Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 05:43:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Shiny Latios

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shiny Latios  (Read 1579 times)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2015, 07:32:34 pm »

So the last few months I've been on Southern Island in Alpha Sapphire from my Eon Ticket.  I saved in front of Latios and have been trying to get it in Shiny.  It was a long and arduous task.  Yesterday it finally became Shiny, but I ran from it!  I was really mad at myself.  But I went back to the game, determined to not give up.  Still, I figured it wouldn't be shiny again for a long time, especially not the very next day.

Today it was Shiny again.  I was surprised for sure, but this time I made sure to not press run by mistake.  I threw a Quick Ball and it didn't work, so I switched in my Smeargle with False Swipe and Spore.  I got it asleep and at 1 HP.  So I only had 4 Ultra Balls in my bag, so if they ran out I may have to try other stuff or even use up my Master Ball.  I had been doing this for months so I was prepared to use it if I had to.  Still I gave it a try.  The second Ultra Ball worked!  Shiny Latios was caught!

Now my lead was a Synchronise Timid Gardevoir to attempt to get the Latios in Timid, but it was Naive when I caught it.  Still, I'm not upset about that.  Though maybe the one I ran from was Timid ¬_¬  We'll never know.

Still, I'm really happy to have a Shiny Latios caught myself from the Eon Ticket event.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:54:16 am by Scarlet Spider » Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:01:29 pm »

All this does is make me bitter. I still haven't seen a wild shiny in gen VI, even though the shiny rate was doubled.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 07:53:53 am »

All this does is make me bitter. I still haven't seen a wild shiny in gen VI, even though the shiny rate was doubled.
I had the Shiny Charm from completing the National Dex and this still took me forever.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Kinfin
The Lord of the Sands
Lotad Hero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 11:42:17 am »

I had the Shiny Charm from completing the National Dex and this still took me forever.
Still doesn't make me feel better, espcecially since I know all the gen 6 shiny mechanics.
Default rate around 1/4000 ish (screw exact numbers. I know the general and that's good enough)
With Shiny charm around 1/1000 ish
Hoard battle without around 1/1000. With, around 1/300
Chain-Fishing 1/? down to as little as 5 depending on how long your streak is (Shiny charm makes it faster)
In Friend Safari and via Dex Nav 1/500 ish (shiny charm no effect)
In Mirage Spot around 1/200o ish without shiny charm, about 1/500 ish with
Poke-Radar 1/? down to 1/4-6 after a long enough chain. (shiny charm has no effect)

But none of that's helped me. That's why I'm going back and doing a catch/evolve -a-thon. To get a shiny charm and maybe help me get my first shiny in years.
Report Spam   Logged

Must...resist...creepy urges... too many witnesses... would look weird...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: