Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 06:23:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Fire Emblem

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Emblem  (Read 139 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:34:44 pm »

The Fire Emblem series is a series of turn based strategy games set in a fairly medieval setting with some fantasy thrown in. While your character may sometimes appear (I'll go into that more deeply later), the games are more about the conflicts of a person (usually a prince or princess) getting involved in a war they didn't want anything to do with/to even happen. Couple this with the game's permadeath feature, and the presence of a class system and prominent weapon triangles, and you have the foundation for a great series of games that almost never made it to the west until Smash Bros got it popularity.

If you've never played a Fire Emblem game before, I'd personally recommend the newest game, Fire Emblem Awakening. With a casual mode which removes the permadeath, a more relaxed support conversation system, and the potential to grind infinitely if you know what you're doing, it's so far proving to be the easiest of the series. I picked it up earlier this week, and am enjoying it greatly. It's story is more gripping than previous handheld installments, and it's an all in all prettier game than anything except maybe the Radiance Duology. And with 50 dollars of DLC out there, and multiple different relationships your characters can create, its got entertainment that should last you a very long time.

If you aren't interested in it, or don't wanna drop the cash on a 3DS and the game, my next recommendation is Path of Radiance for the gamecube. Although at that point, the game is rare enough now where money is a moot point. With a very griping story, a simplified promotion system, and nicely made cell shading graphics, specifically the voiced cut-scenes, a new game plus mode that spawns special equipment, and a Set Level up system that makes leveling up consistent, rather than up to RNG, Path of Radiance is a very fun experience. I'd say look into radiant dawn also if you get it, but I never played that one myself so I can't suggest it.

And if you're looking to emulate and not spend a dime, and don't care if the graphics are worse, try Sacred Stones. With a little abuse of an arena that appears early game, and a very realistic potential for infinite grinding, it's one of the easier games a newcomer to the series could ask for. Just keep in mind that no matter what, you are the Random Number God's bitch. (Stupid cleric not gaining any magic stats after 12 fuggin levelups)
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: