Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 07:21:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Guise, is there much endgame content in BW, BW2 or XY?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guise, is there much endgame content in BW, BW2 or XY?  (Read 626 times)
Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2014, 01:04:14 am »

There was a battle frontier in Emerald, and apparently also in Platinum and HGSS. I loved the Battle Frontier, awesomest endgame content ever

Is there something awesome like that in any of the games I mentioned?

Or just endgame content that isn't impressive and can be finished quickly
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 10:08:11 am »

BW2/BW2 probably has the best engame of the ones you listed.
You go to the old towns, battle trainers do some extra stuff and catch some legendaries.

And there is Pokemon World Tournament.
Where you battle champion and gym leaders from every generation with their own teams set to level 50 or 100 with their own awesome battle music.

X/Y's endgame is only supported by the fact that the multiplayer connectivity is the best of the entire series. You can do trading, battling, etc. from the bottom screen on your 3DS making life soooo much easier. Theres also new modes like matchmaking /w random trainers and wonder trade (trade random pokemon, get a random one back), Other than that theres some looker quest and the battle maison, which is very similar to battle tower.

Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 11:14:12 am »

XY has a good post story adventure with detective Looker.  It's pretty decent in size and there is a decent story to it.

BW has a few post game towns but they aren't impressive.  BW2 puts some more content in those as well as the world tournament.

Personally I've played way more XY post-game than gen 5 stuff because there are so many Pokémon to catch in Kalos and so I've been collecting a lot.

I think the best end-game content in a good quantity was Platinum for sure what with both the Stark Mountain quest with the Battle Zone places, a bunch of legends and Battle Frontier too.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 11:18:44 am »

XY has a good post story adventure with detective Looker.  It's pretty decent in size and there is a decent story to it.

BW has a few post game towns but they aren't impressive.  BW2 puts some more content in those as well as the world tournament.

Personally I've played way more XY post-game than gen 5 stuff because there are so many Pokémon to catch in Kalos and so I've been collecting a lot.

I think the best end-game content in a good quantity was Platinum for sure what with both the Stark Mountain quest with the Battle Zone places, a bunch of legends and Battle Frontier too.
I think HG/SS did, Kanto + Battle Frontier + Gen 1-3 starters + Legendaries
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Primera Espada
Lombre Legend

Cero Metralleta

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:52:52 am »

BW2/BW2 probably has the best engame of the ones you listed.
You go to the old towns, battle trainers do some extra stuff and catch some legendaries.

And there is Pokemon World Tournament.
Where you battle champion and gym leaders from every generation with their own teams set to level 50 or 100 with their own awesome battle music.

X/Y's endgame is only supported by the fact that the multiplayer connectivity is the best of the entire series. You can do trading, battling, etc. from the bottom screen on your 3DS making life soooo much easier. Theres also new modes like matchmaking /w random trainers and wonder trade (trade random pokemon, get a random one back), Other than that theres some looker quest and the battle maison, which is very similar to battle tower.

I was reading about the gym leader battles thing for BW2 and the poison kanto gym leader has an illegal crobat, cuz it has 2 moves that it can't have at the same time. filthy cheating kanto plebs.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 09:32:48 pm »

The looker story was the lamest bs I ever saw.
Even stupid baby cartoons are better. Even Tetris has a better plot.
When I was done with it, when I got through the total pain of every 'assignments', I was raging at the game cause it made me lose my time over that crap.
Anyways, I absolutely hated it.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 10:32:09 pm »

Hm the endgame content sounds kinda disappointing in all three games Sad

I was hoping one of them would have a battle frontier q_q
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 10:54:56 pm »

Hm the endgame content sounds kinda disappointing in all three games Sad

I was hoping one of them would have a battle frontier q_q

Just play the darn frontier if that's what you want! XD

BW's post game has plenty though.
It's pretty cool.

Just maybe wait for OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 11:06:02 pm »

Just play the darn frontier if that's what you want! XD

BW's post game has plenty though.
It's pretty cool.

Just maybe wait for OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.
Maybe I might buy a mystery dungeon game or something.

Or maybe something thats not even pokemon. Mario Golf or super mario world for 3ds?

just anything that will kill time on the bus to school..
Report Spam   Logged
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 07:18:32 am »

I liked the Looker quest.  It gave some in depth look into some characterisations, which doesn't often happen in the games.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 09:29:37 am »

Maybe I might buy a mystery dungeon game or something.

Or maybe something thats not even pokemon. Mario Golf or super mario world for 3ds?

just anything that will kill time on the bus to school..

Get Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward. Visual Novel with Escape the room puzzles.
Amazing story involving antimatter bombs, viral bioweapons, murder, cloning, time travel, etc.
Plus, characters are nice and the girls are cute.
There's not much romance though because of all the impending death.
It's the sequel to Zero Escape : 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. But you don't really need to have played 999.

Or get Conception II : Children of the Seven Stars.
It's a near Eroge Visual Novel mixed with Dungeon Crawler RPG.
I talked about it a bit.
Romance is all front in it and the girls are super cute~
And you get to make children.
There's no time limit to the game so you can enjoy the novel slowly and run the dungeons slowly too if you don't want it to be too hard.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 06:16:07 am »

god dammit the whole 'everything is 3d' idea only started in pokemon XY

=_=

I was thinking of getting BW2 but IT NOT 3D Q_Q *cries*

edit: it is, but you know, the character, and the pokemon battles... so much more visually appealing in XY

edit 2: yeah i looked at gameplay videos of BW2 then XY..... XY seems sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better >.<

edit 3: oh gee XY was only released october 2013... i thought XY had been out for at least a year but apparently not.

on another note, OR/AS better have good additions to the original ruby/saph content, and battle frontier >_<
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:22:25 am by Shaikh Miku » Report Spam   Logged
Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 05:24:41 pm »

god dammit the whole 'everything is 3d' idea only started in pokemon XY

=_=

I was thinking of getting BW2 but IT NOT 3D Q_Q *cries*

edit: it is, but you know, the character, and the pokemon battles... so much more visually appealing in XY

edit 2: yeah i looked at gameplay videos of BW2 then XY..... XY seems sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better >.<

edit 3: oh gee XY was only released october 2013... i thought XY had been out for at least a year but apparently not.

on another note, OR/AS better have good additions to the original ruby/saph content, and battle frontier >_<
X/Y is the best gen hands down, it feels the most fresh and most innovative. Also the main game pokemon selection is amazing and it feels more connected and genuine.
Report Spam   Logged

Miku the Fake Identity
Tempo Owner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 03:00:44 am »

X/Y is the best gen hands down, it feels the most fresh and most innovative. Also the main game pokemon selection is amazing and it feels more connected and genuine.
ahh this makes me want to play XY

IF ONLY XY HAD GOOD ENDGAME CONTENT

XY NEEDS A FRONTER Q_Q
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: