Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 01:17:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Do The Creep: A Guide to the DexNav System

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do The Creep: A Guide to the DexNav System  (Read 748 times)
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2014, 09:36:22 am »

One of Alpha and Omega's new features is the many functions of the PokeNav on the bottom screen, but one sticks out above the rest. DexNav. This screen will show you which Pokemon are on a route by using a Sillouette if you've seen it and a full colour sprite if you've caught it. Once all the Pokemon have been captured on a route, a crown symbol will appear in the corner of the screen. The crown will be Gold if it's actually everything on the route, or brown if it's only everything in one part of the route, specifically, everything that appears in the grass on a route that also has water.

But another thing the DexNav is able to do is help you hunt for Pokemon with Significantly higher levels (I caught a Level 16 Silcoon in Petalburg woods), Pokemon with unique moves (My Taillow with Sky Attack), or Pokemon with certain held items.

But how does this feature work? Well, it's actually quite simple once you get the hang of it, but let's start at the top. Explaining how it helps you.

When you have DexNav up, you can begin hunting for special Pokemon in one of two ways. Either A, just start WALKING (I can't stress that enough) around grass until a Magnifying glass mark shows up on the DexNav screen, or tap on a Pokemon you've already caught while standing near some grass and press the Search button that appears. This will make the DexNav display a reticle that features a number of yellow arrows, the number of which getting closer the closer you are to where a Pokemon is 'Peaking' our of the grass. You'll have to approach it slowly using the 3DS's Joystick, creeping up so as not to get spotted. Yes it looks silly, but trust me, it's worth it. Anyway, as you get closer and closer, you'll eventually be only a space or two away from it. At which point, the reticle will show a silhouette of the Pokemon, what it's ability is, what item it's holding, what level it is, and it's first move in it's move slots. If you like it, sneak up to the Pokemon itself and do battle.

But here's the detail that's particularly interesting. The more you sneak up on Pokemon, the better they get. You can also artificially inflate these numbers should you come across a Pokemon with an over world model, such as Mr. Briny's Peeko. This means that eventually, if you do it enough, you can get the better results such as the ones I mentioned earlier.

So start those Navs a beepin and get those asses creeping, and Do the Creep aaaah, yeah Do the Creep aaaah.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:16:24 pm »

Just found a Tailow with Steel Wing. Pretty cool.
Report Spam   Logged

Tuxedo Mask
YAY!
Lotad Hero

Main FC: 1936 1182 3920

Fear The Rose!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:19:15 pm »

Just found a Tailow with Steel Wing. Pretty cool.

And a level 15 Wingull with Brine.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:55 pm »

I think it's pretty cool.
It's quite rewarding too.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »

I like how it makes some of the Pokemon that had ridiculously low catch rates (Surskit, Skitty, etc) much more findable. The whole set up feels like it's there to encourage you to catch everything because of the little colored or grey silhouettes on the bottom screen. In the past I'd tend to run by without worrying too much about catching stuff because hey, why bother, but when there's something there to give me that little push... Well, my dex is sure looking good. xD
Report Spam   Logged

Zohaib
スチール
Rain Dish

Main FC: 3711-9411-9563

gucci gang

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:31:57 pm »

I love this system, it gives me incentive to catch everything I see.

I found a Aron with Smellingsalts, which you can only get through chain breeding makuhita > whismur > aron.

I also found a Xatu with Drill Peck and a Xatu with Synchronoise. Both egg moves.

Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Me
kanye, pokemon and deep throating are my favoruite things
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 09:57:32 pm »

I like how it makes some of the Pokemon that had ridiculously low catch rates (Surskit, Skitty, etc) much more findable. The whole set up feels like it's there to encourage you to catch everything because of the little colored or grey silhouettes on the bottom screen. In the past I'd tend to run by without worrying too much about catching stuff because hey, why bother, but when there's something there to give me that little push... Well, my dex is sure looking good. xD

You can find Abra with other moves than Teleport so you actually have a chance to catch one early. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: