Ludicom
March 18, 2024, 10:06:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Kinfin's Movie Reviews (Potential Spoilers)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kinfin's Movie Reviews (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 459 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2013, 09:17:18 pm »

Today, I'll be reviewing Warm Bodies. A romantic comedy about zombies. Weird combo, isn't it?

Warm Bodies starts off with a voice over from our main character, a zombie who only remembers his name starts with an 'R' and will later decide to name himself R. As he slowly shuffles through a zombie infested airport, he explains how life as a walking corpse is. Boring, with no social interaction, waiting until you tear most of your flesh off and become a walking skeleton. The opening sequence ends with R shuffling off to look for food in a pack. Food being living people.

The movie then cuts to a human settlement in the city where we meet our heroine who's name I don't remember so I'll just call her E since I think it started with one. As she and a group of simalarly aged young people go out to scav resources and medicine, she and her boyfriend have a spat before being attacked by a swarm of dead ones, R included. R eats the boyfriends brains, gains his memories, and decides to not eat E, instead, covering her face in zombie goo and taking her to the airport and his personal airplane bedroom to keep her safe. She of course tries to run away, but when he saves her a second time and he manages to talk for just long enough to convince her it'd be safer for her to leave in a few days, a montage of them doing activities sparks.

I don't wanna ruin too much about the plot, so I'll stop there, but what I am willing to say is that this comedy knows just when to lighten a mood. A moment will seem dark and creepy, but then R will narrate a clever piece of writing and brings things to a lighter place. The only really heavy part of the movie is the climax. I'll say this much, E's dad is the most anti zombie person in the world, and they make a huge enough deal about how zombies never sleep or dream that you know that that'll become pertinent, but meh. I still believe it's an excellent romantic comedy, and it really makes you root for R all the way though by giving you insight on his thoughts and feelings, even when he's not supposed to have any. I really recommend it.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: