Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 07:30:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Dawn Star Royals Thread

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawn Star Royals Thread  (Read 702 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2014, 06:40:09 pm »

Kloud and I have finally uploaded our first video, and with you guys watching us, we have reason to keep going. So watch the videos. Comment and subscribe. Drop a like. And click the adds because clicking the adds gets us money to play more games.

The Channel is here https://www.youtube.com/user/dawnstarroyals
Ignore the lack of art. We're working on that.

And the first video is Kloud playing Fire Red. Here it is.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:29:04 pm »

Metal Gear Solid Part 1 was reuploaded with a watermark. It's now here.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:30:22 am by PENGUINFIN » Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:15:25 am by PENGUINFIN » Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:33:53 am »

if you guys want to build up a fanbase, I suggest extremely new games. Usually if you do LPs before major people, or around the same time, people are likely to search up your video.

I made a skyrim video in February 2012, I got 2000 views in two weeks
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 10:04:25 am »

if you guys want to build up a fanbase, I suggest extremely new games. Usually if you do LPs before major people, or around the same time, people are likely to search up your video.

I made a skyrim video in February 2012, I got 2000 views in two weeks
I have two problems with that idea. Ethics and Finance.

Ethically, that's why the recent copyright BS is even happening. Also, Slowbeef and Diabetus, the creators of the art of LP, specifically outline the reasons not to LP a game that is less than two months old. It ruins the projects quality since if you get stuck, there's very little research that can be done, and it also ruins the market in that if LPs of a game like ZombieU were put out there immediately, then nobody'd buy the thing. Granted, it's a different animal for remakes (which is why I may do the HD FFx/X2 remakes)

Financially, it's less than feasibly. As much as I'd love to LP Dark Souls 2 when it comes out, I don't think I'll be able to afford it since I'm barely getting the first one tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:22:38 am »

I have two problems with that idea. Ethics and Finance.

Ethically, that's why the recent copyright BS is even happening. Also, Slowbeef and Diabetus, the creators of the art of LP, specifically outline the reasons not to LP a game that is less than two months old. It ruins the projects quality since if you get stuck, there's very little research that can be done, and it also ruins the market in that if LPs of a game like ZombieU were put out there immediately, then nobody'd buy the thing. Granted, it's a different animal for remakes (which is why I may do the HD FFx/X2 remakes)

Financially, it's less than feasibly. As much as I'd love to LP Dark Souls 2 when it comes out, I don't think I'll be able to afford it since I'm barely getting the first one tomorrow.
Who?

Sure it ruins things if you get stuck, but how often do you get stuck. You jump cut. Also, I don't mean like the first month, just as soon as LPs show up.

Youtube is going to remove videos old or new, didn't it just happen to your MGS video?

Most major companies don't actually care if you do LPs. EA, Square Enix, etc. Nintendo is the only big company known for hating LPs, in the defence of LP/Reviews, EA and Square Enix signed for LPs to stay the way there are. Its just youtube has a copyright bot doing that bullshit.

I have nothing to say about Finance, I guess if you can't, you can't.

But its very difficult to get LPs going now, since EVERYONE is doing it. No matter what you look up, what strategy you tried, soemone with 100,000 subscribers is doing it. If you want people to watch you are going to have to go the extra mile. Advertise up the ass to people, I only got ~100 views and I knew pretty mcuh every viewer. It's very hard, try looking for something extremely unique. Focus on stuff like Firered, MGS etc. later when you average about 1000 a video.

People like JWittz, AVGN, Spoon, uberHaxorNova, Tobuscus, Pewdiepie, Boogie/Francis, SolWolf, JonTron, Game Grumps, Bro Team etc. etc. (just random names, I don't watch LPs much) have done alot of stuff, your gonna have to research everyone and find what they aren't doing if you plan on older games.

Just saying for your benefit.

I personally gave up LP's for social reasons, people at school started saying how I made them, and I was attracting the crowd of people I can't stand.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:31:54 am by Steel » Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 10:34:15 am »

Who?

Sure it ruins things if you get stuck, but how often do you get stuck. You jump cut. Also, I don't mean like the first month, just as soon as LPs show up.

Youtube is going to remove videos old or new, didn't it just happen to your MGS video?

Most major companies don't actually care if you do LPs. EA, Square Enix, etc. Nintendo is the only big company known for hating LPs, in the defence of LP/Reviews, EA and Square Enix signed for LPs to stay the way there are. Its just youtube has a copyright bot doing that bullshit.

I have nothing to say about Finance, I guess if you can't, you can't.

But its very difficult to get LPs going now, since EVERYONE is doing it. No matter what you look up, what strategy you tried, soemone with 100,000 subscribers is doing it. If you want people to watch you are going to have to go the extra mile. Advertise up the ass to people, I only got ~100 views and I knew pretty mcuh every viewer. It's very hard, try looking for something extremely unique. Focus on stuff like Firered, MGS etc. later when you average about 1000 a video.

People like JWittz, AVGN, Spoon, uberHaxorNova, Tobuscus, Pewdiepie, Boogie/Francis, SolWolf, JonTron, Game Grumps, Bro Team etc. etc. (just random names, I don't watch LPs much) have done alot of stuff, your gonna have to research everyone and find what they aren't doing if you plan on older games.

Just saying for your benefit.
Slowbeef and Diabetus are the founders of the concept. You might know them better as Retsupurae. They are the mods on the LP board on SomethingAwful.

And with people like double and chimney out there, LPs are starting day 1.

And I removed the MGS video to try and counter the YouTube ID flag. It didn't work by the way so I'm just gonna ignore it and hope it doesn't happen again.

Nintendo actually dropped their BS because of fans raging against them, but it gave YouTube the idea and it's hard to counter without waiting two months or being a managed partner.

I plan on having the channel feature popular games. Not necessarily new ones, but titles that people have liked for years like Pokemon, MGS, and my plan for FFX.

I hate the people who's names I bolded by the way.

Also, we know we probably won't get super popular fast, but we're working on things. Once we have a few details of quality up (Proper channel art, ect) I have a friend who I'm hoping to beg for a plug.
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:41:10 am »

Slowbeef and Diabetus are the founders of the concept. You might know them better as Retsupurae. They are the mods on the LP board on SomethingAwful.

And with people like double and chimney out there, LPs are starting day 1.

And I removed the MGS video to try and counter the YouTube ID flag. It didn't work by the way so I'm just gonna ignore it and hope it doesn't happen again.

Nintendo actually dropped their BS because of fans raging against them, but it gave YouTube the idea and it's hard to counter without waiting two months or being a managed partner.

I plan on having the channel feature popular games. Not necessarily new ones, but titles that people have liked for years like Pokemon, MGS, and my plan for FFX.

I hate the people who's names I bolded by the way.

Also, we know we probably won't get super popular fast, but we're working on things. Once we have a few details of quality up (Proper channel art, ect) I have a friend who I'm hoping to beg for a plug.
pewdiepie is everything wrong with youtube.

Tobuscus is just annoying.

I just listed what youtube was suggesting for LPs
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 12:56:27 pm »

I agree with Zohaib.  Mix new and old together.

Doing new games does actually advertise them so companies that aren't silly actually like LPers
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 03:31:05 pm »

I agree with Zohaib.  Mix new and old together.

Doing new games does actually advertise them so companies that aren't silly actually like LPers
We do have plans to include new games once finances permit- but right now, this is just a hobby. We aren't doing it for attention/monetization/such (least, I'm not). Since I work a full time job already, I don't have a ton of time to record yet, and Kinfin's got college stuff and his own job too, so it's just one series at a time for us at the moment.

Still- what would you guys like to see for each of our next games we play? I'm totally open to suggestions for what y'all want to see :3
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 04:44:01 pm »

Personal plans for future projects.

Dark Souls Blind: Yes, I've decided to record my first play of it. I'll do up until the first bell of awakening just to make sure I know HOW to play, and then I'll break out the dazzle. Granted, it's not TOTALLY blind because I'm watching Lancun's Sunbro Sunday, but still.

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD. My favorite games ever are gonna be remade and I'm gonna play the hell out of it.

The Rest of the Metal Gear Solid series. Duh.

Random occasional Hearhtstone videos. Because I like Hearthstone

Binding of Isaac if I can figure out how to record it.

Spelunkey if I ever get good at it
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 04:52:18 pm »

You should try some Ys games.
On Steam there's:
Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys III The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin

I played the demo of Ys Origin and I completed both Ys I & II.
They are incredible games with perfect controls, nice story, awesome music, etc.

They are WAY in the shadows though. No one knows about these great pieces.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »

You should try some Ys games.
On Steam there's:
Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys III The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin

I played the demo of Ys Origin and I completed both Ys I & II.
They are incredible games with perfect controls, nice story, awesome music, etc.

They are WAY in the shadows though. No one knows about these great pieces.
Funny thing- I actually heard about those games a while ago and was considering playing them... xD Heard they're good.
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 08:11:16 pm »

Personal plans for future projects.

Dark Souls Blind: Yes, I've decided to record my first play of it. I'll do up until the first bell of awakening just to make sure I know HOW to play, and then I'll break out the dazzle. Granted, it's not TOTALLY blind because I'm watching Lancun's Sunbro Sunday, but still.

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD. My favorite games ever are gonna be remade and I'm gonna play the hell out of it.

The Rest of the Metal Gear Solid series. Duh.

Random occasional Hearhtstone videos. Because I like Hearthstone

Binding of Isaac if I can figure out how to record it.

Spelunkey if I ever get good at it
Dxtory...?
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 08:19:09 pm »

Dxtory...?
We have FRAPS. The problem is Isaac was coded in Flash. It doesn't use DirectX or OpenGL as far as I know.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: