Ludicom
April 19, 2024, 04:00:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

roleplaying board members only

Poll
Question: Should the Roleplaying boards be made members only/private?
Yes. - 3 (60%)
No. - 2 (40%)
Don't care/don't roleplay. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: roleplaying board members only  (Read 398 times)
Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:11 pm »

I've seen guests go on my rp guide topics and stuff which ive worked hard on and I dont want them to be stolen, and I dont anyone wants their RP ideas and such stolen, do you think you could make the board Members Only so guests cant see?
thanks Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:36:37 pm »

Guests tend to view things that members online have been viewing. That's how it works here normally, it seems.

I'd like the input of others before we make it members only. I normally reserve boards as members only to give people a place to post private things, like about their lives and whatever else you wouldn't want a guest to see as it could compromise privacy. Roleplaying ideas and rule topics don't initially strike me as belonging in such a state (roleplaying topics and ideas like these can be found all over, for the most part, and on forums far more well known than this one. Topics like the ones we have aren't rare or needing protection, IMO). However, I'd like to hear what others think before I make a ruling on the matter. If many of you are concerned about it, I'll consider hiding it.
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:49:02 pm »

Disagree. Besides, the RPs here aren't really original. They're generic Pokemon RPs. That's not to say I dont enjoy them, but they aren't original.
Report Spam   Logged

Would it be wrong to make my sig, "The King is back!"?
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 03:12:19 pm »

I don't care either ways since I don't care about RPs.
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 03:15:47 pm »

You should. xD
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 03:47:03 pm »

but my guides are made by myself and I dont want any old stranger seeing them, I want them to be exclusive to this place
and even if the rp is generic, the posts themselves arent.. I take pride in my posts, everyone should.  It would be nice if they were members only to see.
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 04:06:59 pm »

I've seen your guides on almost every RP place I've been. Its the generic RP guide bro. xD

And if you all want an original RP, I can sure as hell dig something out of my archives.
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 04:31:11 pm »

I've seen your guides on almost every RP place I've been. Its the generic RP guide bro. xD
The rules are the same but I wrote the guide myself!
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »

So? Like I said, no one is going to steal yours when there are hundreds more.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 04:37:59 pm »

And if you all want an original RP, I can sure as hell dig something out of my archives.

Would love to have that here.

Anyways, Aryeh, I'm leaving the topic open to every person here who rps- I want all of the roleplayers to have a voice in this. Jay has shared his opinion. I know you don't like that your idea isn't getting much support, but bear with me. Smiley

I'm going to turn this topic into a poll. Everybody who roleplays (and even those who don't, I guess I can't stop you) is welcome to vote their opinion. This will allow for a cleaner collection of opinions on the matter. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Jay117
The Warlord
Sapphire Collector

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 04:39:03 pm »

Would love to have that here.

Mkay, I'll throw an Interest Check in Social with a few ideas later. Got some more cleaning to do first. xD
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 05:07:58 pm »

Mkay, I'll throw an Interest Check in Social with a few ideas later. Got some more cleaning to do first. xD
in the rp board I have a topic where people can post ideas for RPs and check for interest
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 01:48:48 pm »

haha
was checking through old topics

Yes won xD
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 02:18:33 pm »

haha
was checking through old topics

Yes won xD
Not gonna happen though, as it only won by one vote and it's really not worth protecting it from guests.. I try to use that function sparingly, because the more boards that are open to guests, the more activity they see and the better our chances at attracting members.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: