from energy weapons normal guns could be to handle. Things like bullet fall and ricocheting.

After spending some hours with Joey, she was the proud owner of her very own Laser RCW. "Thank you so much, Joey. This is so cool!" She fiddled with it a few moments before nodding to him and looking at the other two people. Erin was with the man named Oleg, so Dusty walked over to Doc B. She could relate to this woman, having experience in medicine herself. However, she'd never seen an Auto-Doc. She'd always had to do things the old fashioned way. She looked at the machine in professional wonder for a moment before looking to Doc B. "Is it alright if I work with you next?"
"Of course. I'd be insulted if you didn't." Doc B looked over Dusty thoroughly with various medical tools. "I'm going to hook you up with an optical enhancer to make up for your obvious astigmatism. While I'm at it, I'll include a reflex enhancer. Then we'll give you an impact based sub -dermal armor, inject you with Nantes into your blood to increase your healing rate, and give you a cardiac regulator to help you manage combat stress. That last one won't make you cold as Ice mind you, it'll just keep your heart from rushing too fast in a fight so your aim stays steady."
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: December 01, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »

Dusty gave everyone a final glance and took a deep breath before stepping into the Auto Doc. Then, everything went black...

With a creak, the Auto Doc door opened and Dusty gasped, surprised. She squinted a bit. Everything was really bright compared to the relative darkness of the Auto Doc. She still felt tired- leftover from the anesthesia, she supposed. She shook her head slowly, and moved each of her limbs. Everything seemed... sharper. "Wow, my vizzin..." She slurred her speech a bit. She was certainly still waking up. She took a few steps over to a chair and sat, resting as she watched the others mill about. She knew well enough when she wasn't clear headed- well, when she wasn't going through chem withdrawal, that is.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: December 01, 2013, 04:32:33 pm »

"I doubt that you've gone through this much trouble to train us as a gift," Jagar said to Kethan, still reluctant on the situation, "What are you planning?"
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china

*Learning to Draw*
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 01, 2013, 04:42:16 pm »

"I'm getting us as far away from the Legion as I can, and I'm giving us the best bet we can of surviving. Since the plan to ruin the Legion's organization in the area failed so badly, I'm making up for it by expediting our border-crossing. If we have to, we fight our way through, whilst wearing disguises. Once we're on the other side, we drop the cover, and move on. Now if you'll excuse me."

Kethan went to the auto doc and Doc B himself. He figured he'd want his implants in place whenever he was doing his other training.

"Kethan, I know you've already received a tension fiber in your arms and back to let you more aptly maneuver your over-sized armaments. That doesn't leave too much room given your physical state. But I can give you carpo-digital reinforces to limit your recoil with weapons, and a property calculator implant to your brain for the sake of dealing with the natural limitations with your large weapons, as well as with explosives. You better not ever get caught in a grenade blast radius again with that one."
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2013, 05:07:25 pm »

"Well, glad to see we're taking a more logical route," Jagar replied as me motioned towards the elevator, "Well, I suppose I don't really have much else to do, here.  I'll be back up-stairs."
Report Spam   Logged

*Learning to Draw*
AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »

Erin, having finished the training, was waiting around for the others. She heard Kethan, and more or less approved of what he proposed. There was little to do but wait for the others for now, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2013, 05:33:17 pm »

Dusty was feeling better by the time that Kethan exited the Auto Doc. "Jagar went upstairs. I don't think he wants anything to do with this training at this point... and... I'm not sure he even wants to continue traveling with us at this point." Dusty tilted her head and took a Mentat. "I'm not sure what to do about that."

She wasn't sure why anyone would turn down free training, free implants. Implants are completely safe, she knew, so it wasn't much of a bother to her. She definitely felt some amount more useful to the group after learning some. However, after the training, it had grown late. No doubt, time for some sleep soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2013, 05:36:14 pm »

"I dunno. Jagar's his own man though. It's his right. Anything left undone we can do tomorrow. We should all eat. I do wanna check on him though."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2013, 05:58:03 pm »

"Fair enough. Let's go upstairs." Dusty got into the elevator, alongside Kethan and Doc B. It was a quiet ride up. Dusty got out of the elevator and glanced around, looking for Jagar or Mezz. She decided to strike up conversation while she was looking. "So, I never really asked, but... where will we go once we get past the blockades? I've never been out West."

((Kinfin gave me permission to move two of his characters upstairs.))
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 05, 2013, 09:38:10 pm »

"Fair enough. Let's go upstairs." Dusty got into the elevator, alongside Kethan and Doc B. It was a quiet ride up. Dusty got out of the elevator and glanced around, looking for Jagar or Mezz. She decided to strike up conversation while she was looking. "So, I never really asked, but... where will we go once we get past the blockades? I've never been out West."

((Kinfin gave me permission to move two of his characters upstairs.))
"Dunno. Never planned that far out. Just wanna get away from Van Buren. Too many memories, too much conflict."

The whole Bunker Shook.

"What the hell was that?" Kethan ran to the Overseer's Office and accessed it's security camera. Mercs were outside it's door, setting up explosives and trying to get in. "Shit... NCR's bounty. This is an ex-Brotherhood Base... this isn't good."
Report Spam   Logged

AiraVansalon
Guy who exists
Lombre Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 05, 2013, 09:42:19 pm »

After taking one look at the security feed, Erin said. "We need to move. Now." She didn't specify if she meant them to fight or flee, and in reality she didn't know exactly which one. But with how many mercs were there, an open fight wasn't a good idea. If they were going to fight, they would need a strategy.
Report Spam   Logged

Guy who doesn't exist

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: