Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 05:23:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness  (Read 1864 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 02:29:22 pm »

Glaceon nodded. "Of course, I'll-" Glaceon stopped speaking as he saw Glacea rise to her knees. He hadn't noticed that she had stopped mumbling a few moments ago, let alone that she'd be able to move. She turned her head to Glaceon, on level with him this way, and her eyes were empty. Dead, blank eyes compared to the usual sparkle and life that inhabited them, and in that moment, Glaceon's breath caught in his throat and his eyes grew wide. "Something's not right...." His voice was nearly a hiss. "Milday, what is-"

He didn't get the chance to finish that sentence either. Glacea's usual calm expression had morphed into one of madness and fear- and everyone could see why. The flesh and bone within her right arm moved unnaturally, the skin contorting and wiggling as whatever was happening took place. In a flash, you could see that her eyes were back to normal, and Glacea was back. She grimaced in pain, now only the fearful expression on her face as she attempted to hold her right arm in place, but to no avail. It struck out, what had been her fingers now sharp, bony claw-like appendages, covered in ice, slashing Chancellor Miles's pant leg and leaving a light cut on his leg. Before it could strike again, she held her arm, tearing up at the pain. It took several breathless minutes before her arm went back to normal, and Glacea passed out.

Councillor Chael looked horrified. "Chancellor, we offer our deepest apologies. I assure you that this was not the Queen's decision- she has taken quite ill, as you can see..." He wanted to stop anything further from developing out of this. He looked to Glaceon, pleading with his eyes.

"Right, as I was saying. I'll lead the way. Would you be able to carry milady with us? I fear leaving her here would be unwise." Glaceon spoke quietly to Kien. He didn't know if leaving her alone in her bedchambers would be wise, either. He nodded as Kien picked Glacea up and trotted behind the throne, where the royal records were kept. The door closed behind them. "Most books here are fanciful and won't be of use- things like gardening, maps, fiction..." His tassles bobbed as his head swept around. "Lie her on the duvet- there should be a pillow there. The books we're looking for... There aren't many. One listing births and deaths of the Navihielan royalty, one general history, and a few on the legends that surround our great land." He stopped in front of a tall, ornate shelf with few books on it, though all were well made and appeared to be bound in leather. There were a number of cushions and desks, spots for reading and resting. It was obvious that this was meant to be a place of peace and joy, and that a lot of care had gone into organizing the room. A carving of Articuno adorned the ceiling, watching over those who entered.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: