Ludicom
March 28, 2024, 10:09:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pokémon Roleplaying Tier Lists - still updating not finished yet

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokémon Roleplaying Tier Lists - still updating not finished yet  (Read 452 times)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:36:09 pm »

Different Pokémon are more viable to use in your teams and plots in your RP or story than others.  Traits like size, personality, backstory, etc all go into this.  So here is my tier list.  Please dont pester me to change a Pokémon tier.  I'm not stopping you using Pokémon you like, this just advice for what Pokémon work better than others.  This contains Generation 1-4 Pokémon only.  The Gen 5s will get seperate posts.

OU - Good
Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam - They can Teleport, they have lots of intelligence and oppurtunities for personality
Celebi - Celebi is a time traveller and legend, can make for good stories.  He can show personality very well and could be good at science from all its travels
Gastly, Haunter, Gengar - Mischevious ghost types can work very easily for character development in a story
Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Leafeon - Easy and efficient partners for your character, has many available types to fill
All the Starter Pokémon - All the starter Pokémon make for good and efficient partners which can also have personality stamped on quite easilly
Psyduck - Psyduck has a very niché personality with its sillyness which can be used well by a good story writer
Azelf, Mesprit - Have good back story and can be good with emotion and willpower elements
Mewtwo - Mewtwo is a top Pokémon to write stories with due to great backstory, size and personality elements.  But be careful of it being too good in battle.
Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu - Pikachu, like a starter Pokémon works for the stories.  Raichu works too and Pichu is probably the best of those; showing lots of personality.
Bonsly, Sudowoodo - They make good partners for a story, have personality and are a good size.
Poochyena, Mightyena - They make good partners and can show personality such as being fierce but still loyal
Latias, Latios - They can have good storylines and are clever and friendly
Jirachi, Shaymin, Manaphy, Mew - They are good size for a partner and can have good plotlines
Deoxys - Deoxys can have a great plotline, can change formes and is a good size.
Gible - Unlike it's evolutions, Gible has a good personality and isnt too fierce
Riolu, Lucario - If done correctly, they can be good Pokémon as well as being a good size and can have a decent backstory
Rotom - Rotom can be used very well in a story, with good personality and abilities for storylines
Darkrai - Darkai is a good size and can have very good plotlines
Dusclops, Dusknoir - Decent sized and can work well on a team.  Dusknoir shows more personality than Dusclops.
Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade - Good size, makes a good partner, can sometimes teleport and can show personality during higher up stages
Cresselia - Good backstory, pair with Darkrai for maximum usefulness
Gligar, Gliscor - Good size, can fly but not with people, can show personality very well
Shinx, Luxio, Luxray - Can make a good partner and can show a loyal personality
Giratina - Can have a great backstory but too big.  Put them in scenes of overall plot instead of the team.  Distortion World and forme changing makes for great storyline
Ditto - Can be good personality as well as transforming being very useful
Flygon - Is one of the best people carrying flying types
Misdreavus - Good personality and decent size
Budew, Roselia, Roserade - Roserade and Roselia are good sizes and work well as partners, Budew is different size but it's also a good partner and can show good personality
Absol - Can have good plotlines and makes a good partner
Castform - If done correctly, Castform works with the weather very well
Plusle, Minun - Very good with personality
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:49:49 pm by neonrider » Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 02:36:35 pm »

BL - Slightly Above Average
Arceus - It has a good storyline and personality, but as god it's far too OP'd within a story
Crobat - Crobat is an decent Pokémon for writing and can be quite efficient
Golduck - Not as much can be done with as Psyduck, but it's the right size and can be used easy and has showable personality
Dragonite, Dragonair - Unlike other pseudos, Dragonite has the niché as the friendly personality dragon, it can be used for flying.  Dragonair too.
Uxie - Good back story and knowledgable but not as expressive as Mesprit and Azelf
Unown - They cant do much but they have a good back story and if done right, depending on the story's situation they can work
Skorupi, Drapion - They are quite fierce but can make good Pokémon for the plot if done right because the personality works and the size isnt too drastic
Regigigas, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Palkia - Can have a great backstory but they are too big.  Put them in scenes of overall plot instead of the team
Duskull - It's not as good as Dusclops and Dusknoir, but is quite good in writing
Dialga - Can have a great backstory but too big.  Put them in scenes of overall plot instead of the team.  Works well with Celebi in plotlines.
Swellow, Staraptor, Pidgeot, Skarmory - Decent sized flying types for aerial use
Phione - Is an ok size and has a good personality and can have a decent plotline but not as much as things like Manaphy
Mismagius - Can be useful in plotlines, doesnt show as much personality as Misdreavus can though
Smeargle - Smeargle can do a lot of useful things with Sketch though its hard to explain some of it.  Doesnt have the most out there personality
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »

UU - Normal
Anything I dont include on the final list is around average

NU - Not Good
Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone - No personality can be shown at all
Beldum, Metang, Metagross - Not much personality really
Staryu, Starmie - Though they can walk well on land, they dont show personality
Diglett, Dugtrio - Stories involve travelling so explaining this is just pointless
Wailmer, Wailord - Way too big to do anything with
Tyranitar, Garchomp, Salamence, Gabite - Too big and fierce, cant work for a story team.  Best to give to tough villains whose characters arent developed.
Pupitar, Shelgon - The shells makes them not the best for story quality
Kakuna, Metapod, Cascoon, Silcoon - They do practically nothing
Zubat, Golbat - Zubat is quite bad for stories due to blind and cant do much.  Golbat shows hint of personality but it's not that good for stories even so.
Nosepass, Probopass - Doesnt work very well in personality, movement
Bronzor, Bronzong - Not much personality
Persian - Angry monster cat is not a good partner at all
Drifloon, Drifblim - Cant do that much, is a baloon
Nincada, Ninjas, Shedinja - Dont really show much personality
Stunky, Skuntank - Trust me you dont want farters in a story
Solrock, Lunatone - Cant really show much personality
Purugly - Not much personality, is a bad partner
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:38:28 pm »

Generation 5:

OU - Good

BL - Slightly Above Average

UU - Normal

NU - Not Good
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:38:38 pm »

Reserved Post
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:38:47 pm »

Another Reserved Post just in case Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:37 pm »

The Aryeh Award for best Pokémon for use in a Pokémon Story is:

Mewtwo!
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:57 pm »

reserving for the lulz
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 02:41:16 pm »

Aryeh says: even though he recommends them, dont use Celebi and Abra because they are his to RP with! his and his alone!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: