Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 02:49:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness  (Read 1872 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »

"I shall." Chancellor Miles replied, his smile not fading in the slightest.

"Oh, the cold does not bother us, dear Sultan." Glacea nodded to Kien. "However, this glass.. it's exquisite. I would love to trade for some, especially colored glass such as this. My people don't have much color in their lives, and it would make my heart glad to share such beauty with them."

"Which reminds me- would you be willing to part with the recipe for the delightful beverage being served?" The Chancellor spoke up again. Perhaps he thought it better to begin with a lighter subject- the quirk of the Queen's lip, however slight, was not lost on him. The Chancellor knew that this is a high risk conversation, not to mention the event, and as such, he was treating it with the greatest of care. One wrong move could lead to peace moving out of his reach, or worse, to another war. Needless to say, a lesser man would have been quaking in his boots.

"I'm afraid that even if I did share, it'd be quite impossible to brew anywhere else. You see, diamond dust is primarily to credit for the unique flavor and qualities of the beverage, and unfortunately, it's illegal to export the substance without official pardons. It has far too many uses to risk selling." Diamond dust- a substance spoken of in legends. It strongly resembled ground diamonds, far too tiny to see even a single facet, even if it were such a thing. According to legend, it is the substance of all life, able to heal mortal wounds, make desolate and lifeless lands thrive, and to make any dish or beverage carry incredible taste. And again, according to legends, only Articuno himself, or one of his closest descendents, could produce such a substance. Glacea swirled her finger, still a small smile left on her face as her finger was surrounded by the brightly glittering dust. She stopped and let the precious dust drift off into the room. It was such a small amount that it would be neigh useless to anyone, especially as it had been allowed to fall to the floor. It would be impossible to pick up, lost but for a mere moment, a show of power to anyone who knew of the legend. Or who had reviewed their history- Glacea herself had used diamond dust to revive a large patch of forest in a long dead country. She tucked the charm given to her by Kein into her robes, under the metal plate that guarded her vital organs.

Councillor Chael watched the exchange from a safe distance. He was a tall man, one who had obviously spent his life training for the position of the good Queen's guard and council. He was a descendent of the great Councillor Nicko, Queen Glacea's first Councillor and dear friend. Their family had served her for many generations now, and Chael intended to be as loyal and strong as his father and grandfather before him.

Queen Glacea looked back to Chancellor Miles, the red and black of Lejenda reminding her of Chancellor Atticus Flynn. It was then that she saw him, not the Chancellor Miles before her, but the one who she had killed all those years before.

"Atticus... Flynn... I... I killed you! No..." Glacea's voice was hardly a whisper- only those very nearby would likely have been able to hear. Her eyes were wide with fear. She backed up, frightened. She looked the Chancellor up and down, seeing the body of her father, the great King Fross, decayed at his feet.

"Come with me, child... Let's go to the garden today, hm? Your mother loved to garden...." The corpse's voice was hoarse, rasping. It sounded as though it struggled to speak through the decay and the maggots that lie in his throat, which had been eaten through entirely on one side. It swung a rotten hand around one her her ankles, pulling. Glacea again moved back, hyperventilating, and the hand broke off, remaining on her ankle.

Glaceon was watching Glacea. The fearful expression and mumbling to herself... or to whatever she was seeing and hearing... was not so rare these past few days, but it was troublesome in that he had no idea how to snap her out of it. To Glaceon's clear mind, it appeared as though Glacea was backing away from Miles and staring at something that lie at his feet, then at her foot.

Chancellor Miles, on the other hand, had no expression of concern, but instead a knowing smile. The voice in the back of his mind was pleased by this, and that put Miles at ease, pleasing him as well. Whatever was happening, he didn't understand, but he felt it bode well for Lejenda.

The Queen Glacea lurched, catching the cough in her throat. I'm still at a party, I can't bleed here... Her body, however, had other ideas, and she caught another cough in her throat. The blood was there, too, and she held it in her mouth, not wanting to alarm the partygoers. She slowly lifted a handkerchief to her mouth. That was when the Atticus she saw ran at her. She flinched, and in the moment she lost focus, the blood leaked from her mouth, dribbling down her chin. She tried to wipe it away, but felt lightheaded and weak, overwhelmed by the hallucinations, and collapsed. The bloodied handkerchief lie in one of her hands, and a thin trail of blood made it's way down her cheek.

Glaceon had padded her fall, assisting her to the ground. He sat next to her, a worried look on his face and shouted to Chael. "Please, we need help!" Councillor Chael ran over. The Navihielans milling about all kept a reasonable distance, but watched with horror on their faces. Glacea's chest rose and fell slowly. The crowd gave a collective sigh of relief, though the air was still tense. In this time, Chancellor Miles had stepped back. He had no interest in dirtying his hands with this business, preferring to observe. For now. Soon. Glacea continued to mumble to herself.

"Councillor... Nicko.... Koke... Why are you here...?" Glacea sounded far calmer. Her hallucinations had taken a merciful turn, instead showing her her first Councillor and dear friend, and a potential paramour from the past- a soldier from another long dead land- Regina, a once powerful force, long ago swept aside, the Faore Repbulic taking its place. Her eyes hardly opened but she was comforted, at least, by these visions.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: