Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 12:15:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARLORDS: The Fire of Darkness  (Read 1861 times)
Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2014, 09:03:51 pm »

It was around 11 o'clock when his guests arrived. The Chieftain of Bonehollow, the Apostle of Olympia, and the Jarl of Tortuga entered, all under dark hoods. They weren't exactly here on a sanctioned diplomatic mission and they also didn't exactly want to be there. As they were settling into the Chancellor's conference room, Prime Minister Roland bumbled through the doors.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm late. I had company this afternoon." He struggled to get the words out. The other dignitaries didn't look up. The kept their gazes close to the ground. Milton came over to pour Roland's tea and retreated again to the back of the room.

"It's quite alright my friend. We haven't even begun here," Miles answered, in a voice not his own. "Who, pray tell, came to visit you today?"

"Uh.. An... an old friend. From primary. Yes. Gl- Gary. Old friend Gary from primary." Sweat began to gather at Roland's brow.

"This...Gary. Does he happen to also be the Queen of Navihielo? Don't lie to me Roland. You're a terribly bad liar."

"I'm sorry Miles. She came un-"

"THAT'S CHANCELLOR TO YOU, YOU BUMBLING IDIOT!" Miles' scream echoed throughout the room and the rest of the palace.

"yes... yes Chancellor. I'm so sorry." Roland whispered.

Miles stood up from his position at the end of the table and walked up behind Roland.

"It's quite alright dear Roland. Relax. Relax, and breath. Breath. Sh. Sh. Sh. Don't struggle." Miles quietly slipped an Onix blade through this neck so that it protruded from his jugular. As Miles stepped back, Roland's gasping and bleeding body feel back. "Milton, remove this... roach from my presence. Now, let's discuss our Lord's plans for the future. Surely you've heard of Glacea's... episode?"
Report Spam   Logged

Would it be wrong to make my sig, "The King is back!"?
Queriter
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2014, 10:21:07 pm »

Nox left Somnus to his duties gathering the people. She expected him to complete that fairly quickly, as he was both efficient and fast. It helped that there weren't many people to round up. Once Venoth had been abandoned and left in ruins, a large majority of people had migrated out of the city. Those that remained either quickly perished, from starvation, illness, or something else of the sort, or formed their own small bands of thieves. It was not until Nox had begun to organize the factions that the remaining people of Venoth ventured outside of their small established groups. Since then, the population had begun to rise again, but the number of people who resided in the ruins of the city was still low, which was most certainly a good thing, considering Nox wasn't sure how everybody would be fed if there were any more hungry mouths.

True to her beliefs, Somnus was already there when she arrived at the Lorem Ipsum. Along with him were all the people of Venoth, milling about the common area.

"Somnus," Nox called quietly once she entered the building, one of the last few entirely intact ones.

Somnus padded over, directing them both towards a relatively empty corner of the room. "I imagine you were doing planning, yes? What have you determined?" he questioned, softly, but with an urgent tone.

"As always, there are only two ways into the city: by land and by air. No one would dare risk the swamps, so we've no need to worry about any entrance from there. I found three men earlier and had them report to sentry buildings. Any routes that can be maneuvered into the city can be seen by them and it is assured that there will be no surprise attacks. Should the nation seek to enter from the sky, the sentries will see them as well. Should we come under siege, we will at least be prepared."

Somnus nodded. "Good. I will arm the people and later post them along entrance routes. Am I correct in believing you will be assuming the position of sentry from the highest point?"

"Yes. And I hope you should join me once you complete your duties."

"Of course, Nox. Preparations should be complete within the next quarter hour."

"Excellent. I will inform the people."

Somnus nodded once more and took his cue, whizzing off to the weapons room so he would be ready for the influx of people. Nox, meanwhile, took her stand at the makeshift podium in the room.

Raising her voice, she addressed the crowd. "My people," she shouted, "I fear today we must prepare to fight a battle. While there is no guarantee of one, it is necessary we are armed and ready should there be one. If you will gather your arms, Somnus will then direct you to your posts. Be well and do not be afraid. Venoth stands strong!"

She knew they had questions. They always did. And, like always, they did not ask them. Instead, her short speech was met with loud cheers. It was nice to be able to address more understanding people.

She smiled then, a small quirk of her lips. They had not moved. She knew what they were expecting. The few sentences that she always said, whether they were preparing for a particularly large caravan attack, or she was just raising the people's spirit. "Let them attack! Let those 'strong' nations that abandoned our city so long ago to see us for what we truly are! Robbers! Highwaymen! We are theives, my friends!" Nox's voice rose to a deafening, triumphant cry, the people below her chanting along now. "But at least among thieves, there is honour!"

She left the building just as the first people with weapons were emerging. With a curt nod to them, she took off, quickly navigating the complex web of back alleys and side roads that lead to the highest building of the city. The ascent was quick, although working her way up the crumbling staircase always proved to be a challenge. Once she finally set foot on the rooftop, she sat-- waiting, watching. Somnus joined her several minutes later. Together, they silently surveyed both the city below them and the sky above them for any signs of incoming trouble.
Report Spam   Logged

-insert cleverness and wit here-
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2014, 10:25:16 pm »

The old man from Agi Zerona entered Venoth territory as the sun began to set. He and his cart full of mischelanious food slowly trekked across the land. He was walking the same route the caravan from Agi Zeronia had been walking when it had been ambushed and was on his way into a city.

"Well ol' girl. Looks like we're gonna make it." The man said in a shaky voice to his Hippowdon. "We should be able to set up by tomorrow mornin'."
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2014, 10:55:58 pm »

Shugo stood up, looking Moltres in the eyes then pointing in between, "You're going to make me immortal!"

Moltres blinked, then sat on the ground and rose its wing to prop its head up, "I have heard this before... How would you propose I do this?"

Shugo glared at the blazing Pokemon, "Of course I don't expect the Legendary Bird of Destruction to grant me eternal life." he wore a smug smile, "You're going to help me kill Articuno."

"If I could kill Articuno, would you not think he would be dead by now?" Moltres questioned, though thoroughly intrigued in Shugo's request, "But go on."

"Of course not, you can't kill him, and you wouldn't ask anyone to help you, but say I asked you to help me with it, you would follow me out of the kindness of your heart." Shugo said nonchalantly, "Still, even I don't know how to end that godly bird's life, but I'm sure Queen Glacea could help with that."
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Queriter
Lotadpole

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2014, 01:09:12 am »

Venoth had remained on guard for several days, but still no battle had arrived. The people were relieved; Nox and Somnus were wary. It took her a while before she allowed the people to return to the offensive, and that was only because their food supply had begun to run low. Luckily enough for them--almost too luckily, by Nox's standards-- a caravan made its way into the city before long. The sentry reported a caravan headed by an old man carrying a large amount of food. She would not dare kill someone so defenseless, and even Somnus agreed on that matter, however, she could not risk any details about the level of organization in the city or even allow him to see her features. She went alone, save Somnus. Following his example, Nox wrapped a long scarf around the lower half of her face, leaving nothing revealed but her eyes.
It took a mere few minutes to reach the man, and even fewer to plan.
"Halt!" Nox shouted before stepping out from the shadows, planting herself right before the man, Somnus beside her. "I wish not to hurt you, but I fear my stomach does rumble from hunger and what you have is what I desire. Leave the caravan here and continue on your way. I swear upon my honor that should you do so, no harm will befall you." A vague attempt was made at disguising her voice. She lowered it, yes, enough to sound masculine, but not as much as she usually did. Old men, she figured, did not have quite the hearing that it mattered so much.
Report Spam   Logged

-insert cleverness and wit here-
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2014, 06:14:02 am »

"So you do have heart." A far stronger voice than what previously was emitted from the old man said from under his cloak. The geezer then tossed aside the cloak revealing his true form. The Sultan of Agi Zeronia in disguise. Kien then quickly dashed and positioned himself back to back with Nox. This position was considered respectful among thieves for many reasons. It respected the secrecy of identity, and it ensured that if one thief were to try and betray the other, they'd have the time to react.

"When I heard you attacked my caravans, I was worried you were nothing more than a common bandit. I'm glad to see I was wrong. Although I am confused why you attacked them in the first place. If it was extra food, you could have contacted me and I could have arranged relief efforts. You have to understand, I have a soft spot for those in your situation. Being a former thief myself. Understand though, there are proper ways of doing this. You may have the wagon there, although it's got slightly less food than you think. My agent Lee was hiding inside in case things got to be a bit more hostile than this. Lee!"

A Lucario emerged from the wagon and sat on the Hippowdon's back in a meditative pose.

"Tell me miss, what is your name? And am I to assume that you are a common thief, or are you the leader of a band?"

Kien was relieved to see things going well so far. He was prepared to defend himself of course should things have gone wrong, but this was a far more ideal outcome.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2014, 01:14:21 pm »

As Glacea flew along, she felt a slight twang of guilt. "Fearow, I'm afraid you won't be returning home anytime soon." "I figured as much when we set off." A few flaps of his wings, the world silent to them aside from the sound of rushing wind and whistling feathers. "We will be arriving soon. I won't be able to continue this speed or altitude." "Very well."

It was obvious that they had arrived on the edge of Venoth- a dark and unnatural cloud hung over the land. Glaceon wrapped his dangles around his face and Glacea lowered the face cover of her hat. Fearow lowered some, now hanging just below the clouds. Glacea looked at the ground. Small groups of people, at most, could be seen about. She had never visited Venoth, even though it had been a nation for a long time- far longer than many of its neighbors. A solemn look crossed her face as she took in the obvious plight of the people below her. However, assistance would have to wait for another time- she needed to land, as the gasses above, even with her mask, were making her feel ill. She signaled to Fearow to begin his descent into the city. She had no clue who was in charge, or even where they might be, but she figured that she could walk. She recalled Fearow to his Pokeball. A bird of that size, especially on the ground, would only draw attentions. She removed her gray cloak and put it into a pack. Her royal garb would be key to her recognition in this land- she wasn't sure if the people here knew her face, but everyone recognized her clothing. Glaceon trotted alongside her, and they began to follow the small street.

---------

Back in Navihielo, Councillor Chael had discovered Glacea's note some time ago. He'd taken preparations to defend the land, and was forced to assume control of the Navihielan forces. He had a troubled look on his face, and sighed. Hours ago, after first alerting the troops, he set off for the sacred shrine to Articuno- the father of all Navihielo. He would need all the help he could find, and he prayed that Articuno would understand. His footsteps echoed as he stepped into the icy cavern. It was so difficult to find that even many Navihielans didn't know where the shrine was, and it was neigh impossible to see. He continued along the path, and eventually reached a small wooden shrine in a room covered in intricate carvings. Most showed the beginning of all time. It was, obviously, a very holy place. Three bowls were at the foot of the shrine.

Chael stepped up to the shrine and from his pack, he removed his offerings. The royal regional beverage, a hot soup, and a strip of freshly caught seafood were placed in the bowls. The room shook slightly, and a melodic call could be hear. There was a whistling of wind and feather, and blue glowing eyes appeared behind the shrine. The great bird first partook in the offerings, then turned to Chael.

"What do you seek, human?" Articuno stared Chael down. He shifted uncomfortably.

"Great creator, all-father of our proud race, our land faces troubling times. The Queen Glacea has left our land due to illness, and we are vulnerable. I beg of you, Articuno, to cure our Queen so that she may return to us in this time of need." Chael was desperate.

Articuno stretched slightly. It was strange to have anyone come, let alone with the proper offerings, and to then ask a favor. If a bird could smirk, Articuno would be smirking right now. He chuckled. "My dear child is not ill, human. I owe you no explanations. Return her to me, and I will make everything right again." Articuno wasn't known for being clear, but the way he was conducting himself was making Chael wonder.

"She's... she's not sick?"

"No, human. Now go." Articuno flew up and faded into the snowfall above the cavern, gone. Chael stood a moment, staring, before leaving the shrine and heading back to the castle. He had to find out where Glacea went, and that would mean using the Psychic Pokemon granted to their land to contact each other country until he found out where she had wandered. The Psychic Pokemon at the Navihielan castle was an Espurr, who had taken over for an elderly Kadabra in recent years. That was his plan.
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2014, 02:04:11 pm »

"Now then!" Miles assumed his chair and smiled widely, staring down the other three men in the room. "We do have business matters to attend to. Yes, yes, you harbor no ill will to the rest of the world, and you desire to have world peace as much as the next man, but unfortunately, those other men don't own your soul. We do." Those last words escaped like a satanic hiss, as Giratina assumed control of Miles body. His voice changed, his eyes turned pitch black, but his smile, oh that smile, that was unchanged.

"Apostle. Olympia's forces, do they stand ready at arms?" The hooded man simply nodded, his eyes still fixed on the tiles beneath him. "Chieftain, I assume Bonehollow's has it's forces prepared as always? Given that you barbarians are always at each other's throats." Again, just a nod. "A you, jarl of Tortuga. The warships are armed?"

"Yes m'lord. But do you truly beli-" Blood spilled from the jarl's mouth. He looked down at the kitchen knife embedded in his throat and back at Mile's black eyes.

"Tsk tsk... I didn't give you permission to speak. Let alone give me your opinion. No, no, you won't die. It's not your jugular. Just your larynx. You'll never speak again, but then again, that's not such a bad thing. I still need you as my puppet in Tortuga."

Miles stood up and proceeded to leave the room. "That's all! Back to your mundane existence. You'll know when we proceed."
Report Spam   Logged

Would it be wrong to make my sig, "The King is back!"?
RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2014, 08:57:52 am »

"My liege, you are back." one of Shugo's advisers leaped from his chair when Shugo walked into the room, "Are you unharmed?"

"Hm? Yes, why would I be hurt?" Shugo asked with a smirk, holding his head up high.

"Well, um, almost two hundred years ago, a man went to pray at Moltres' shrine and was burned alive..." the old adviser told, wiping a bead of sweat from his brow, "Though, no one can recall what he prayed for... To make a long story short, that was why no one was praying to Moltres."

Shugo blinked, his smile vanished and he stared at the old man confused, "Seriously? All I was told was that no one was supposed to pray directly at his shrine, and that was why I was still taught the movement for it... But, are you telling me that we abandoned our legendary bird for two centuries because some bloke was reportedly burned- in a volcano?"

The adviser scratched his head, "Now that I think about it, it does seem rather silly..."

"You people are morons, no wonder Moltres was so willing to hear me out..." Shugo slapped his forehead in frustration, "Oh well, I shouldn't be blaming Blazians of old, in fact, they helped make my plight a tad easier to pull off."

"Sire?"

"I- er, we Blazians, are going to save the world with the power of our legendary bird, Moltres!" Shugo exclaimed, seemingly legitimately excited. "Navihielo is still a problem, though, I believe another business trip is in order."
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: