Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 05:28:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Most Time Consuming Boss Fights Ever

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Time Consuming Boss Fights Ever  (Read 394 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:43:11 am »

Every now and then, a boss fight comes up in a game that just takes a long time. It might not be hard per say, but the thing had a frick ton of health, defense, or some other gimmick that just makes the fighting last forever. So rant about them here.

I'm starting off with three of the longest boss fights in gaming history.

The End, From Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
This guy fights you in a sniper duel. It's supposed to be a one on one, but he's a cheating bastard that can talk to a parrot that acts as his spotter. He can also recover health and stamina due to having moss growing inside and outside his body. The first time I fought this guy, it took me a good hour and a half, and I only pulled it off by capturing his parrot, sneaking up on him, and punching the shit out of him (netting me a stamina kill and his rifle). This is a cheaper tactic, and not the intended way of fighting him, so if you're doing it the proper way, it can take a while.

Yiazmat from Final Fantasy XII.
50 Million HP. What more do I need to say. This guy has 50 Million HP, his attacks have no charge up time, and unless you're playing the international edition, your charge up time moves do at most, 9999 damage at a time. Most likely, you won't be doing even that much. So you'll be here a while. The speed record for this fight is 72 minutes. That's a hour and 12 minutes for those who don't wanna do any math. The worst part about it is, it's very easy to heal, or set the AI to fight for you, so all this guy is a massive time waster. And the reward isn't that great given he's the game's super-boss and therefor, better weapons mean nothing after beating him.

Absolute Virtue from Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XI is an MMO. A popular one. Despite XIV coming out, XI is still doing well, and for a while was considered one of WoW's biggest competitors. And it happens to hold a certain boss in it that took 18 people days of peroration and 18 hours of manual game play to defeat. Dispirit this being how MMOs are built, it's still ridiculous that this one boss took that many people dealing their own DPS 18 HOURS to defeat.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 11:28:48 am »

Persona 4 - Kusumi no Okami
Took me about an hour to beat.

Devil Survivor - Babel
More than an hour to beat... the most painful boss I ever faced.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 03:36:50 pm »

Persona 4 - Kusumi no Okami
Took me about an hour to beat.

Devil Survivor - Babel
More than an hour to beat... the most painful boss I ever faced.
Come on man. Details!
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 03:54:48 pm »

Come on man. Details!

I dunno. It was just real hard and long.
Babel has groups covering him from every where and they just keep popping from cells all over the area unless you destroy the cellphones.
Report Spam   Logged

Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 04:10:58 pm »

All that comes to mind is the final segment in Half-Life 2: Episode Two.  WHY CAN THE HUNTERS SHOOT DOWN THE BOMBS?!  TT_TT

I dunno. It was just real hard and long.
Cute
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 04:29:50 pm »

Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

He basically is a cyborg that uses two daggers and he can split his entire body into pieces making it impossible to hit him. He also throws Red Phosphorous grenades at you making it hard to see his attacks.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 06:06:07 pm »

He basically is a cyborg that uses two daggers and he can split his entire body into pieces making it impossible to hit him. He also throws Red Phosphorous grenades at you making it hard to see his attacks.
Honestly, I love that fight because it taught me how to parry. And also because I have the Blue Wig and you're in constant Ripper Mode. I personally hated the fight with exodus more.
Report Spam   Logged

Master
Protagonist
Ludicolo Expert

Effeminate pansy with no social skills

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 01:24:49 pm »

Final boss of Persona 3

Top tier MMORPG bosses
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 01:54:03 pm »

I loved Monsoon's battle, it kicked ass.
The only fight I didn't like was the female Wind of Destruction- I can't even remember her name.
Not because it was long or hard, but because it was so anticlimactic and bleh.

I always hated Grim Treant in Dawn of Mana. It always takes so long to end the fight. So, as the name suggests, he is a tree, there are glowing crystals inside his mouth that you're supposed to hit to cause damage, but the only way to open his mouth is to inflict fire damage to him. If you run out of Salamanders(you only get about three for the whole level), then you're boned and have to rely on him tossing these exploding pumpkins at you. Problem is, his tendrils are attacking you the whole time, what with sweeping across the area as well as piking through the ground. Not only that, but he summons enemies to attack you and get in the way for when you actually get the chance to throw the pumpkin. He also has a small chance to shrug off the fire damage without getting panicked so you lose your chance to attack him.
Annoying tree, I tell you hhhhwat
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 03:21:15 pm »

I loved Monsoon's battle, it kicked ass.
The only fight I didn't like was the female Wind of Destruction- I can't even remember her name.
Not because it was long or hard, but because it was so anticlimactic and bleh.

I always hated Grim Treant in Dawn of Mana. It always takes so long to end the fight. So, as the name suggests, he is a tree, there are glowing crystals inside his mouth that you're supposed to hit to cause damage, but the only way to open his mouth is to inflict fire damage to him. If you run out of Salamanders(you only get about three for the whole level), then you're boned and have to rely on him tossing these exploding pumpkins at you. Problem is, his tendrils are attacking you the whole time, what with sweeping across the area as well as piking through the ground. Not only that, but he summons enemies to attack you and get in the way for when you actually get the chance to throw the pumpkin. He also has a small chance to shrug off the fire damage without getting panicked so you lose your chance to attack him.
Annoying tree, I tell you hhhhwat
Mistral wasn't that bad. Helps that her theme song, A Stranger I Remain is awesome. Besides, Blue Wig makes short work of everyone but Exodus and the president
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: