Ludicom
April 20, 2024, 06:48:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Studio Ghibli Love

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Studio Ghibli Love  (Read 643 times)
RSC Cooper Inc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Ruby Gatherer

genius at the core of insanity

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:05:44 pm »

There's got to be some other Ghibli lovers out there. Until a couple months ago I always thought that I loved Ghibli movies, but I had only seen My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo. Since then, I've added The Secret Life of Arietty, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Cat Returns, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Whisper of the Heart to my watch list(it's been a great couple of months).

Discuss any of your favorite Ghibli movies or any of the ones you plan on watching here! Make sure you use the spoiler code, however!

The next movie I plan on watching is Castle in the Sky but I'm waiting for my friend to come back from break before I rent it.

And here are some Ghibli sprites that I've done
(she's a little short Tongue)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:08:50 pm »

I read about My Neighbor Totoro, pretty cool
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Korbis
Bashful Buizel
Swift Swimmer

Main FC: 2578-3610-6784

I'm Daniel, in case anyone's wondering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:49:16 pm »

Castle in the Sky is actually the only one I've watched all the way through, it's amazing Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: it is though, in 1994 Chinda invited 20 western car companies to make a small family car for china
8:32 PM - Korbis: Chinda
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: yeah
8:32 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: chinda
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: they renamed it china in 2010 tho
8:33 PM - LIBERTY PRIME: after it got a vasectomey, it lost the d
8:33 PM - Korbis: XD

*Learning to Draw*
RSC Cooper Inc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:55:58 pm »

I also tried watching My Neighbors the Yamadas. I said "tried" because I couldn't watch the whole thing. There really wasn;t anything going on; it was like watching an animated version of reading a comic strip every week. Multiple small stories, with a couple stories that were about ten minutes mixed in.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:58:49 am »

There's got to be some other Ghibli lovers out there. Until a couple months ago I always thought that I loved Ghibli movies, but I had only seen My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo. Since then, I've added The Secret Life of Arietty, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Cat Returns, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Whisper of the Heart to my watch list(it's been a great couple of months).

Discuss any of your favorite Ghibli movies or any of the ones you plan on watching here! Make sure you use the spoiler code, however!

The next movie I plan on watching is Castle in the Sky but I'm waiting for my friend to come back from break before I rent it.

And here are some Ghibli sprites that I've done
(she's a little short Tongue)
Hayao Miyazaki or whatever his name is, has retired btw
Report Spam   Logged
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 06:21:52 am »

Hayao Miyazaki or whatever his name is, has retired btw
Really? Because he just released a new one a short while back. The Wolf Children.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 06:27:00 am »

Really? Because he just released a new one a short while back. The Wolf Children.

He's making one last before retiring about a pilot or something.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 08:09:21 am »

Loved his films ever since I saw my first (Spirited Away). Since DVDs/BluRays are a tad expensive, I don't own them all yet but I'm working on it. Right now we've just purchased Wolf Children and plan on watching it together tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

RSC Cooper Inc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 09:58:26 am »

Loved his films ever since I saw my first (Spirited Away). Since DVDs/BluRays are a tad expensive, I don't own them all yet but I'm working on it. Right now we've just purchased Wolf Children and plan on watching it together tomorrow.

The Wolf Children isn't from Miyazaki. It almost looks like it would be, but it's from Mamoru Hosoda and Studio Chizu

He's making one last before retiring about a pilot or something.

That one's in translation for US release right now, and his son is taking over directing the Studio.

Sunday, September 1, 2013, Hayao Miyazaki held a press conference in Venice, confirming his retirement saying: “I know I’ve said I would retire many times in the past. Many of you must think, `Once again.’ But this time I am quite serious..." Now it is time for Hayao's son, Goro Miyazaki, to take the torch and follow in his father's footsteps
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 10:49:40 am »

The Wolf Children isn't from Miyazaki. It almost looks like it would be, but it's from Mamoru Hosoda and Studio Chizu

That one's in translation for US release right now, and his son is taking over directing the Studio.

Well I'll be damned. Either way, it looks decent. I'll let y'all know what I think. I think I thought it was from the same studio because someone told me it was. xD

Mmm.... My favorites are Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke, I find them particularly touching. Though I haven't really seen one I disliked... Wasn't a huge fan of Arietty, but it wasn't awful.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 09:45:57 pm »

As much as I respect Hayao Miyazaki..

WHY WOULD YOU NAME YOUR SON GORO

That's like a pet name

"Come here Goro."
"Goro, sit."
"That's a good Goro."
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 10:49:14 pm »

As much as I respect Hayao Miyazaki..

WHY WOULD YOU NAME YOUR SON GORO

That's like a pet name

"Come here Goro."
"Goro, sit."
"That's a good Goro."

And I thought Goro was a cool enough name. Now you ruined it! XD
Report Spam   Logged

RSC Cooper Inc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Ruby Gatherer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 10:55:27 pm »

My favorites are My Neighbor Totoro(mostly because it was the first and because it's Ghibli's mascot film) and Princess Mononoke. I had no idea what I was getting into when I rented PM until a friend was telling me about people's limbs getting cut off XD I took a couple breaks while watching the movie, it was the most intense 3 hours I've had in a while!

Oh, and you guys know "Pokemon Jade"?

Now remember Shishigami(The Forest Spirit of PM)?

Also, there are some people making a live-action movie about Princess Mononoke called "Wolf Girl"
Wolf Girl is a live action fan film inspired by the Studio Ghibli masterpiece Princess Mononoke. It is a modern-day fairytale and a glimpse of the world today if the events of Princess Mononoke were real human history.

I've got a lot of problems with this. Mainly, the fact that it's "a glimpse of the world today if the events of Princess Mononoke were real human history." PM is supposed to be actual history(like historical folklore); I'm fairly sure in the beginning the narrator says that it takes place when the gods were still alive.
Report Spam   Logged

Sato
'Coolest' Guy in the Gem Cities
Sapphire Collector

'Ice' To Meet You

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 01:38:15 pm »

I've seen Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Tales from Earthsea, Ponyo and Princess Mononoke.

I saw the latter for the first time ever yesterday, really love the insane Japanese folklore it has, and all the character are pro. The dub wasn't bad either, started a little odd, but definitely got better.
Report Spam   Logged

Please someone make me a new sig oh god it's awful.

You will have my children.
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 06:07:27 pm »

After Watching Wolf Children, if you guys hadn't told me it wasn't Ghibli, I would still believe it now. We just finished watching it and it has Ghibli's standard bittersweet ending.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: