Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 03:24:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What feature from XY do you think will be removed in OR/AS?

Poll
Question: Let's face it.  Something will go xD
Character customisation (clothes, skin tones, etc) - 1 (8.3%)
Mega Evolutions - 0 (0%)
Pokémon-Amie - 0 (0%)
Super Training - 1 (8.3%)
O-Powers - 1 (8.3%)
Friend Safari - 2 (16.7%)
Battle Institute - 0 (0%)
City Style - 2 (16.7%)
Wonder Trade - 0 (0%)
Other (explain in post) - 0 (0%)
All of the above! - 0 (0%)
Nothing will be removed - 5 (41.7%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What feature from XY do you think will be removed in OR/AS?  (Read 690 times)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2014, 10:52:35 am »

What will go a la following Pokémon did?
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:56:04 pm »

i doubt anything will be removed
they usually dont remove things in the same gen
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 03:21:03 pm »

I am the harbinger.
They are gonna remove stupid stuff.
But not the stupidest because Japanese love to pat Gardevoir!
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 05:21:58 pm »

so people are currently thinking that trainer customisation will be removed.

^ everything in this picture for Global Link is an NPC character chosen for an avatar, not a customised one.

The screenshots/trailers from XY had various outfits worn by the players.  ORAS doesn't have that in those, it's only the main outfits.  I think that trainer customising is a Kalos thing cos it's France fashion thingy.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 06:40:55 pm »

^ everything in this picture for Global Link is an NPC character chosen for an avatar, not a customised one.

The screenshots/trailers from XY had various outfits worn by the players.  ORAS doesn't have that in those, it's only the main outfits.  I think that trainer customising is a Kalos thing cos it's France fashion thingy.
People can pick generic avatars in the Kalos games though. And from the looks of the models from the Mega Evolution teasers, it looks like it'll be easy enough to include customization, especially given May's new default bandana.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 07:01:46 pm »

It's a remake.
Maybe customization will make a return in Gen7 but not in Gen3 remake.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 05:52:46 am »

It's a remake.
Maybe customization will make a return in Gen7 but not in Gen3 remake.
Yeah, that does seem like the possibility here.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:07 am »

You guys are overlooking a real basic idea. The outfits have to exist in Omega and Alpha because of the simple fact that the games will interact and be able to battle with one another. The only thing I can think of they might not change is hats unless they make the X and Y characters look like defaults, which still won't work given the different skin tones.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 12:25:57 pm »

You guys are overlooking a real basic idea. The outfits have to exist in Omega and Alpha because of the simple fact that the games will interact and be able to battle with one another. The only thing I can think of they might not change is hats unless they make the X and Y characters look like defaults, which still won't work given the different skin tones.
They might have programed in the various models for the XY protags but only the defaults for ORAS ones and not have customisation for those.
Besides, do the oras models exist in XY, so maybe they will just show up as defaults there too.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 05:02:22 pm »

They might have programed in the various models for the XY protags but only the defaults for ORAS ones and not have customisation for those.
Besides, do the oras models exist in XY, so maybe they will just show up as defaults there too.
Might I site Gen 4 as an example against this. If you connect to DP through HS, the DP person sees their local sprite of the appropriate gender, while the HS player sees the DP sprite. It could easily be the same thing for XY to AO.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 07:21:25 pm »

Might I site Gen 4 as an example against this. If you connect to DP through HS, the DP person sees their local sprite of the appropriate gender, while the HS player sees the DP sprite. It could easily be the same thing for XY to AO.
That's what I was saying.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 07:33:45 pm »

That's what I was saying.
BUt that doesn't mean the AO characters won't be customizable.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkDragon
Ruby Gatherer

Main FC: 1435-4150-8076

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 11:01:42 am »

I imagine they will be customizable due to the large interaction the 3DS can bring, and it's a nice and long-awaited feature anyway. They're going to do an update to XY to add in all the new megas anyway, so I don't see why they can't do the same for character models to enable you to see May/Brendan from ORAS rather than just a default Serena/Calem like in gen4.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/522078944506691584

If you voted "nothing will be removed", you have lost the poll since customisation is gone.  Though it does seem like most of the stuff in the poll will stay.
Report Spam   Logged

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 07:22:55 pm »

Well Faaak...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: