Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 12:55:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness  (Read 1862 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 10:57:50 pm »

Kien took a moment to size up Miles. Lejenda. Fancy place with fancy people, and a fancy history. Kien stepped up.

"Kien, of Agi Zeronia. Pleased to meet you. This is rapidly turning into quite the event. Most of the world's leaders in one place. Enough power to shape history. But let's not think too deeply on that. As it stands, I'd like to inform you that the caravan that was headed in your direction will be a little late due to recent events that will have me up late tonight. Oh, and before I forget, Glacea, it's not ice. Ice would be gone before high noon in my homeland. Glass however, is something that we can make a lot of. If you'd like, I can arrange for glass to be shipped here in the next caravan. It makes for excellent windows, and provided it's thick enough, can keep the cold out if you need it too."

Kien needed to keep in mind how long he was here. Half an hour here, half an hour back, and he would need to have time to plan his move so he couldn't stick around for long. Even now, a series of thoughts rushed through his mind, only slowing down when speaking.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 11:32:12 pm »

Shugo bowed some as he was given a glass of Navihielan specialty, he turned towards the group of leaders across the room and took a swig from the glass, examining them. Sultan Kien of Agi Zeronia, Prime Minister Roland of Featherland, Queen Glacea of Navihielo, and Chancellor Miles Lawliet of Lejenda... I'll assume more are attending, but for now I'll focus on them. Shugo began walking towards the group, though still keeping to himself, intending to learn from them.

Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Queriter
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 12:41:14 am »

The battle was short. A small skirmish, at best. And it was a grand success by the standards of the people of Venoth. Somnus, however, was not so pleased with the outcome, and Nox couldn't say she disagreed with him any. She had made a mistake, for such an act on her part could be considered nothing but. And worst of all, she found she did not regret it much at all.

For the second time that day, Nox found herself staring up at the sky, this time at the ever darkening dome above her and the barely visible twinkling lights. She heard Somnus approach before he made himself known. Or rather, the fact that she was able to hear him approach was Somnus making himself known. As toned as her hearing was, Nox was convinced that there was not a being on the entire damn planet that could hear Somnus when he didn't want to be heard. She sighed loudly, guessing what was to come. With a low grunt, she pushed her upper body up from the ground and refocused her center of gravity to her hips rather than lower back. She spared a glance over her shoulder at the approaching pokemon, following him with her eyes until he finally stood directly before her. He fixed her with a piercing gaze and she fixed him with a disinterested look. Well matched, they were. There was a pause before Somnus' breathy voice finally reached her ears.

"There were survivors."

Nox cocked a brow. "I'm well aware. I'm the one that made them 'survivors.'"

"You aren't meant to make them anything but dead," hissed Somnus.

Nox sat for a moment, silent and still, before she stood, quickly enough to make some people flinch. Somnus stood stock still, the jarring movement before him eliciting no more than a blink.

"Do not question me, Somnus. I am the leader of these people and I make the calls," Nox snarled through clenched teeth.

Somnus was not phased. He had known Nox longer than she had known herself. "Do not play as Arceus, Nox. It does not become you. You are not able to save every father or mother that crosses our paths. You never were and you never will be able to. The only thing you accomplished tonight was putting the people here at risk."

So he had seen. He had seen the very same slip of paper that she had. He had seen the yellowed scrap flit out of seemingly nowhere, twisting and turning, avoiding every blade that nearly sliced it in two, as though the photograph and the knives were dancing an intricate waltz of touch and go. He had seen the smiling family fall to the ground, only to be crushed by stampeding feet only moments later. Clearly it had not had the same effect on him as it had on her, for moments later when she told the remaining men to go in the lowest voice she could muster, Somnus had sent her a disapproving look-- one she had blatantly ignored. No doubt the men would return to their homeland spinning tales of a small gang that had ambushed them and the man that led them. Androgyny worked well for her sometimes. With any luck, the men would be cared for and nursed back to health, but what remained of Venoth would be left alone.

Nox scoffed, something of a scathing laugh, and turned her back to him. "I think you are mistaken, Somnus. What I did was quite the opposite of playing as Arceus. Even if the people here hold me in the regards of a god, I would never play the part of one so cruel."

There was a long silence that followed. Nox noticed that during it, a familiar metal tang had filled her mouth. She removed her lip from between her teeth.

When Somnus did speak, his voice was soft. Not low in the menacing manner Nox had grown used to, but soft. "Had the events that conspired that day never occurred, we would not have been acquainted." Nox recognized it as some attempt at comfort.

She had never told him the full truth of the day they had met. Not once had she mentioned to him that she had seen him before the fateful events of that day. She could still recall the memory with crystal clarity-- when she had seen him first, his sleek body darting out of the shadows and tackling a creature that had begun to feed on what she guessed had been Somnus' supply of food. In no time at all, Nox was staring at what she recognized as the limp body of a Murkrow. The moment she realized what had happened, Nox fled from the scene, her child's mind enabling her only to replay the image over and over again. What she had seen was appalling, grotesque, disgusting. Only when she returned to the swamp a year later, and saw the same Greninja performing a similar act, did she recognize it as beauty.

Nox shut her eyes, a quiet resignation. Somnus was right. In every way, he was nothing but pure reason. She nodded. "You're right. I can't save families, and I won't. From here on out, any people who travel through the treacherous roads of Venoth will receive no compassion from me. I am only the protector of myself and the people of Venoth. I owe nothing to anyone else, and they deserve nothing from me." She turned on her back foot, facing Somnus once more. Had he not had the entire lower half of his face covered, Nox would have seen a slight smile.

"The people of the other nations have done nothing to help us. They merit no favors in return. No survivors anymore," he encouraged. Once Nox nodded her full understanding, he continued with the news he had originally come to deliver. "Unfortunately, the future will not save us from the recent mistakes. We must assume the worst-- that the men who returned to their homeland will return will an army to eliminate the threats to their caravans once and for all."

Nox breathed out through her teeth. Her mistakes could very well cost the people who remained in Venoth their lives. Somnus was right once again. They had to prepare for the worst. "Very well," said Nox, already starting to head to the building that acted as the people's hub of living. "If we assume the worst, we must prepare for the worst as well. Gather any people that are scattered around the city. Bring them to the Lorem Ispum. We will prepare ourselves for any battle that may follow. And if none comes, we will consider ourselves lucky."
Report Spam   Logged

-insert cleverness and wit here-
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »

"I shall." Chancellor Miles replied, his smile not fading in the slightest.

"Oh, the cold does not bother us, dear Sultan." Glacea nodded to Kien. "However, this glass.. it's exquisite. I would love to trade for some, especially colored glass such as this. My people don't have much color in their lives, and it would make my heart glad to share such beauty with them."

"Which reminds me- would you be willing to part with the recipe for the delightful beverage being served?" The Chancellor spoke up again. Perhaps he thought it better to begin with a lighter subject- the quirk of the Queen's lip, however slight, was not lost on him. The Chancellor knew that this is a high risk conversation, not to mention the event, and as such, he was treating it with the greatest of care. One wrong move could lead to peace moving out of his reach, or worse, to another war. Needless to say, a lesser man would have been quaking in his boots.

"I'm afraid that even if I did share, it'd be quite impossible to brew anywhere else. You see, diamond dust is primarily to credit for the unique flavor and qualities of the beverage, and unfortunately, it's illegal to export the substance without official pardons. It has far too many uses to risk selling." Diamond dust- a substance spoken of in legends. It strongly resembled ground diamonds, far too tiny to see even a single facet, even if it were such a thing. According to legend, it is the substance of all life, able to heal mortal wounds, make desolate and lifeless lands thrive, and to make any dish or beverage carry incredible taste. And again, according to legends, only Articuno himself, or one of his closest descendents, could produce such a substance. Glacea swirled her finger, still a small smile left on her face as her finger was surrounded by the brightly glittering dust. She stopped and let the precious dust drift off into the room. It was such a small amount that it would be neigh useless to anyone, especially as it had been allowed to fall to the floor. It would be impossible to pick up, lost but for a mere moment, a show of power to anyone who knew of the legend. Or who had reviewed their history- Glacea herself had used diamond dust to revive a large patch of forest in a long dead country. She tucked the charm given to her by Kein into her robes, under the metal plate that guarded her vital organs.

Councillor Chael watched the exchange from a safe distance. He was a tall man, one who had obviously spent his life training for the position of the good Queen's guard and council. He was a descendent of the great Councillor Nicko, Queen Glacea's first Councillor and dear friend. Their family had served her for many generations now, and Chael intended to be as loyal and strong as his father and grandfather before him.

Queen Glacea looked back to Chancellor Miles, the red and black of Lejenda reminding her of Chancellor Atticus Flynn. It was then that she saw him, not the Chancellor Miles before her, but the one who she had killed all those years before.

"Atticus... Flynn... I... I killed you! No..." Glacea's voice was hardly a whisper- only those very nearby would likely have been able to hear. Her eyes were wide with fear. She backed up, frightened. She looked the Chancellor up and down, seeing the body of her father, the great King Fross, decayed at his feet.

"Come with me, child... Let's go to the garden today, hm? Your mother loved to garden...." The corpse's voice was hoarse, rasping. It sounded as though it struggled to speak through the decay and the maggots that lie in his throat, which had been eaten through entirely on one side. It swung a rotten hand around one her her ankles, pulling. Glacea again moved back, hyperventilating, and the hand broke off, remaining on her ankle.

Glaceon was watching Glacea. The fearful expression and mumbling to herself... or to whatever she was seeing and hearing... was not so rare these past few days, but it was troublesome in that he had no idea how to snap her out of it. To Glaceon's clear mind, it appeared as though Glacea was backing away from Miles and staring at something that lie at his feet, then at her foot.

Chancellor Miles, on the other hand, had no expression of concern, but instead a knowing smile. The voice in the back of his mind was pleased by this, and that put Miles at ease, pleasing him as well. Whatever was happening, he didn't understand, but he felt it bode well for Lejenda.

The Queen Glacea lurched, catching the cough in her throat. I'm still at a party, I can't bleed here... Her body, however, had other ideas, and she caught another cough in her throat. The blood was there, too, and she held it in her mouth, not wanting to alarm the partygoers. She slowly lifted a handkerchief to her mouth. That was when the Atticus she saw ran at her. She flinched, and in the moment she lost focus, the blood leaked from her mouth, dribbling down her chin. She tried to wipe it away, but felt lightheaded and weak, overwhelmed by the hallucinations, and collapsed. The bloodied handkerchief lie in one of her hands, and a thin trail of blood made it's way down her cheek.

Glaceon had padded her fall, assisting her to the ground. He sat next to her, a worried look on his face and shouted to Chael. "Please, we need help!" Councillor Chael ran over. The Navihielans milling about all kept a reasonable distance, but watched with horror on their faces. Glacea's chest rose and fell slowly. The crowd gave a collective sigh of relief, though the air was still tense. In this time, Chancellor Miles had stepped back. He had no interest in dirtying his hands with this business, preferring to observe. For now. Soon. Glacea continued to mumble to herself.

"Councillor... Nicko.... Koke... Why are you here...?" Glacea sounded far calmer. Her hallucinations had taken a merciful turn, instead showing her her first Councillor and dear friend, and a potential paramour from the past- a soldier from another long dead land- Regina, a once powerful force, long ago swept aside, the Faore Repbulic taking its place. Her eyes hardly opened but she was comforted, at least, by these visions.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 02:09:36 pm »

Kien watched the events unfolding before him in a shock and awe. The happenings shutting down his mind from business at the home-front and forcing him to focus only on Glacea before him. The blood from her mouth suggested either illness or injury, and since she was walking and talking just fine a moment ago, the latter was out of the question.

"This doesn't bode well..." Kien whispered to himself with multiple meanings. He knew what the consequences would be should Glacea die. The foremost being that Navihielo, the most successful superpower in Serennes, would be set in disarray.

"She should be taken to her chambers to rest. Fetch her some antibiotics." Kien's medical knowledge came from the books left behind by Agi Zeronia's sages. "Glaceon, if you'd give me permission, I'd like to peruse the royal library and see if I can find any information about this. I know that Navihielians don't usually get sick, so if there is any record of one being ill, it'd be kept in some sort of record book."

Knowledge. When Kien was made Sultan, he was rigorously taught what the sages called the five gates of enlightenment. A leader must be enlightened to lead well, and the sages made it known what they believed to be the path to enlightenment. Knowledge, Bravery, Selflessness, Honor, and Peace. A good leader would use his brain before he acts, would act with courage, would aid those who needed it, would act justly, and would strive for balance and equilibrium. Kien's thief life almost cost him the throne, but on that faithful day, he proved he could walk those gates, and was given the title of Sultan because of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 02:29:22 pm »

Glaceon nodded. "Of course, I'll-" Glaceon stopped speaking as he saw Glacea rise to her knees. He hadn't noticed that she had stopped mumbling a few moments ago, let alone that she'd be able to move. She turned her head to Glaceon, on level with him this way, and her eyes were empty. Dead, blank eyes compared to the usual sparkle and life that inhabited them, and in that moment, Glaceon's breath caught in his throat and his eyes grew wide. "Something's not right...." His voice was nearly a hiss. "Milday, what is-"

He didn't get the chance to finish that sentence either. Glacea's usual calm expression had morphed into one of madness and fear- and everyone could see why. The flesh and bone within her right arm moved unnaturally, the skin contorting and wiggling as whatever was happening took place. In a flash, you could see that her eyes were back to normal, and Glacea was back. She grimaced in pain, now only the fearful expression on her face as she attempted to hold her right arm in place, but to no avail. It struck out, what had been her fingers now sharp, bony claw-like appendages, covered in ice, slashing Chancellor Miles's pant leg and leaving a light cut on his leg. Before it could strike again, she held her arm, tearing up at the pain. It took several breathless minutes before her arm went back to normal, and Glacea passed out.

Councillor Chael looked horrified. "Chancellor, we offer our deepest apologies. I assure you that this was not the Queen's decision- she has taken quite ill, as you can see..." He wanted to stop anything further from developing out of this. He looked to Glaceon, pleading with his eyes.

"Right, as I was saying. I'll lead the way. Would you be able to carry milady with us? I fear leaving her here would be unwise." Glaceon spoke quietly to Kien. He didn't know if leaving her alone in her bedchambers would be wise, either. He nodded as Kien picked Glacea up and trotted behind the throne, where the royal records were kept. The door closed behind them. "Most books here are fanciful and won't be of use- things like gardening, maps, fiction..." His tassles bobbed as his head swept around. "Lie her on the duvet- there should be a pillow there. The books we're looking for... There aren't many. One listing births and deaths of the Navihielan royalty, one general history, and a few on the legends that surround our great land." He stopped in front of a tall, ornate shelf with few books on it, though all were well made and appeared to be bound in leather. There were a number of cushions and desks, spots for reading and resting. It was obvious that this was meant to be a place of peace and joy, and that a lot of care had gone into organizing the room. A carving of Articuno adorned the ceiling, watching over those who entered.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 02:40:18 pm »

Shugo took another swig from his glass as he watched Queen Glacea's moment, he narrowed his eyes, "Now, I'm not a doctor, but that does not look human." He muttered to himself, he set the glass on a nearby table and picked up another, following Glacea as she was escorted into another room. You have a connection to Atticus Flynn? How? He was a Chancellor almost 200 years ago...
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »

Kien started reading the only books that would actually contain legitimate information. And as he started reading, his eyes focused closer and closer on the words before him. The book of Legends mentioned unnatural longevity. The books of history only mentioned a few names. And the births and deaths of the royalties only listed three names.

"Fross the First. Fross the Second, and Glacea. These birth dates are so far apart..." Kien couldn't deny the facts. His assumptions were proven false in these records.

"203. What is her secret." Kein chuckled lightly. He then double checked the history to the dates. Both Frosts had unnatural deaths. Deaths at the hands of another. And Fross II died 33 years after Glacea's birth. Relatively young by these standards.

"Sage Archimedes wrote that the reason man doesn't age forever is that age has effects on the body that can affect even our basic facilities. Something always withers. Mind, body, spirit. Something becomes weaker. But that clearly doesn't apply quite the same in this case. Glaceon, when Glacea's feeling better, my best recommendation is that she seek out something related to her father or grandfather. She may have to leave the country for this, but her best bet is to find something like a journal or something like that. A personal log. Tell her that she has my aid if she needs it, but for now, you must understand, I left Agi Zeronia with important business to be resolved. My best wishes. I hope the good queen regains her health soon."

Kien then made his way out of the castle. Upon retrieving Saan, his mind returned to the home front. He had a plan on how to act, but it would require precision. Whe he made it back to his throne room, he finished up his plan.

That afternoon, shortly before the sun set, an old man left in the direction of Venoth, a Hippowdon drawn wagon full of fruit behind him.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 03:15:13 pm »

Glaceon's ear twitched at the entrance of Shugo, but he paid him little mind, instead listening intently to Kien. "So now you know. Very well, Sultan Kien Fien, I will advise her as such. I wish you safe travels."

As Kien left, Glacea stirred. She groaned and sat up on the couch, drained from her earlier ordeal. She looked at Shugo- her normal self entirely. She vaguely recalled the sensation of being carried and assumed that must be how she got here. "You're... Shugo, of Blazi, correct? How can I help you?" She also figured that whoever saw would have questions. She looked at her right hand. Blood was on the tips of her fingers. She rubbed them together, trying to piece together the disturbed memory of the past few minutes in her mind.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 03:42:09 pm »

Shugo blinked, examining Glacea all over, her right arm even more so, "You... Have a personal connection to Lejenda, yes?" He asked in a low voice, "Besides the obvious tension between your nations. You... Killed Chancellor Atticus Flynn?" Shugo widened his eyes a bit, staring intently into Glacea's ice-blue eyes, then sat beside her.

"That was almost 200 years ago, dear..." He whispered, "Tell me how."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:45 pm »

Glacea was impressed at how... charismatic the new world leaders were. He seemed warm, too, though she imagined that might be in part due to his being from a volcanic land. She smiled. "I do, yes. Our nations have warred since the beginning. We have both taken many lives from the other... Chancellor Atticus Flynn is but one of the lives that I have taken from them."

Glaceon wrapped around Glacea's legs, listening intently to the exchange. "How..? I'm guessing that you don't mean how I killed him." Her expression turned grim. "You're asking about how I've lived so long. I must warn you, though... You don't want to live this long." Her smile was sad, her expression worn. "Everyone you know, or care about, will die before your eyes." She moved the plate that guards her chest, and opened her robes, exposing the middle of her chest. There was a singular, large scar there. She waited for him to see, then replaced the plate and the robe. "My heart... it was nearly cut out of me as I slayed the Chancellor. Yet I live." Now, instead, she appeared gentle instead of intense. "I'm not human, you know."
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 04:21:10 pm »

"Miss Glacea... Of course people I love will die..." Shugo stood then began walking slowly around the room, "Many have. And I have no qualms with that, as I feel I was given a blessing that I was able to love them." He turned to a mirror, then narrowed his eyes at his own reflection.

"You've... Probably heard this a million times before from past rulers... But, I want to create a golden age." Shugo turned back towards Glacea, "But I cannot keep a golden age running if I were to meet my end at some point."

"I HAVE to live forever."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »

Queen Glacea sighed, bemused. "And assuming I even were capable of granting eternal life... and this isn't saying I am, mind you. Why would I make you live forever? What do I gain from helping you?" Contrary to what Shugo believed, he was the first to propose such a thing to her, or to even put the pieces together well enough to assume she might hold some great secret. It's not my fault that he doesn't understand the nature of my being, but I admit, I am curious as to what he intends. "Man was not meant to live forever, sir Shugo. So you'll have to excuse me if I'm reluctant to assist you."
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 04:46:17 pm »

Shugo smiled gently, he was not a man to smile often outside of the borders of Blazi, "I understand your hesitation well. Why aid a man you haven't met before in attaining a secret that may or may not even exist? Maybe I, as someone outside of the Navihielan royal family, am just putting assumptions together to fabricate some kind of master plan. Maybe you simply sprouted forth from the frozen Ether and assumed your position, and you're simply something else that, in nature, doesn't die."

Shugo leaned closer to Glacea, "But I'm a smart guy, and if my life has taught me anything-" He gave a more serious look, "is that things do not simply, not die."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 04:58:39 pm »

Glacea began to laugh. "You aren't too far off, you know." She paused a moment, still smiling. Her expression softened. "Maybe you, too, deserve to know the truth. My family was born of the blood of Articuno. The great Bird itself gave forth its blood and from that came the original four Navihielan royals. Of those four, only one pair reproduced, producing my father. And shortly after that, disease flew through my family and they were all dead, leaving naught but my father and I." She took a breath.

"From that, all of the members of my family not done in by the great sickness were slain by Lejendan forces. The reason I live is simply due to the fact that I have not yet sustained a wound great enough to end me in one fell strike. Does that count as what you seek?" She tilted her head, then smiled. She repeated her gesture from earlier, twirling her finger and allowing the diamond dust to fall to the ground, glittering as it goes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: