Ludicom
April 19, 2024, 02:49:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness  (Read 1898 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2014, 01:14:21 pm »

As Glacea flew along, she felt a slight twang of guilt. "Fearow, I'm afraid you won't be returning home anytime soon." "I figured as much when we set off." A few flaps of his wings, the world silent to them aside from the sound of rushing wind and whistling feathers. "We will be arriving soon. I won't be able to continue this speed or altitude." "Very well."

It was obvious that they had arrived on the edge of Venoth- a dark and unnatural cloud hung over the land. Glaceon wrapped his dangles around his face and Glacea lowered the face cover of her hat. Fearow lowered some, now hanging just below the clouds. Glacea looked at the ground. Small groups of people, at most, could be seen about. She had never visited Venoth, even though it had been a nation for a long time- far longer than many of its neighbors. A solemn look crossed her face as she took in the obvious plight of the people below her. However, assistance would have to wait for another time- she needed to land, as the gasses above, even with her mask, were making her feel ill. She signaled to Fearow to begin his descent into the city. She had no clue who was in charge, or even where they might be, but she figured that she could walk. She recalled Fearow to his Pokeball. A bird of that size, especially on the ground, would only draw attentions. She removed her gray cloak and put it into a pack. Her royal garb would be key to her recognition in this land- she wasn't sure if the people here knew her face, but everyone recognized her clothing. Glaceon trotted alongside her, and they began to follow the small street.

---------

Back in Navihielo, Councillor Chael had discovered Glacea's note some time ago. He'd taken preparations to defend the land, and was forced to assume control of the Navihielan forces. He had a troubled look on his face, and sighed. Hours ago, after first alerting the troops, he set off for the sacred shrine to Articuno- the father of all Navihielo. He would need all the help he could find, and he prayed that Articuno would understand. His footsteps echoed as he stepped into the icy cavern. It was so difficult to find that even many Navihielans didn't know where the shrine was, and it was neigh impossible to see. He continued along the path, and eventually reached a small wooden shrine in a room covered in intricate carvings. Most showed the beginning of all time. It was, obviously, a very holy place. Three bowls were at the foot of the shrine.

Chael stepped up to the shrine and from his pack, he removed his offerings. The royal regional beverage, a hot soup, and a strip of freshly caught seafood were placed in the bowls. The room shook slightly, and a melodic call could be hear. There was a whistling of wind and feather, and blue glowing eyes appeared behind the shrine. The great bird first partook in the offerings, then turned to Chael.

"What do you seek, human?" Articuno stared Chael down. He shifted uncomfortably.

"Great creator, all-father of our proud race, our land faces troubling times. The Queen Glacea has left our land due to illness, and we are vulnerable. I beg of you, Articuno, to cure our Queen so that she may return to us in this time of need." Chael was desperate.

Articuno stretched slightly. It was strange to have anyone come, let alone with the proper offerings, and to then ask a favor. If a bird could smirk, Articuno would be smirking right now. He chuckled. "My dear child is not ill, human. I owe you no explanations. Return her to me, and I will make everything right again." Articuno wasn't known for being clear, but the way he was conducting himself was making Chael wonder.

"She's... she's not sick?"

"No, human. Now go." Articuno flew up and faded into the snowfall above the cavern, gone. Chael stood a moment, staring, before leaving the shrine and heading back to the castle. He had to find out where Glacea went, and that would mean using the Psychic Pokemon granted to their land to contact each other country until he found out where she had wandered. The Psychic Pokemon at the Navihielan castle was an Espurr, who had taken over for an elderly Kadabra in recent years. That was his plan.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: