Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 07:03:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness  (Read 1859 times)
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »

Shugo followed the trail of Diamond Dust as it fell to the floor, "Articuno, huh?" He looked back at Glacea, "You... Produce Diamond Dust just as the bird does..." Shugo gently raised Glacea's left hand, showing her palm, it felt cold to the touch, but soft. He pressed his lips into the queen's palm, then pulled away, turned, and licked his lips. Hmm... Looks like the dust that was in the drink was more abundant than just the outside of her skin. It definitely has the taste. If the dust came from Articuno itself, it must be the secret to immortality.

He stood back up, in heavy thought, No... She said it was the bird's blood, and that she was created from it, rather than ingested it... Does her blood have the same quality? And does it grant a sort of longevity? Even if it did, I can't test that now, cutting her would ruin any sort of trust I built in the short moment I spent with her here.
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 05:45:29 pm »

Glacea had little taste for all the lips being pressed against her hands today. She rubbed her palm against the couch. Glaceon bristled at Shugo. "Milady, I don't think we should do anything about this. Especially seeing as how you've only just passed out." His expression was fiercely protective- not unfriendly, but drawing a line. Glacea shrugged. "There's no harm in discussion. You know my limits, dear Glaceon." She tucked her handkerchief behind her chest plate, and gave Shugo an interested look. She felt that Shugo was strange, yes, but she doubted that he would attack her with how intrigued he seemed.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 05:54:43 pm »

Shugo bowed, with his arms open to his sides, "I'm taking my leave, Queen Glacea, I doubt I'd be able to speak intimately with you if the good Sultan were to be present, seeing as you two must be well acquainted by now." He turned to the door, "Do look forward to another visit, though." And with that, Shugo left the room, into the ceremony hall, then out to his skiff, "We're leaving. I've a meeting to attend to."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:20:24 pm by REECHEE-aniki » Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 06:09:00 pm »

"Au revoir, sir Shugo." Glacea sighed. There would be no "next time", no "another visit". She was leaving the country. Glaceon looked up. "Milady, I know what you are thinking, and you have to be kidding me."

"And what do you recommend? That I go out into the main hall and face a Chancellor who is surely ready to take my life?" She seemed worn. "We need to take our leave through the back. We'll head out... Somewhere, there's a doctor, or a wise man who could help me. This can't wait, Glaceon, because at this point, all that will happen is that it will get worse." She grabbed a plain gray cloak and put it on, buttoning up the brass along the front. She leaned over the table, and put quill to paper, writing a note explaining that she has left. Once she was done, she took to the back door, through back corridors, and then to the cold. It would be too risky to take a sled, or a bird- she'd need to go by foot. She walked through the blizzard, her silhouette quickly fading into the horizon. She didn't know where she was heading, but she knew she had to go.
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 09:11:25 pm »

Before bowing out completely, Miles watched Glacea's "episode" unfurl with intense curiosity. It cost him a pair of pants and what would turn into a scar on his leg, but he was captivated by the monarch's breakdown. This was an unforeseen development to be sure. Perhaps Navihielo would be flying black and red sooner than expected. As the episode ended, Miles quickly backed away, taking another champagne flute filed with the beverage he quickly grew attached to. He drank it in a quick gulp and walked out quietly leaving the other dignitaries to handle the ill queen. Motioning to the Wyverns, Miles boarded Dragonite and they took to the skies.

As the dragon riders soared over the unfriendly skies, Miles smiled to himself, his long hair flowing behind him and the setting sun made him look quite sinister. He finally had an opening. But he could wait until he made it back to the office to start charting his offensive. For the three and a half hours that followed, Miles watched the sky and sea below him in a lull. He felt quite at peace at the moment. Things were moving ahead of schedule and they were looking to go quite well. The Sultan might be a problem though. The guerrilla tactics of the desert's warriors would prove to be an inconvenient obstacle for the tactical squads of Lejenda. Shugo of Blazi didn't seem to pose a big threat. Given the right incentive, he might even join him gladly. Roland was an idiot. There would be no fear of obstruction from him. He didn't see many other foreign leaders at the party. But then again, nations like Bonehollow, Tortuga, and Olympia weren't exactly superpowers. That was a good thing, Miles figured. They'd be easy to adopt into the new empire.

In this manner, the rest of the flight continued. When the finally made it back to Lejenda, it was early the next morning. He was tired. He would rest for now, but soon, it would be back to planning. He finally had his opportunity to strike. He wouldn't waste it. This chance only comes, oh... every 170 years?
Report Spam   Logged

Would it be wrong to make my sig, "The King is back!"?
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 09:30:27 pm »

The blizzard grew more fierce as Glacea traveled the barren plains, avoiding the one small mining settlement on her way. The sky may have been dark, but the lights in the homes and bars shined brightly, like stars on the earth. She stopped a moment and sighed, looking longingly at the lights. "I'm sorry, my people." Glaceon nudged her along. "Don't, milady."

Her gray cloak was whipped by the wind a moment as she stared, before they continued. Soon, the blizzards grew weak, before disappearing, the plains instead now wide and grassy, albeit still cold. Glacea knew now that she wouldn't be too far from the next nation's city. There, I'll seek help. Another half hour of walking, quickly and efficiently, led her into the heart of Featherland. Fortunately, not many people were out this late night, and she was able to make it to the home of Roland. She demanded of the guard to speak to him. Glacea was instantly recognizable as Queen of Navihielo.

"I have an important matter to discuss with sir Roland. Please."
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 11:51:32 pm »

A bell rang as Shugo's ship approached the Blazian harbor, announcing his early morning return.

"Aniki! Aniki!" a child called out as Shugo stepped off of the ship, "How was the party?"

Shugo smiled warmly, "It was nice meeting the other leaders and the Navihielans, I also learned something very useful, but the Navihielan Queen got very sick so the party ended." He pat the child's head then walked off, his smile vanished. Hmph... It's too bad that you couldn't be useful, Glacea, your current people shouldn't have to be subject to what's to come in their lifetimes.

"Sire. You're early." a Blazian soldier remarked, saluting to his king.

"I am. Say, tell me. What exactly is at the peak of our great mountain, again?" Shugo asked with a smirk.

"Um... The Shrine to Moltres, if I'm not mistaken, but I haven't seen anyone praying to it in any of the years I've been a soldier." the soldier answered, looking up to the mountain that was always in the Blazian background.

"That's right, good man, though, I think it's about time someone paid a visit to our fine bird." Shugo said, "You're dismissed, but first, tell my adviser's that I am taking a detour on my way to the castle."

"Sire!" the soldier saluted once again and was off. With a loud whistle, a fairly large Charizard hovered down to the ground in front of Shugo, "Aniki, good to see you, how was the ceremony in Navihielo?" the Charizard spoke.

"Boring as all hell. I almost wish I hadn't wasted my time. Almost." Shugo climbed atop the Pokemon's back and pointed at the mountain, "Glacea... She was definitely an interesting woman, did you know she is related directly to the Legendary Bird, Articuno? And as a result, she is unaffected by the ravages of time?"

"Is that why we are going to see Moltres?" Charizard asked, with a massive thrust of his wings.

"Oh, you can't read me like a book~?"
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 01:23:22 pm »

As the Skys of Featherland were often traversed for leisure and practice of the Featherland Sky Brigade, Roland heard word of the traveler from Navihielo near immediately. Navihielans didn't leave the country often, so he decided to greet his guest personally. Mounting the back of a Pidgiot, he and two members of the Sky Brigade flew out to where she was seen. They made a show of themselves, flying patterns in the sky. It would draw the eye of anyone in the area. And if it didn't, the part where they all crashed into each-other and landed less than 20 yards away from Glacea would at least draw her attention.

"Which one of you broke formation?" Roland said dazed as he stood, shaking off the dust.

"I think that was you sir." A nameless member of the Sky Brigade said.

"...oh." Roland replied with embarrassment. It was only then did he notice Glacea, clear his throat and try to regain composure.

"Queen Glacea? What brings you to Featherland? Especially so soon after that episode at your ceremony? Wait, don't tell me. It is in regard of Navihielo's lack of conventional medicine, isn't it?"
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2014, 06:04:18 pm »

Glacea didn't flinch, but she did turn her head as they tumbled to the ground. "So you were away still. That's beside the point, though- you're right. I want to know if you know of anything- any medicine, or knowledge, or anything of use. Navihielo would be in your debt." She looked at him, not much faith in him, especially after his little mess up with flying- his own element.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2014, 06:13:24 pm »

Glacea didn't flinch, but she did turn her head as they tumbled to the ground. "So you were away still. That's beside the point, though- you're right. I want to know if you know of anything- any medicine, or knowledge, or anything of use. Navihielo would be in your debt." She looked at him, not much faith in him, especially after his little mess up with flying- his own element.
Featherland was loyal to Legenda. And Legenda was never in good terms with Navihielo. But if Navihielo was indebted to Featherland, it could only mean good things for Roland. He had to keep his limitations, but this was an opportunity Roland couldn't pass up.

"Eh... well, aside from some more basic things like penicillin, the medicines here are somewhat limited. And to be honest, I've never seen anything like your episode back at the castle, so I'm not sure how effective it would be. I could offer you some transport across the land. One way trip wherever you think you need to go. But that's the most I really have. Tell you what, hop on Douglas's Fearow. We'll stop by the Parliament, I'll get you what medicines I can, and then we can get you on your way."
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2014, 06:38:58 pm »

A look of relief crossed Glacea's face as she nodded and grabbed her right arm. It felt solid, as it always had, the same muscles and bones as before. What had happened earlier? "That would be fine, thank you." She had no clue where she'd fly, or what she'd do once she got there. Her family before her left her nothing to figure out her path- at least, not in Navihielo. They'd had few true allies in the past, having not needed them, only needing trading partners. There were people they protected in the past, and lands they visited, but she had no clue where her father, or grandfather, could have gone. She shook her head and turned to Roland. "Lead the way. And please, do be careful, I'm not a fan of the idea of crashing."
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2014, 06:39:34 pm »

The beautiful thing about an empire was the information. As such, the Chancellor of an empire would have a vast network of information. Back in the days of Chancellor Flynn, Lejenda's spy network spanned the entire Serennes. Still, almost 200 years later, it was intact, with sleeper agents still loyal to the Lejendan authority. That was how Miles knew that Glacea had left Navihielo the day after her banquet. He had, if he recalled, three agents in the country. And fortunately, one of them worked as a Navihielan servant. Miles' Gardevior received a telepathic message within the hour and Miles couldn't have been more excited. Several hours later, he received another message. Glacea had arrived in Featherland. He didn't know why, but the matter itself seemed irrelevant. Roland was loyal to him. And he was also an idiot. Which also happened to benefit Miles' cause. It was really turning into a stellar week for him.

"Milton, fetch me a pot of tea, would you? I think it's time I had some guests," he called, that devious smile creeping across his face again.
Report Spam   Logged

Would it be wrong to make my sig, "The King is back!"?
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2014, 06:52:31 pm »

Roland and his Brigadiers flew Glacea to the Parliamant as quickly as possible, which was slower than normal since carrying more than one person on a bird made it dangerous to fly at top speed. Regardless, the group reached the building and landed safely on the roof.

"Now, Glacea. If you would follow me, I'll get you some food while somebody fetches the medicine." Roland led Glacea further into the building.

"I'm not going to deny that I'm curious about what happened back there, but quite frankly, I feel confident in saying your as informed as I. I mean, if you weren't, you wouldn't be traveling. You'd send somebody else to fetch what you need so you could stay at home and keep an eye on things. Or at least, that's what I'd do. So, where you heading?"
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 03:24:53 pm »

Shugo's Charizard hovered down to the lip of one of the caves that sprouted out of the volcano, crawling in and letting his master off, "Now, Charizard, I'll need you to stay out of the Shrine Room, but in the first instance you feel a situation occur where I could not handle it, come to me." Shugo told the Pokemon, walking into the room without hesitation.

Hm... Nobody's home yet... Shugo looked around the room, then towards the massive Blazian crest above a rock formation in the shape of a bird. He knelt down, closed his eyes and swung his arms out to his sides, then slowly moved them above his head and clasped his hands together.

"A human?" a loud, yet calm voice boomed through the room, which had now been fully engulfed in a bright light, rather than by the small flame that came from Charizard. Shugo smirked.

"A human is praying?" the voice wondered. Above Shugo, at the top of the room, numerous embers began swirling about, clashing with each other, sending sparks and flashes in every direction, becoming brighter and greater in number as they swirled closer until crashing into a center and exploding. In a blaze of glory, the shape of an enormous bird could be seen from within the flames, the bird hovered to the ground, letting out spouts of fire as it did. Its talons touched earth rather softly, with little vibration, but the ground still managed to become ripped beneath the bird.

"It has been nigh two centuries since my last visit, what do you want, boy?" the bird said, raising its head in an upstanding manner.

Shugo raised his head and opened his eyes, "Moltres, to be honest, I wasn't fully sure you'd still be here."

"You... You are the current king of Blazi, are you not?" Moltres asked, examining the man in front of him.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 05:52:30 pm »

"I've been around long enough to know that's the most convenient thing to do, yes. And thank you." Glacea paused, still unsure. "I'm not certain. Most of the lands that my ancestors associated with are long gone. I wish I knew where to go." Glaceon looked to Glacea. "We could go to Agi Zeronia. The good Sultan said that we were welcome anytime, did he not?" "Yes, though he is busy with his own affairs. We'll go to Venoth- my grandfather left a diary speaking of his life there. It's our best bet. Plus, they do deal in poisons, don't they? Maybe someone there would be able to help, even if they've lost the diary."

Glaceon nodded as Glacea tucked away the medicine and food offered by Roland. "Thank you, sir Roland, but now's time for me to take my leave. I don't know what's wrong with me, and I'd rather not risk being in populated areas for long." She led the Fearow to a safe takeoff distance and helped Glaceon up before they zipped off. On foot, the trip would have taken three or so hours, but on Fearow-back, it'd be an hour at worst. Soon, you'd be able to see the Fearow from the ground of Venoth.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: