Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 04:02:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ai Char's Sprite Farm (maybe?)

Poll
Question: Should I sprite again?
Yeah and I like your idea. - 0 (0%)
Yes and your idea sounds good but check my comment for suggestions. - 1 (100%)
Yes but do it for free. - 0 (0%)
Yes but I have a different suggestions for payment, see my comment. - 0 (0%)
No. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ai Char's Sprite Farm (maybe?)  (Read 336 times)
Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:57:27 am »

Do you guys think I should take up spriting again? I really think I should...
Here's the deal though, what would I get in return?
I mean... I don't know about the rest of you but PD on PPN is worthless to me now, especially since I can't log in.  So I think there's two options:
1)Do it for free, but if I have no incentive I probably won't work very fast...
2)I was thinking maybe each member would have sort of an account and each sprite would have a number of points attributed to it.   So each time you got a sprite from me I would add those points to your account (I'll publicly keep track of it) and once you hit certain markers you owe me a pokemon or something  like that?  I don't know how fair that is or how well it would work since you could theoretically ask for sprites until just before you hit a marker and then ask for no more, but I trust you guys to be fair. Does anyone have suggestions?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:13 am »

I like you're ideas. Here's my two cents.

Use the point system. However, don't limit yourself to just Pokémon (unless that's all you're interested in). You could also ask for sprites from that person, if they sprite, art if they do art, etc etc. Basically, ask a person what they can offer, be it Pokémon or other things, and pick what you want most from what they can offer. Obviously, everything would be worth a different amount of points, but you see what I mean. Also, you could do freebies if you felt like it- it would certainly help keep your business up if you offered a free sprite once in awhile. However, I wouldn't just do freebies, as you could burn out quickly.

That's my thoughts. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:10:31 am »

good points! I like pokemon best, but art is good too. And signatures haha. I suppose I'll discuss with people separately.
wbu? do you still have any use for sprites?

Oh and I also understand that business will be slow here because Richie is still spriting on ppn (i assume since I can't log on  Angry ) and even if he's not there are numerous spriters, but I figured why not!
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:13:20 am »

Well hey, why not is a good enough reason! Smiley

I'm actually going to be wanting a sprite for my Nuzlocke run reflecting my party once I get slightly further on. I'll be sure to see if you can help Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 10:17:41 am »

all righty =D then I suppose I'll leave this open for people's comments and I'll start making another topic for the actual sprite thing.  I'll lock this eventually.  The only problem is... once I make the other topic I'd like t copy over the stuff from my topic on PPN because those sprites aren't saved on my computer anymore but I can't log on.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:25:50 am »

Ah. Well, you could just make a quick note under your examples section- "I need PPN to come back up so I can retrieve my examples- thank you for understanding!" or something like that. TimF said he'd be back by the 4th, if I remember correctly, so PPN should be back up soon. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:16 am »

PPN is up as far as I can tell, but it doesn't recognize my username.
There were posts today it says and I can view the forums, but it won't let me log in. And I tried password retrieval but it still says my username doesn't exist.  But all my old posts are there and I'm under the member list.

EDIT: I just remembered I had a back up account from when I couldn't remember my password, I'll see if that works...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:45:00 am by Ai Char » Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 10:48:08 am »

Holy crud, it is! If you need to get examples, I'd be happy to just pull images from the thread and PM them to you here. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 10:52:27 am »

thanks so much that'd be a ton of work! But I'm on my backup account now so I can do it =D
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 10:54:02 am »

thanks so much that'd be a ton of work! But I'm on my backup account now so I can do it =D
Alright. If you want me to help you later on, just lemme know. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 11:00:37 am »

will do, thanks a bunches~
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 12:36:41 pm »

besides the ppn sprite contest every month, there is much sprites being sold on ppn anymore, not even from Richie.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 12:48:53 pm »

Not even Richie?  Shocked
wow things have changed since I left... well I don't plan on doing spriting on there, only here, but maybe that means this will be a bit more successful?

I also was wondering about selling my art... I'll need to post some more up to date examples for you guys though... actually I'll go post another one =D
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: