Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 06:54:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Kloud's Tale- LG Nuzlocke [Bonus Comic up]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Kloud's Tale- LG Nuzlocke [Bonus Comic up]  (Read 3530 times)
Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:16 pm »

I promise, I'll make it interesting. Much more interesting than my Platinum run (still can't believe I got through with only 4 deaths on that). So... Let's get to it, shall we? An epic story awaits!

I'm telling the tale of this Nuzlocke entirely by comic. So updates will be really slow. But I'm hoping that this will give you guys something to look forward to, and maybe even make you guys feel closer to the Pokemon in the run. I'll add something to the title when an update is added, so keep an eye on the title.

1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
2. I may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances (unless I run into a Pokemon I already own, in which case I am allowed to continue searching until I find one that I do not own. If I capture one I already own for whatever reason, however, I am not allowed to do this on that Route).
3. I must nickname all Pokemon I obtain.
4. I am not allowed to trade, unless it is with an in-game NPC (I couldn't even if I wanted to, anyways, so LOL here)

If I break my rules, it's an automatic game over and my run is considered null and void.

All of the comics will be placed below.

1. Start of a Journey
2. New Friends and First Gym
2.5. Brock's Reply
3. Treasure Hunting and Second Gym + Bonus Image- No
4. Third Gym
4.5. Goodbye
Bonus. A Flower For You

Where am I in-game?: Finished
Current record for most panels in a single strip? 34, in part 3

If one of you guys have an active Nuzlocke topic, I may also do some fanart for you if I have free time. xP

Chances are I'll have to fix this topic up at some point, so everything is subject to change.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:49:00 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 10:53:26 pm »

For those of you unaware, the first comic is up. Enjoy! Comments and constructive criticism welcome Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Scarlet Spider
Kaine and Aracely
Lombre Legend

Main FC: 0344-9472-9443

You have failed this city!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 06:59:53 am »

"Dont visit my sister, she wont give you a map"
"Thanks for the map" xDD
Report Spam   Logged

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!
Pull List: Justice League, Justice League United, Secret Wars, New Avengers
Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Bleez, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Larfleeze
Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:29:39 am »

hahahahha pretty awesome!!! I love the town map thing because that's the way I always imagined it xD
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:38:29 pm »

Nice first comic Kloud! I'm thinking of adding snapshots to my journals and writing in a funny phrase on them (I'm terrible at drawing  Cheesy)
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 11:33:41 pm »

Nice first comic Kloud! I'm thinking of adding snapshots to my journals and writing in a funny phrase on them (I'm terrible at drawing  Cheesy)
Thanks! Cheesy

I liked how your journals were from the POV of the player- perhaps you could turn it into a short story sort of thing? So instead of a new comic, you'd add a new chapter.

Either way, I've enjoyed your run so far, keep it coming Cheesy

And ohmygod, has the plot thickened. It's gotten really dramatic. Things have really started to pick up in pace as far as my storyline goes- plus I just came up with an amazing idea for backstory. Once we get past Cerulean, you guys are in for *such* a treat. My creative juices are flowing like mad- I'm writing my ideas down before I forget xD
Report Spam   Logged

JCBellsprout
Tempo Owner

Main FC: 5200-4535-3010

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 11:58:26 pm »

Thanks! Cheesy

I liked how your journals were from the POV of the player- perhaps you could turn it into a short story sort of thing? So instead of a new comic, you'd add a new chapter.

Either way, I've enjoyed your run so far, keep it coming Cheesy

And ohmygod, has the plot thickened. It's gotten really dramatic. Things have really started to pick up in pace as far as my storyline goes- plus I just came up with an amazing idea for backstory. Once we get past Cerulean, you guys are in for *such* a treat. My creative juices are flowing like mad- I'm writing my ideas down before I forget xD

I love the short story/chapters idea thanks  Smiley and I'm glad you liked it, can't wait to see your next comic the first one was really funny and very well drawn.

Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 12:12:27 am »

I love the short story/chapters idea thanks  Smiley and I'm glad you liked it, can't wait to see your next comic the first one was really funny and very well drawn.
It's no prob. That seems to be another popular way to share Nuzlockes, I felt it might be up your alley after I saw your first entry. Wink I'm really excited to just see where you end up- what will happen...? It's so exciting! Maybe that's why I like Nuzlocking so much xP Anyways, as for all other active Nuzlockes, if you'll let me know when you think you have a base team set, I'll draw a picture for you. Smiley

And I thank you. *bows* The next one should be pretty funny too. Gotta get the mood up before things get more serious for awhile, LOL. I'm actually stopping for awhile in game to gamble get closer to where I am in game in the comics, so I've made myself a promise. If I can read 6 chapters or more during tomorrow, I'll spend Wednesday working on the update. With any luck, you guys may have another update by this weekend! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

RosimInc
Emerald Hoarder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 07:06:27 am »

Ahahahaha lol, I spent like four days wondering silently about what LG is... LeafGreen haha. I fail so much. I was about to ask what LG stands for ^^.

Anyways as I said on the ToT here and on PPN, the comic is great ^^. I would do one if I was able to draw what's going on in my head. Because ideas are flowing, but I can't manage to draw them Cry.

Sincerely,
RosimInc
Report Spam   Logged
Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 05:39:58 pm »

^^^^ awesome fail is awesome
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 05:49:23 pm »

@Rosim- In Nuzlocke, quality does not generally matter. You could do a comic with stick figures and have it become a time honored Nuzlocke comic. xP Great thing about these things.

ALSO! Thanks to Wes being generally awesome, I've discovered a way to optimize drawing the panels. I've already found a way to optimize coloring, so now the only time consuming thing will be the actual drawing parts. You guys know what that means? More comics, faster.  Cool

In fact, I'm working on the next storyboard now. Maybe I'll post a teaser or two once I get further in... xP

EDIT: Storyboard completed, drawing up the panels now. Kind of goofing off, so it's slow going LOL This will be slightly shorter than the last (coming in at a grand total of 19 panels), but I don't want to cover too much too fast (or to set out to do a huge comic and end up not updating for weeks XDDD).

EDIT 2: Finished the panels. Now I have to draw everything and shade it in. Either way, there should be an update sometime this week (likely the weekend... xP ). The storyboard got stretched quite a bit, so there are more panels than I initially decided on. There's 22 panels. Again. xD However, I think that as far as raw length goes (as in pixels), this one is shorter. I don't like having massive panels everywhere xP Small panels are faster to draw and shade for. Anyways, you guys will meet some new teammates this time around. Plus, an awwwwful pun will be in here, too. xDD
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:18:52 pm by Kloud » Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 07:22:06 pm »

I love awful puns!! uber excited, and more updates faster rocks -^.^-
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 07:26:39 pm »

I love awful puns!! uber excited, and more updates faster rocks -^.^-
No, it's really, really awful. I thought of it when I was drinking some water and ended up laughing into the water, causing it to splash all over. xD It's so dumb it's funny kind of deal.

I need to kick myself and just get going on it.... I'm being lazy again. xD
Report Spam   Logged

Ai Char
~Charmander Fangirl~
Rain Dish

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 07:35:44 pm »

s'aright take your time.

but trust me... i will usually find any pun hilarious, I love them Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 07:43:22 pm »

Well then, maybe I will make an effort to include puns in regular intervals. xD Just for youuuuu~
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: