Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 10:21:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Into Their World AU

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Into Their World AU  (Read 8810 times)
Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:55 pm »

Ian fell back into the grass, too dizzy to stand up without help. "Man, that was weird. I feel like I just got off the Tilt A Whirl after two hours." After regaining his senses, he managed to pick himself up with the help of a nearby tree. "I can't I'm actually in the game. It's incredible. Everything looks so real. I wish I had brought my camera with me." Ian started to walk forward when he felt something pull on his pants leg, holding him back. "Huh?" Ian turned and looked down and saw a Turtwig.

"Turtwig!" It barked, releasing Ian's leg.

"Oh wow, a Turtwig." He bent down to examine the starter pokemon. "Unbelievable. You look so lifelike." Ian extended a hand and rubbed Turtwig's head. When he touched the sapling on it's head, Turtwig head-butted his hand, not liking it's sapling to be touched.

"Turtwig!" It barked again, this time nudging a pokeball towards Ian.

"I get it. You're my starter pokemon than?" Ian asked the small pokemon. It nodded its head. "Than let's get going. I intend to see everything I can here while I'm playing the game." Ian started walking down a path, only realizing after he started that he had no idea where he actually was. "This could be a bit of a problem. I don't really know where we are." While thinking about where he could be, Turtwig bit his pants leg again, trying to get his attention.

"Turtwig!" The pokemon barked. Ian turned towards where Turtwig was motioning and found a sign.

"Nice sleuthing Turtwig. Let's see what it says." Ian walking to the sign. It wasn't a very detailed sign. All it said was Sandgem Town with an arrow that pointed to the right. "Sandgem Town huh? I'm pretty sure there's a Poke Mart there. Let's go stock up on supplies." Ian took off, sprinting down the road until he noticed Turtwig was falling behind. "You're not very fast huh Turtwig. Ah well. We can take our time." Ian's sprint turned into a slower jog, and with that the two make their way to Sandgem Town.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 02:27:11 pm »

The facility seemed oddly clinical for something that was supposed to be a fun video gaming place.  Aryeh shrugged it off and decided it was time to get started.  A couple of workers strapped him into the virtual reality pod.  He was pretty stoked considering it was pure luck he was selected to Beta Test the new Pokémon.  It was the Sinnoh Region so he knew his way around that region, but this was a new gen so it wouldn't be exactly the same.  The pod closed over him and he closed his eyes, drifting into unconsciousness.  A small beeping sound occured as his subconscious floated into what was like another world and he questioned if this was supposed to be normal.

What was instantly later felt like it had been all night as Aryeh awoke in the middle of the fields of the Floaroma Meadows.  The flowers looked lifelike.  It was an amazing sight to see the sunny Sinnoh Region as if the Pokémon World was completely real.  Aryeh felt a tightness around his arms, as if the straps were getting tighter.  He didn't see the straps in the game but felt them on his real body.  Over the next minute, the feeling left as he was totally plugged into the game.  He no longer was in the real world.  Aryeh quickly contemplated the physics behind that, but then decided to check the backpack he now was wearing.

Five empty Pokéballs, five Potions, two Antidotes and a Paralyze Heal.  Basic supplies for sure, but enough to get started.  Aryeh then noticed he was wearing a belt.  He didn't normally wear belts but this was a belt for Pokéballs.  A Pokéball was firmly attached in one of the slots.  Aryeh pulled out and pressed the button in the middle.  Out popped a small green turtle like Pokémon.  Aryeh was pleased that his request for Turtwig was granted and they didn't make a mistake that ended up with a sucky Chimchar or anything.  Turtwig was awesome and seeing his new partner in person was brilliant.

"Brilliant" Aryeh surmised.

Aryeh walked along the fields towards the exit, Turtwig happily hopping alongside him.  The whole experience was surreal but Aryeh was sure he'd get used to it in a couple days or something.  Floaroma Town was a great start for the game, still at a fairly early point in the Sinnoh Region.  Aryeh still had a bunch of questions to ask.  How were the NPCs?  Apparently the artificial intelligence was very good.  How good?

Of course the first order of business was a battle.  You can't play Pokémon without battling something.  Itching to fight, Aryeh rushed into the nearby tall grass outside the town.

"Ok, my Turtwig; we will fight anything between here and down to Oreburgh City and the Gym" Aryeh explained; Turtwig nodded in understanding, something that made Aryeh wonder how talking was recognised by the beings in this game.

It wasn't long before wild Pokémon appeared.  Turtwig took them out without much effort considering it was a starter Pokémon and the levels seemed to scale with how it was doing.  Finally the two of them made it to Oreburgh but a bunch of Wilds were not enough.  Aryeh had to find some NPC Trainer to get better EXP before entering the Gym.  The Cranidos that he knew the Gym Leader would likely have was going to be tough if Turtwig's level was low, even though Grass was the effective type.

"Alright, let's get to it!"

+++

"Thank you for the oppurtunity" Donovan smiled to the workers at the Pokémon facility.

A businessman like him had pulled an awful lot of strings to get into the Beta testing for this game.  Donovan wasn't really a fan of the games before, but he had decided to learn a lot about it when he discovered that it would the host to virtual reality; something that Donovan wanted all the information on as he could find.  This was a way for Donovan to use the knowledge he gained to make as much money as possible.  He was strapped into the game and smiled; he knew what was coming, but this was his big break.

The shores of Route 213 outside of Pastoria City had a fresh ocean breeze that felt real.  As the last vestiges of the real world passed through Donovan's mind, he found himself awake in this new world.  He took in the sights for a moment and laughed.  It was a real shame he wasn't going to play by the rules.  The game looked fun but the end justifies the means and if he had to mess it up a bit to gain the secrets he so desired, then saccrifices would have to be made.

Donovan released the Chimchar from the Pokéball attached to his belt.  Strong offensive stats.  He wanted to crush any trainer in his way quickly so he could be strong enough to handle what he needed to do.  He had to get deep into the game to find the coding so learn its secrets.

+++

Underground, a small pixel was out of place.  A second later it was two pixels.  Then three.  It whirred and glitched before it was a whole mass of weird pixels.  Some of them then formed into what was the shape of a couple of people, but without any features.  A basic face appeared on the people without any emotion.

"Seek and destroy."
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 02:37:26 pm »

Shelby nodded. "Honest man. I like that." She gave him a teasing smile before walking back over. She had managed to capture a Shinx, which she named Simba, and a Starly, which she named Winter. She really did appreciate Michael's honesty. "Maybe you aren't half bad." She commented. "I'm going to head on along- battle a bit, then go into town. I'll meet you at the Pokemon Center!"

Shelby arrived in Jubilife City without breaking a sweat- as someone who's played the game this was based on dozens of times, she had a way of going about her business that took little effort and reaped great reward. Plus, she didn't want to let Michael get a lead on her. He seemed nice enough, but she wasn't about to have him pull ahead because she was sticking with him. Companion, not a friend. You aren't here to make friends, don't forget that. Her expression was a bit glum at the thought, but Simba bumped his head into her. He was currently at the head of her party, and he was fluffy. Tough and cute- it was no wonder that Shelby had him out. The city was sprawling- she looked around. A school, the Pokemon Center, clowns....

"Oh goddamnit, I forgot the clowns...." She moaned. "They're a lot creepier in person...."
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 02:43:48 pm »

"Harlequins actually." Ran said as she walked up to Shelby. "A bid different. Harlequins are more vocal entertainers. Ran, pleased to meet you." Ran spoke with a certain level of elligance, as if she were on stage.

"I take it you're a new trainer. Given the company you're keeping. But you also seem acquainted with this city. I suppose you won't be staying long. Off to Oreburg to compete in the League."

Ran had withdrawn Soichiro for now, mostly to remain inconspicuous. Piplups stuck out like big blue sore thumbs.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 02:53:10 pm »

Shelby raised an eyebrow at the newcomer. I'm popular today. "Shelby, same. New to this, but not to Pokemon." She glanced Ran up and down, same as she had Michael, and felt almost inadequate in her midst- beautiful, even by her standards, and obviously she had some level of experience. She didn't recognize her as being from the game, but she wasn't sure if she was a player or not, either. She shifted, uncomfortable.

"Yes. Unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a rush to do so. And what about you? Where are you headed?" Shelby didn't want to be rude, but it was obvious that she wasn't planning on sticking around too long. Simba wrapped around her leg, and glanced up at Ran with wide eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 02:58:49 pm »

"Well, as it so happens, I'm heading in the same direction. I suppose I could go elsewhere, but there's not much else to do right now. The cave to Floroma town is blocked off, the waters to Canalave are too turbulant without a Pokemon's assistance. Nope, It seems Oreburg is the only place worth going from here. If you don't mind, I'd like to study you. If you're new to the area but not to Pokemon, you must be a expert starting from square one again. I'd love to see your technique." Ran's tone was respectful, but not in a way that lowered herself. More close to an equal tone if anything.
Report Spam   Logged

lightball20
When in Higurashi always suspect your friends of wanting to murder you.
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 2666-1672-0114

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:54 pm »

"Fine with me see you later then." Michael called out as Shelby walked off to catch some pokemon before he heard a Shinx call out near Chim Chim's location. "That was fast" He smiled rushing off to capture the Shinx, quickly subduing it and calling it Sparky.

"Well that was a fun training session but I think you two need to be rested a bit. Then we can go get a Magikarp once I get a fishing rod." He smiles down at Chim Chim and Sparky the monkey happily riding on the back of the Shinx as it walks proudly around. Finally entering the town he sees Shelby talking to Ran.

"Well I see you are making friends even with the NPC's aren't you Shelby?" He laughs as he passes her by to the Pokemon Center. "Keep talking to everyone of the NPC's and I will pass you by and win that money." He teased her playfully.
Report Spam   Logged

Chim Chim|Sparky|Mr. Fish|Dart|Horn|Sting
How come nearly every guy in this damn game, player or not, is absolute eye candy?!
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 03:27:19 pm »

Shelby's gaze snapped back and forth between Ran and Michael. In the end, her uneasiness about Ran had her running after Michael, into the Pokemon Center.

"Wait up! I... Um, I'd feel a bit more comfortable if we stuck close for a bit." She whispered into Michael's ear, after they had entered the Pokemon Center. "That lady wants to study me." She was making little sense, but was obviously a bit creeped out. "Plus... I don't like clowns." She looked down, at Simba, returning him to his ball and placing her Pokemon to be healed.
Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »

Ian finally arrived at Sandgem Town, with Turtwig on his back. About halfway through their jog, Turtwig fell to the ground, exhausted. Not wanting to waste any time, Ian scooped up the pokemon and put him on his back. "Finally we're here. Man Turtwig, for such a small pokemon, you're really heavy." He said, stretching.

"Turtwig!" The pokemon barked, softly tackling Ian's leg.

"Hey wait. Why didn't I just call you back to your poke ball?" Ian asked himself as he stood outside the pokemart. "I should do that now." Ian tried recalling Turtwig, but the pokemon jumped out of the way from the beam.

"Turt!" The pokemon growled, not wanting to go back in the ball.

"Okay, okay! You can stay out of your poke ball. But I'm not gonna keep carrying you like that. My back'll give out if I do." The pokemon nodded, agreeing to his terms. The two walked into the pokemart. Thankfully, the creators of the game had given him 3000 pokedollars. Ian had enough to buy 12 pokeballs and a potion, also receiving a premier ball as a bonus for purchasing 10 pokeballs.

"All right. We're good to go. We should go train Turtwig. That way we can prepare for the first gym." Ian and his pokemon walked outside the shop. As they walked to Route 202, Ian considered something. "You know, I feel like we should have seen another player by now. I'd assume they would've dropped us off at the same place. Maybe they're ahead of us, no doubt trying to get the prize money."

"Turtwig?" The pokemon was unsure what his trainer was talking about.

"No doubt they want the money. People can be greedy at some times. I mean, sure 50 million dollars is nice, but how can you go into a virtual world just for money?" As Ian was talking to himself, he didn't even notice the pokemon in front of him until he tripped over it. "Ow. What was that?" He flipped himself over and saw a Bidoof, looking a little mad.

"Bidoof." It growled, looking at Ian and Turtwig.

"A Bidoof? No problem. We can handle this." Turtwig jumped forward, ready to battle the wild pokemon. That's when three more Bidoof appeared from a nearby bush. "Oh boy."

It took a bit, and Turtwig took a pounding but they finally managed to get defeat the Bidoof. "Man, that was crazy. You must be pretty tough to take out four Bidoof on your own." Ian said, petting Turtwig's shell. "But you're hurt. I had hoped we wouldn't have to use the potion so soon, but this is a bit of an emergency." He sprayed the pokemon, restoring its health.

"Turtwig!" The pokemon jumped, happy to be at full strength again.

"Hey look. It's Jubilife City. We can get a Poketch there. That will definitely be useful here. Let's go." The two ran toward the city, finally reaching the city after about ten minutes of running. It was huge!

"This is incredible. It's bigger than New York City. Well, maybe not. But it's pretty damn close." Ian said, looking around. "Anyway, if I remember correctly, we're gonna have to find three clowns and answer their questions. And considering the size of the city, that could be a tad difficult. The Pokemon Center's around the corner from here. How about we go to the Pokemon Center before we start our search?"

"Turt." Turtwig barked, agreeing.

"Cool. Let's go." The two walked down the street, not wasting any time.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 03:36:26 pm »

"... that was an overreaction. Note to self. Use less intimidating terms when trying to make associates." Ran jaunted around the town before making her way to the Pokemon center, addressing Michael and Shelby.

"I realize perhapes I caused you undo uneasyness, so I decided to rectify the situation by fetching a Poketch for you and your friend too. I didn't know if you'd prefer the blue or pink models, so I just went with the basic whites."

Ran was determined to go with these two. Shelby more so than Michael, but still.
Report Spam   Logged

lightball20
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 03:43:28 pm »

"Fine with me like I said good to have some company for a while. And. Scared of clowns? I would think the big scary pokemon would be scarier than a clown would be specially since it would be easier to beat up a clown with your own pokemon." He laughs teasing Shelby as Michael returns his pokemon to their pokeballs to be healed before going to get some snacks to eat.

"So if you are scared of clowns how do you plan to get the Poketch? You would still have to talk to them I believe even if your with....." Michael trailed off seeing Ran coming up to them and offering a Poketch to them. "Well thanks um. I never caught your name, but thanks for the watch." He said slowly remembering what Shelby had said to him about the woman as he eyed her up and down suspiciously. "You one of the other beta testers miss? You don't act like an AI but your speech seems to be similar and you don't have a pokemon following you like we have."
Report Spam   Logged

How come nearly every guy in this damn game, player or not, is absolute eye candy?!
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 03:56:40 pm »

Shelby switched Simba out for her Starly, Winter, when her Pokemon were returned. The bird rested on her shoulder. She was trying her best to disregard Michael's teasing, her face reddening some, but when she turned around and saw Ran had followed her, she dropped any irritation at Michael and hung close to him.

"Thank you. Michael, this is Ran. Ran, this is Michael." She said nothing else, wanting to let Michael provide a cross-examination of sorts. She wanted to watch how they interacted. She wasn't sure what, exactly, Ran's motives were, but considering the large stakes, she also knew that violence or backstabbing wasn't out of the question, and she also knew that there was strength in numbers. And with Michael by her side, that made two against one. Shelby was a paranoid person, but that didn't mean she wasn't hopeful that Ran was just a strange person or NPC who was friendly.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 04:13:05 pm »

In order to find some trainers, Aryeh passed through Oreburgh Gate and into Route 203.  Finally he saw an NPC Trainer waiting around.  He approached the trainer, wondering how a trainer Pokémon was going to work out.

"You've locked eyes with another Trainer, we have to battle" said the Trainer, a youngster.

"Fine by me, let's see what you got" Aryeh smiled; it was fairly awkward since the person wasn't entirely real yet seemed so real.

The youngster threw out their Pokéball and send out the Fighting Pokémon Machop.  Aryeh send out his Turtwig.

"Turtwig, use Absorb!" Aryeh instructed his Pokémon; the Turtwig listening before sending out a small seed that sucked a bunch of health from the Machop.

The Machop responded with a Low Kick, hitting Turtwig by not too hard.  Turtwig bounced back and continued with the assault of Absorbs until Machop finally fainted.  The trainer was defeated and Aryeh was victorious.  The Pokédex that Aryeh had been equipped with beeped as Turtwig learned Razor Leaf.

"It still needs a couple more levels.  Maybe it's time for some backup" Aryeh said to himself "I've still got these empty Pokéballs."

Back into the grass, Aryeh searched for more wild Pokémon to fight.  Bidoofs weren't good enough, Aryeh needed a Pokémon with lasting potential.  Then a Starly appeared.

"That's more like it!  Turtwig, use Razor Leaf and weaken the Starly!"

Turwig shot forth a barrage of leaves at the Starly.  Starly zoomed towards Turtwig and used Tackle.

"It isn't strong enough to use a Flying move yet" Aryeh realised "That means I don't have anything to worry about.  Turtwig, use Absorb and wittle it down!"

Turtwig sent out the Absorb seed again and brought Starly to low health.  Aryeh figured this was the right time and chucked a Pokéball.  The Pokéball wobbled on the ground a few times.  Then it clicked; success!  Starly was captured, but it wouldn't be the most useful thing in the Rock Gym.  Though once it evolved, it would do great in the next Gym which was Grass.  Thinking ahead would pay off.

Aryeh spent the new few minutes taking out more wild Pokémon.  Turtwig was Lv15 and Starly was Lv10.  Not the highest but after the Gym Trainers, Turtwig should hopefully be ready to fight the Gym Leader.  He walked back through the gate into Oreburgh City and headed to the Pokémon Center to heal up his Pokémon, ready for the next fights.

A girl sat in the center watching him intently.

"Where are all these people coming from?" wondered the girl "A whole bunch of new trainers who never existed till today as if by magic..."
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 04:22:31 pm »

"Quite honestly, I find it odd that you keep your Pokemon out of the ball. It'd be a matter of convenience to keep them with you, and it'd be less tiring on them. But I suppose if you see it as a social stigma preventing your willingness to let me travel with you, I suppose I can have Soichiro follow by foot." The Piplup was re released form the ball, calmly joining the group.

"Is this acceptable now? Like I said, I'd like to learn from your techniques as an apparent expert."
Report Spam   Logged

lightball20
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 04:38:34 pm »

Eying Ran suspiciously still feeling unsettled at her robotic style of speech he shrugs. "I personally have no problems with you but I ain't the one you freaked out so that would be up to Shelby herself if you are good to follow us or her since she seems to be the one you want to 'study'." He says motioning to Shelby's position beside him as he retrieved his pokeballs and released Chim Chim and Sparky, the monkey instantly sitting himself atop Sparky's back as the Shinx began trotting proudly around as if showing himself off to the other pokemon.

"Either way I am going off to pick up a fishing rod. Want to try and get a Magikarp early so I can get it to Gyarados quicker." He says calmly as he heads for the exit letting Shelby decide if she wishes to follow him and have Ran following her or take her chances heading straight to Oreburgh with Ran but without him to complete the game faster.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: