Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:52:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Into Their World AU

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Into Their World AU  (Read 8777 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:06:53 pm »

The legendary Pokemon video game franchise garnered massive levels of popularity. Being piecemealed outside Japan after growing massively popular within, Nintendo and GameFreak made every intention to expand the series to astronomical levels. But as time passed, they kept on looking for the next step. Despite all the features added to the games, none of them had the full immersion that they strove for. That’s when they decided to create a digital Pokemon world run in Virtual Reality. With the intention of the final version of the product featuring every region in the series interconnected as they would be in the real world, and with a massive multiplayer layout that could make a Pokemon Society a reality, they first decided to test it on a small scale by inviting Beta Testers from around the globe. While the final version would have very few NPCs for the sake of maintaining the immersion, the beta that the testers would experience would be more preinhabited due to the limited number of testers. With months of programing and R&D invested into the project, it was finally ready for testing, and the applicants were reviewed and invited to the testing facility, and attached to the game, which was set exclusively in Sinnoh.

One by one, in response to adds on the internet, people signed up for the beta, and those who were accepted were flown out. With specific arrangements for the times made, each beta tester arrived to the testing site one by one and were rigged into their test rooms. With a surprisingly simplistic setup, the testers were placed in rooms that would accommodate false matter creations of the Sinnoh region and all who inhabit it. The world would be realer than ever imagined. And not one of the testers met each other. The purpose, so nobody in the test would know who was real and who was part of the program. With the safeguard activated, and their avatar designed, each tester was plunged into the Sinnoh region, all with different start points, their starter and Pokedex in hand.

Before the launch of the test, each tester was informed of a prize for their success. The first tester to successfully complete the championship battle would be given a ¥50,000,000 prize, and special perks when the game goes live. Competition and rivalry encouraged.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:22:41 pm by Kin Dandy » Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:18:48 pm »

The sound of waves hitting sand and a gentle breeze could be heard, as well as a groan. "What a headache... I guess that's fair enough, though." The tall, shapely woman sat up, shaking the sand from her honey colored hair. She looked herself over first, checking for anything awry, but found herself to look and feel much the same as she had when she arrived at the beta testing facility.

A look of awe swept over her face when she saw the sea and beach before her. It was beautiful- if she hadn't known better, it would have fooled her completely. Her jaw dropped a moment, but she was brought back to the non-reality when something bumped into her leg. "Twig!" She looked down, and saw a small green turtle. "A Turtwig, huh? You must be the starter they promised. Can I call you Cheeto?" The Turtwig was a bit pudgy... It smiled and nodded happily. Shelby patted the Turtwig on the head. "We should probably get a move on, time's a-wasting!"

The duo turned and headed north, as that was the only direction land was in. After a short walk, they arrived in Sandgem Town. "Quaint place."
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Shoubu wo... MONKEY nan da yo!
Lombre Legend

Kissu jya, JoJo de wa nai... KONO DIO DA!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:37:49 pm »

"Uuuuuoooooooooooooh!" Richie roared, though more of a growl, when he laid his eyes on the main page for the beta testing period of a "New Pokemon Game" that he had seen so many ads for recently, "I thought that was some sort of scam game, but it's on Nintendo's front page!"

"What are talking about?" Richie's younger brother asked with an arrogant tone.

"I'm talking about babies, and how many I've eaten live." Richie responded flatly, he glanced at his brother, "I'm gonna head out for a sec, if I'm not back for a few weeks, I'm playing Pokemon." He stuffed his laptop and a few notebooks into his bag, grabbed his phone and bolted.

"Well no shit, I was gonna tell them you were at Nathan's anyhow."

+++ Richie whited out +++

"Puuh! Hack!" Richie coughed as his eyes were pried open by the sun, "Shit... What?" Shading his eyes, he sat up, looking about his surroundings, "Did I pass out? Damn... I knew that 'New Pokemon Game' was just a shtick... Those crooks probably took all of my money, too."

He stretched, then patted himself down, feeling if he was missing anything, nothing gone, although he had gained something, a hard rectangle shape bulging from his back pocket, "Th' balls-?" Richie pulled the object out of his pocket, it was red and black, "A pokedex? Like one o' those toys I had as a kid? Hm... Weird, it has some weight to it."

Putting the Pokedex into his bag, he took a bit longer to examine the area, "Where-?" A flowery area, only a few houses, but the area was completely covered in varying colors of beautiful flowers along with the aroma of honey wafting through the air, "What the-?"

"Pip!"

"Eh?" Richie looked down to see a small blue penguin-like creature pulling at his pant leg, "AH! Mutant Midget!" He struck a frightened pose, although, he did not run, instead he fixated his eyes on the Piplup, who just stared, "Oh? You must be mine. Animals don't like my face so they usually run away if I happen to change it- WAIT- WHAT!? THAT WASN'T A DREAM!?"
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
lightball20
When in Higurashi always suspect your friends of wanting to murder you.
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 2666-1672-0114

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 07:39:43 pm »

Blinking open his eyes Michael weakly sat up holding one hand to his head. "Should have warned us about the head ache at the very least." He growled a bit, his eyes closing while he shook the pounding away.

Reopening his eyes he looks around gazing out at the open water and the cave containing Mesprit before him. "Geeze they really put a lot of work into the graphics. It looks so real." He whistles out, standing up to gaze out over the water before crouching down to place his foot into it. "Even feels real. If I wasn't worried about them not having the ability to swim programmed I would try and reach Mesprit's cave." He laughs out standing back up.

"Chim Chim come here!" He calls out looking over his shoulder at his starter Chimchar who was busy swinging around some of the tree branches before dashing over beside him and leaping onto his shoulder. "Well then we should probably get going to Sandgem so we can get some pokeballs." He grins walking off toward route 201. "Don't want anyone else getting a head start on me."
Report Spam   Logged

Chim Chim|Sparky|Mr. Fish|Dart|Horn|Sting
How come nearly every guy in this damn game, player or not, is absolute eye candy?!
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 08:07:41 pm »

Dylan was groggy and wiped out from the process. He was sitting against a building as his vision cleared. Then a man on a bike swerved around him, rudely shouting "Get out of the road, ya bum!"

"Oh yeah! Well screw you too buddy!" Dylan shouted as he stood. It was then that he started to look around, realizing where he was. The buildings were different than what he knew as common. There was a weird ass statue not too far. And the building he was leaning against had a red roof and Pokeball Logo on it.

"This is Eterna City. I'm in Eterna City. This is AWESOME!"

"Chimchar!" A plucky monkey with a fire on it's rear hopped up and down with Dylan.

"You! You're awesome too! I'm gonna call you Donnel. You gonna be by buddy?"

"Chim!"

From there, Dylan spastic ran around the city, making an ass of himself. Simply put, he looked like an idiot. But he was having fun.
Report Spam   Logged

lightball20
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 08:22:55 pm »

"Well then. That was fairly less annoying than in the games. Always seemed to encounter a pokemon every two steps on the first path." He laughed using the potion on Chim Chim that the woman from the PokeMart had given him.

"Well then I guess this is Sandgem Town." He grinned looking around at the few buildings in the town. "Ah and I guess she must be one of the other testers." He smiles seeing Shelby walking into the town from the south with Cheeto following her. Doesn't seem like one to be violent so might as well introduce myself.

"Want to go meet another person Chim Chim?" "Chim! Chimchar!" He laughs, while walking up to Shelby. "Hello there, since you have that Bulbasaur 2.0 following you, I take it your another beta tester? My name is Michael." He smiles holding out his hand toward her.
Report Spam   Logged

How come nearly every guy in this damn game, player or not, is absolute eye candy?!
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 08:30:49 pm »

Shelby was headed towards the Pokemart when Michael walked up to her. She regarded him carefully for a moment before accepting his hand. "You assume correctly, Michael." She ended the handshake. "My name's Shelby. I'd prefer it if we could skip battling, at least for the moment- the beta just started, and I'd like for us to have more Pokemon at our disposal before any brawling." She wasn't exactly looking for companions- but she wouldn't force amiable people away, either. She gave a small smile.

The money's mine, though. I'm not here to make friends.

"I'd love to hang around, but you know, time is of the essence and all. I'm going to do some shopping, then I'm out of town. You're welcome to tag along if you'd like." It was an offer without any sort of obligation, and Shelby walked into the Pokemart. It was obvious that she wasn't trying to be rude, rather, she was hurried and seemed to want a good headstart.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 08:41:01 pm »

A lovely woman sat at a desk in the Jubilife Pokemon Academy. Taking notes on a variety of subjects, Piplup by her side. She was approached by a number of people asking her questions about what she was doing there, but she remained silent. When she had a full assortment of notes, she stood up and walked out, again, in silence.

"Piplup, for now on, you shall be known as Soichiro." When the woman smiled, it only drew attention from passersby. But she ignored everyone.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 08:48:39 pm »

"Oh, wow, the Team Galactic goons aren't here yet. Are the events timed in here? If so, that's some witchcraft and I love it!" Richie laughed in sheer joy, after a few seconds, he stopped then looked at his palms, "I can't even tell I'm in a game. They duplicated my skin perfectly, all the way to the scar tissue... This is some Sword Art Onli- No!" He looked about frantically as he recalled the Anime, "No flying robe man. No Teleportation to a coliseum. I think I'm good... For now."

Richie made his way to the Pokemart, buying a few Potions for his Piplup, not buying any Pokeballs as he was given some as he was entering the game, "Now... Heh, to the honey, without those blokes I can take as much as I please without interruption."

"Piplup!" Richie's companion quacked.

"Wait- first I think we should train and pick up a mate don'tcha think?" Richie asked Piplup, walking towards the southern entrance of Floroma.
Report Spam   Logged

"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
lightball20
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »

Michael smiles and laughs. "Fine by me. Wasn't planning on fighting you anyway. No point wasting time fighting each other and letting the others get ahead of us now is there?" He grinned as he followed her into the mart.

"Well Shelby I guess we will be traveling buddies for a bit. You seem to know what your doing so my guess is we will both be taking basically the same path. Might as well have some company till we get used to the system better and get some more pokemon." He shrugs buying up some pokeballs and a few potions as well. And might as well keep my eyes on at least one of the competition.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 09:15:33 pm »

Shelby purchased her usual grab at the start of a game- some Pokeballs, a few Potions, and some Antidotes. "Sounds fair. Are you going for the prize as well, or just here for fun?" She wanted to cut to the chase. "I don't mind competition, but I just want to be sure where we stand." It came across more as honest than as menacing. She nodded to the door. "We can talk while we walk."

Shelby was more relaxed than anything else- she had an air of calm about her as she inhaled the sea breeze one last time. "Mmmm." She looked north. "I'm going to catch a few things." She dashed ahead, into the tall grass, laughing the entire way. Cheeto panicked, being slower, and ran after her best he could.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »

Dylan and Donnel had tired themselves out with their running. Just being in this world felt great. Like everything was all for you. A woman in a green tunic and brown shorts walked out of the building he had stopped in front of.

"Wow. You're a fireball, aren't ya? Just like your Chimchar. I respect that. Hey, how many gyms have you battled so far?" The woman said in a cheery tone.

"Gyms... oh, right... I haven't... battled any yet." Dylan said as he caught his breath.

"Really? Huh, then I'll be your first. That'll be a nice change of pace from Roark's Hand Me Ups."

"Wait, now? I haven't actually battled anyone yet." Dylan was worried he and Donnel wouldn't have any synergy as a team.

"If that's the case, then my gym's perfect. Fight a few of my girls along the way to warm up, then you and I can have a go. It'll be one on one matches since it's just you and Chimchar. I'll bet you my spare bike you don't pull it off in one try." Gardenia had a teasing tone to her voice.

"Oh, in that case, you're on. I'll be right back." Dylan made a mad dash to the mart to stock up on supplies so he'd be in good shape for the battle.
Report Spam   Logged

RIIKYUUUN~<3
Lombre Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 10:03:26 pm »

"Crap." Richie sighed, standing next to Piplup and his new partner, Geodude, "I forgot about this part... Rock Smash." He pressed his hand against his face before turning to his team, "We're gonna have to duke it out with Roark a bit later, chums, at least not until we get to Hearthome." Piplup and Geodude shrugged, not making much of Richie's disdain, following him out of the cave and back to Floroma.

"Hm... Do I just skip along passed the Valley Windworks event? Or is that for the people who actually follow the games and start in Twinleaf or whatever, Littleroot? I dunno. C'mon guys, to space- I mean, Eterna!" Richie swung his arm to the eastern exit of the town, "Beh, I wanted to actually do that event, though, y'know, I mean- it isn't the first time you meet Team Galactic, I think, but it's cool because you get to fight the first of the Galactic Commanders, Mars."

"Geo." Geodude grunted, as if trying to affirm Richie.

"Heh, sorry for chatting your ears off, guys, when I was a kid I did a lot of talking to myself, so when I have the chance to talk to someone, especially someone who just wants to hear me, it makes me feel like I'm not... Boring. I guess you could say." Richie smiled a bit, making his way to Eterna Forest.
Report Spam   Logged

lightball20
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 10:15:36 pm »

Laughing at her Turtwig, Michael leaned over whispering into Chim Chim's ear before the monkey jumped off his shoulder and ran up to Cheeto and began teasingly running circles around the far slower pokemon.

"Anyone who isn't here for the money is a fool. You can have all the fun you want in live but you only get one shot at the money." He laughs as he runs up to Shelby before pulling out his Pokedex. "ARC which Pokemon are in this route?" He grins down at his pokedex as it powers on. Pokemon available are: Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, and Shinx the pokedex reads out aloud.

"Oh nice. Chim Chim enough playing with the slowpoke. See if you can find a Shinx in the grass." He laughs running around in search of one of the electric pokemon.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:17:11 pm by lightball20 » Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:01 pm »

Dylan knew that Gardenia's underlings were taking it easy on him, but he got the hang of things fast enough. The Pokedex started to act up when the battle started. It showed the Pokemon's good ol HP bars on it's screen, but when you looked up, things were a lot different. The Pokemon were moving around each other, dodging and having to time their attacks. It was like Pokemon the RPG met with an action game and had a beautiful baby. In a few rounds, Dylan was face to face with Gardenia.

"Since this is your first gym, and since you only have that Chimchar, I'm only going to use one Pokemon. But I'm not holding back. Just because I'm lowering to meet you doesn't mean I'm not making you work for it. Let's go Roselia!" Gardenia threw her Pokeball and the rose Pokemon stood before them.

"I never realized how tiny those things were. No matter. You know what to do Donnel."

The fight was surprisingly epic for the low level battle that it was. Chimchar and Roselia were pretty speedy for that rank. Even worse, they were in a race of time between Roselia being burned by Ember, and Donnel being poisoned by Poison Sting.

"Looks like I've got a slight upper hand. But don't feel bad. Lots of people loose to me." Gardenia was cocky.

"Well, I'm not one of them." Dylan said with a grin. He ran in and slid past Donnel, spraying some Potion on him.

"Hey, that's cheating!"

"All's fair in love and war. And this is war. Donnel, Ember!"

Cinders erupted from the Chimchar's mouth. The burns both standing, and new were too much for the Rose Pokemon to bare and it fell in pain. Gardenia rushed to it's side, trying to tend to it's wounds. Then Dylan stepped up and spritzed on some Burn Heal, supprising Gardenia.

"Well. Looks like you earned this one. Good job Emo Kid. Just kidding. Here's the Forrest Badge and a Badge Case!"

Triumphant, Dylan strutted out of the Gym, new bike in tow. But he didn't just skedaddle off. He decided to stop at the Pokemon Center. After all, VR or not, he was hungry. When he sat down, he overheard some people talking about new renovations to a building just north of the center. Apparently, it had been bought out and was being modified.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: