Ludicom
April 18, 2024, 06:16:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Dawn of Kobi

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dawn of Kobi  (Read 387 times)
RSC Cooper Inc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Ruby Gatherer

genius at the core of insanity

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2013, 02:45:22 pm »

For the past couple months I've been working on a story created in my idea of a Studio Ghibli movie. It's inspired by My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, Gremlins, The Secret Life of Arietty, as well as some stories from Rhett & Link(Youtubers).

This story focuses on three kids and a mysterious animal named Kobi.

Here are some pictures and even a 3D model that I made and 3D-Printed

https://tinkercad.com/things/bQnJx0GR8Re-kobi

Kobi is a creature of folklore called a Kobidon.

Kobidon
Mythical Beast
Almost Immortal-Lives up to 2000 years. It can survive almost any physical harm unless it is beheaded. If it recieves enough harm, it will enter a state exactly like death for aproximately 24 hours, then it will start to heal. It eats the chlorophyl off of fallen leaves and from the leaves on low bushes. In autumn, it has to eat a lot to be ready for hibernation in the winter, so it climbs trees to eat the chlorophyl from leaves that are still on branches. Kobidons are afraid of most birds, who see Kobidons as threats to their territory.
In its natural state, it is a shy but friendly creature. It is loyal to any being that might befriend it, especially a human companion. However, it contains a seed of pride that grows absurdly everytime it hears its name mentioned. Everytime it hears its name, it enters into a more intense state of pride, and its physical stature becomes stronger. There are nine stages that it goes through, and each stage takes at least a half hour to progress through. Because of this, even if someone says "Kobidon" to it nine times in a row, it won't reach its most prideful and powerful form until at least 4 hours later. After it goes through a change, it will start to revert slowly, unless it hears its name again. For the first four successive changes, it takes ten hours to recover, but it will take another two hours for each successive change after that.
However, a reverse effect seems to happen when it befriends a human. After a deep connection is established, and the said human gives the Kobidon a new name, it will begin to change its stature up to that of its fourth stage, but its loyalty and kindness will increase instead of its pride. Eventually, it will gain the ability to control its form whilst in the presence of a close companion.

The story takes place in a small town somewhere in Japan. Two boys are just moving into the town and become friends at the beginning of the school year. Eventually, they discover Kobi and befriend it. Eventually, they accidentally ignite the Kobidon's seed of pride, then learn to never use its actual name. The real conflict of the story is when a group of middle-aged townspeople discover Kobi and blame it for the progression of summer into winter.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:34:40 pm »

I litereally switched tabs from reading about My Neighbor Totoro.

Good work RSC! They look pretty similar to what you'd find in MNT
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
RSC Cooper Inc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Ruby Gatherer

genius at the core of insanity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 03:48:43 pm »

I litereally switched tabs from reading about My Neighbor Totoro.

Good work RSC! They look pretty similar to what you'd find in MNT

MNT?

EDIT: Oh wait I see XD I miss being able to delete my posts when I messed up Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: