Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 06:04:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Kloud's Nuzlocke Run- Platinum [Completed]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Kloud's Nuzlocke Run- Platinum [Completed]  (Read 5344 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:47:45 pm »

These are the Nuzlocke rules. There are many more optional rules, but the gist is always the same. It is intended to make playing through the game more difficult. For those interested, a more in-depth description of the challenge can be found HERE.

I will be doing a Nuzlocke playthrough of Platinum, and I will be logging my progress here. There will be two posts beneath this- progress notes and journal (in which I will describe what has occurred, my progress, and my reactions to said events) and comics/drawings (part of my challenge will be adopting optional rule #3 from the image).

The rules I am following are below. If I break them, it will be considered a game over and I will be forced to restart.

1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
2. I may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances (unless I run into a Pokemon I already own, in which case I am allowed to continue searching until I find one that I do not own. If I capture one I already own for whatever reason, however, I am not allowed to do this on that Route).
3. A black out/white out is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
4. If something particularly horrible, wonderful, or otherwise provoking occurs, I must draw a reaction- be it comic or just an image. The image must be added within one week.
5. I must nickname all Pokemon I obtain.
6. I am not allowed to trade, unless it is with an in-game NPC.
7. I am not allowed to use the DayCare during my run.

These are the rules by which I must work. Watch me play. Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:52:48 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:48:07 pm »

Journal of Progress

Each entry will include a time and date next to the description. Writing in black will signify objective writing, and writing in teal will be my subjective writing (feelings and the like). Events that I need to draw for will be marked with a *, and those that I have drawn for (and posted the drawing) will be marked with a ☆.

My team:

- Roca- Male- Overgrow- Level 35- Bashful Nature- Route 201
- Nala- Female- Rivalry- Level 38- Adamant Nature- Route 202
- Emily- Female- No Guard- Level 36-Hasty Nature- Route 207
- Zuzu- Male- Inner Focus- Level 35- Serious Nature- Ravaged Path
*- Swiss- Male- Flash Fire- Level 35- Timid Nature- Heartome City

Box: - Bud- Male- Poison Point- Level 14- Naive Nature- Route 204
- Patchy- Female- Run Away- Level 11- Gentle Nature- Route 205
- Frier- Female- Unaware- Level 12- Jolly Nature- Eterna Forest
- Luna- Female- Cute Charm- Level 17- Lax Nature- Mt. Coronet
- Precious- Female- Trace- Level 17- Gentle Nature- Route 208
- Letter-Levitate- Level 23- Relaxed Nature- Solaceon Ruins
- Vinny- Male- Intimidate- Level 19- Naughty Nature- Route 209
- Z- Download- Level 25- Sassy Nature- Veilstone City
- Burner- Male- Flash Fire- Level 20- Hardy Nature- Route 210
- Rhyme- Female- Levitate- Level 28- Lax Nature- Route 211
- Whopper- Male- Water Absorb- Level 26- Bashful Nature- Great Marsh 1
- Tanner- Male- Unaware- Level 26- Lax Nature- Great Marsh 2
- Noodles- Male- Chlorophyll- Level 29- Bashful Nature- Great Marsh 3
- Zoom Zoom- Male- Speed Boost- Level 31- Lax Nature- Great Marsh 4
- Rose- Female- Water Absorb- Level 30- Mild Nature- Great Marsh 5
- Sarge- Male- Chlorophyll- Level 28- Impish Nature- Great Marsh 6
- Nap- Pressure- Level 47- Jolly Nature- Distortion World
- Arbor- Male- Snow Warning- Level 35- Gentle Nature- Route 216

Dead: -Kappa- Female- Damp- Level 7- Docile Nature- Oreburgh Gate- Level 7-7
- Rocky- Male- Sturdy- Level 20- Gentle Nature- Oreburgh Mine- Level 7-20
- Inferno- Male- Run Away- Level 20- Serious Nature- Route 206- Level 16-27
- Wave- Female- Storm Drain- Level 41- Adamant Nature- Valley Windworks- Level 9-41

1/2/11 (5:14 PM)- Started my adventure. Picked Turtwig as starter. Fought Rival. ☆Battle was strange as hell. His Chimchar just kept using Leer- it never even tried to attack. Needless to say, even though one of my Tackles missed, I won.☆ On my way to nickname Turtwig, I'll post another update sometime tonight.
         (10:28 PM)- Have been working steadily through the first parts of the game. Caught my first Pokemon- was a female Shinx. Not bad. I was kind of hoping for a Starly, but Nala is so cute, I can't help but adore her. Currently grinding to train them up a little- hoping to have each to level 10 before bed.
1/3/11 (2:12 PM)- Entered Jubilife, caught a Budew on Route 204. ☆Nearly lost Nala to poisoning due to Bud's Poison Point. Luckily, make it to Pokemon Center in time.☆ Also noticed that my caught Pokemon (Nala and Bud) seem to have perfect IVs in at least one stat.
          (4:43 PM)- Fought Rival again- Starly fought normal, ☆but Chimchar used Leer every move again. My first encounter on Route 203 was an Abra. The ball didn't hold it, and it Teleported away. I was enraged. xD
          (7:50 PM)- So I caught Kappa and Emily. Have been training all of them. ☆Kappa died in possibly the most fail way possible. Emily's brother saw Kappa help me capture her, and OHKO'd Kappa while I was training with a Low Kick Crit. I actually found this to be kind of funny, as Kappa was never really struck me as smart. Then Emily mauled her brother. What a dysfunctional family LOL
1/4/11 (3:33 PM)- A lot has happened since my last update, so I'll give you the short version. I caught Rocky, Zuzu, Wave, Frier and Patchy (in that order). Lots of grinding- no deaths. I'm up to the Eterna Gym, so I've completed everything before that (including the Oreburgh Gym, a few Galactic battles... nothing really interesting happened). Moving along... xP
1/5/11 (9:05 AM)- I continued to progress through the game last night. I made a number of new allies (it's pretty easy to guess what order I caught them in based on the map), but I lost a good friend. Rocky died last night in my battle with Galactic Commander Jupiter in the Eterna HQ. He sacrificed himself to save Nala from Skuntank's Night Slash crit (he would have made it had it not been a crit). I spent the better part of the rest of my playtime sadly moping about, and later decided to press on. Rocky would have wanted me to be strong- he saved Nala for a reason. So I made my new friends... I got my Eevee last night, last thing before bed and saved. When I woke up, it was not only Timid, but shiny. Had to rub my eyes a bit to make sure I wasn't still half asleep LOL. I also got a Ponyta, which is important. So while last night was very sad, I made progress.
1/6/11 (9:23 PM)- Wow. I didn't advance in the story too much , but it feels like so much has happened. I've been having trouble getting my one capture in- many seem to get critted at the wrong time, I run out of balls, or it kills itself before I can catch it. But I've made a few new friends. I managed to get past Fantina without any casualties. I also beat my Rival (on the way out of Heartome) with no issues, too. However, as I moved north from Solaceon to buy some Moomoo Milk, I decided to fight some trainers in the cabin selling the milk. I was allowing Inferno to take them all down- he just mowed through them. Until we went across a Heracross. I figured we could OHKO it, or at least finish it the second turn. I Flame Wheel. The Heracross just barely survives. And it uses Counter. Inferno died today because of this. I wasn't sad like I was with Rocky. No... This was more a feeling of guilt. I should have known that Heracross could counter and used Ember instead. I felt kind of... Inadequate is the best word I can find. I don't know what I'm going to do from here on out. All I do know is that I'm going to grind like mad. I can't be that careless in the future. Emily evolved avenging Inferno's death. In fact, several of my Pokemon have evolved. I have to keep at this. *determination*
1/9/11 (12:44 PM)- Been moving through the game's story pretty quickly now. Got the badge at Canalave today. Headed to Snowpoint now. Most of my party has evolved. Also caught six Pokemon in the Great Marsh- one for each area of the Marsh. When Zuzu evolved into Crobat... It was completely unexpected. I evolved my Eevee into Flareon and renamed it Swiss (I felt that name was more fitting now). No deaths so far, which is good. Also, my rival's Chimchar finally used a move besides Leer! It was Flame Wheel. It took him until the battle at Canalave to actually use anything  but Leer, so it was an Infernape now. xD The big part of the update today is the evolutions... It took me forever to decide how I wanted to evolve Swiss. It's nice to see everyone getting stronger- I think this team might get me to the E4. I'll avenge those who fell to get me this far. That's a promise. Oh, and I crushed Jupiter again. Felt good. xDDD
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:53:56 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 01:48:16 pm »

Gallery

1. The First Battle
2. New Friends and a Sad Day
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 06:02:49 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:24:15 pm »

Delete if I weren't supposed to post or something.
Imo, you should have started with Empoleon.
Piplup.
Empoleon is Water/Steel which is a great advantage for a nuzlocke.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:21 pm »

Delete if I weren't supposed to post or something.
Imo, you should have started with Empoleon.
Piplup.
Empoleon is Water/Steel which is a great advantage for a nuzlocke.
I love Turtwig. :3 I'll handle whatever difficulties my choice has wrought upon me. It'll be more special if I succeed with the one I love, no? xP

And no issue, this topic is for me to document, and for you guys to comment on and discuss my shenanigans. So post away, I reserved ages ago xP
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »

I love Turtwig. :3 I'll handle whatever difficulties my choice has wrought upon me. It'll be more special if I succeed with the one I love, no? xP

And no issue, this topic is for me to document, and for you guys to comment on and discuss my shenanigans. So post away, I reserved ages ago xP

Lol. Kay'.
Don't be sad when Torterra gets OHKO'd by an Ice Beam and DIES!!! XD
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 07:21:45 pm »

Lol. Kay'.
Don't be sad when Torterra gets OHKO'd by an Ice Beam and DIES!!! XD
I will be! TwT

But I'm hoping to avoid that scenario. Not like I'd use him in the ice gym anyways... I plan on overleveling my guys a bit to help protect me as I go through the game, hopefully giving me a little buffer.

Tbh, I've never been OHKO in-game, just in meta. So I'm hoping I can keep that up- I'm not using any sort of item restrictions (aside from reviving fainted Pokemon, that is) so I should be fine, so long as I watch my ass.

I wonder who will die first. *curious* xD
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 07:40:53 pm »

I will be! TwT

But I'm hoping to avoid that scenario. Not like I'd use him in the ice gym anyways... I plan on overleveling my guys a bit to help protect me as I go through the game, hopefully giving me a little buffer.

Tbh, I've never been OHKO in-game, just in meta. So I'm hoping I can keep that up- I'm not using any sort of item restrictions (aside from reviving fainted Pokemon, that is) so I should be fine, so long as I watch my ass.

I wonder who will die first. *curious* xD

Lol.
I was trying to overlevel my Pokemon... but I failed. XD
But it's probably just me.
I think the first one to die for me was Pidgey... then Mankey... then Pidgey and Rattata and Pidgey... Q.Q
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 07:47:32 pm »

Lol.
I was trying to overlevel my Pokemon... but I failed. XD
But it's probably just me.
I think the first one to die for me was Pidgey... then Mankey... then Pidgey and Rattata and Pidgey... Q.Q
I'm normally pretty good at this type of thing. However, it's just begun. I have plenty of time left to fail.

How sad! I'm sorry to hear about that. D:

Also, first comic should be up soon. Crappy, but kind of cute. I guess. I dunno, I just wanted to draw the battle LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Verathim
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 08:27:11 pm »

LOL at the comic.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8585-9856

Found 100+ Shinies in XY combined

Mains Samus, Pit and Sonic (Will main other newcomers)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 08:42:08 pm »

LOL at the comic.
LOL, thanks. It's just a quick doodle (I even threw it in my Scraps section, if you wanna know how I feel about the quality LOL), but I'm hoping to get some more humorous/interesting ones in the near future. I'm going to get some more gameplay now. x3
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 09:11:12 pm »

Lol.
Chimchar is also a moron.
Pearl: Chimchar! Use Leer.
Chimchar: *right*
Chimchar: *hum... what?*
Chimchar: *facepalm*

But no... XD

I think it'd be fun if in your comics you'd make the Chimchar grow more and more stupid or something.
Dumb ape ftw.

Your comic is funny.
And quality doesn't matter for a nuzlocke comic. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 09:28:12 pm »

D'ya mind if I try that? Would be friggin' hilarious xD

And thanks! Cheesy And orly? That's aweesssoooommmmeee. xD Then I'll be sure to have many more. It was fun just scribbling what happened.

Now to log some more game time. I've been procrastinating. xP Because of Wessu... *cuddles him*
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »

Now to log some more game time. I've been procrastinating. xP Because of Wessu... *cuddles him*

We don't need this kind of information. XP
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 09:31:05 pm »

We don't need this kind of information. XP
OH REALLY NAO.

xD

Back on topic then... :3