Ludicom
March 29, 2024, 06:23:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking to get back in touch? https://discord.gg/5mc98tm

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A New Evil Spawns! The Beginning of an Epic Tale! - MAG's Nuzlocke

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Evil Spawns! The Beginning of an Epic Tale! - MAG's Nuzlocke  (Read 2535 times)
Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 11:27:24 pm »

Oh. Mai. Gawd.

Titan is also Naive. xDDD Coincidence? They're also both Water-types. xP

It's FATE! XD
But naive is fun to draw and can bring a lot of gags too. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

Take my hand, let's go...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 11:29:21 pm »

It's FATE! XD
But naive is fun to draw and can bring a lot of gags too. Cheesy
True, I guess. Although I don't play on natures too much... xP

Also, how's your progress going? I'd love to hear about how it's going. Are you trying to get some stuff done in game (guessing this is the case, as this run is pretty new)?
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 11:37:10 pm »

True, I guess. Although I don't play on natures too much... xP

Also, how's your progress going? I'd love to hear about how it's going. Are you trying to get some stuff done in game (guessing this is the case, as this run is pretty new)?

I have a HUGE script ready and waiting to be drawn.
I got a second Pokemon and am about to be taught how to catch Pokemon by Dawn. Even though I already caught one at the lake. D:
I think I'll put the game on rest and continue only when the script is done being drawn.

I was wondering though...
I may do a .pdf file of the first chapter. Instead of having x000 links to pics.
I believe everyone in 2011 must have Adobe Reader installed... D:
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 11:39:16 pm »

You're more devoted to that than I am, then. xD I always want to play more, but make myself do the comic. I'm on my way to Fushia now xP And in the comic, I have yet to meet Brock (as far as you guys have seen).

Do it however you wanna do it, we'll love it just the same. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 11:43:13 pm »

You're more devoted to that than I am, then. xD I always want to play more, but make myself do the comic. I'm on my way to Fushia now xP And in the comic, I have yet to meet Brock (as far as you guys have seen).

Do it however you wanna do it, we'll love it just the same. Cheesy

I'm devoted to get back to drawing.
It's the main reason I do the nuzlocke.
That's why I must force myself to drop the game and draw. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 11:45:58 pm »

I'm devoted to get back to drawing.
It's the main reason I do the nuzlocke.
That's why I must force myself to drop the game and draw. XD
I know. ^^ I respect someone who has the self control to not get as far ahead as I am. xP

I hope this Nuzlocke helps you get back into the swing of things... It worked for me.

However, now whenever I try to draw on paper, it feels weird compared to my tablet. xD;; Guess I got too into it.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 11:46:54 pm »

I know. ^^ I respect someone who has the self control to not get as far ahead as I am. xP

I hope this Nuzlocke helps you get back into the swing of things... It worked for me.

However, now whenever I try to draw on paper, it feels weird compared to my tablet. xD;; Guess I got too into it.

You on Photoshop?
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 11:48:57 pm »

You on Photoshop?
Yep. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 11:53:22 pm »

Yep. Cheesy

I'll try Photoshop...
I was on Illustrator. I think it's faster since the brush tools auto-corrects shaky paths.
But I'll try Photoshop see if I prefer the feel...
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 11:59:34 pm »

I'll try Photoshop...
I was on Illustrator. I think it's faster since the brush tools auto-corrects shaky paths.
But I'll try Photoshop see if I prefer the feel...
Mm. I use CS5.

I hold the shift key with the pencil tool to create panels (forces the line to be straight- no matter how off course you get), and once I have the panels made, I just use the brush tool (varying sizes, generally no smaller than 4 and no larger than 10 for most parts) to draw whatever I want in. I spend quite some time doing all this, but then again, I am newby, so someone with more experience will be way faster. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 12:20:58 am »

Mm. I use CS5.

I hold the shift key with the pencil tool to create panels (forces the line to be straight- no matter how off course you get), and once I have the panels made, I just use the brush tool (varying sizes, generally no smaller than 4 and no larger than 10 for most parts) to draw whatever I want in. I spend quite some time doing all this, but then again, I am newby, so someone with more experience will be way faster. Smiley

I just made a Panel on PS. I'll make a poll see what people prefer.
Also, did you know that the opposite side of the Wacom pen is an eraser? It automatically switches to the eraser if you flip your pen over. Most people don't know...
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 09:58:31 am »

I just made a Panel on PS. I'll make a poll see what people prefer.
Also, did you know that the opposite side of the Wacom pen is an eraser? It automatically switches to the eraser if you flip your pen over. Most people don't know...
Awesome, I'll be sure to vote. I hope my tips were helpful to you. ^^ Wes taught me about how to make panels. He's so sweet xP Even though you generally have to touch up the corners a tiny bit to keep things looking crisp.

And oh, yes. It's a wonderful feature, feels very natural. However, the buttons on the side of the pen don't feel so natural to me. xD;; Which nib type do you prefer? So far, I've tried a few and I've really been liking the standard nibs. 
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 11:05:07 am »

Awesome, I'll be sure to vote. I hope my tips were helpful to you. ^^ Wes taught me about how to make panels. He's so sweet xP Even though you generally have to touch up the corners a tiny bit to keep things looking crisp.

And oh, yes. It's a wonderful feature, feels very natural. However, the buttons on the side of the pen don't feel so natural to me. xD;; Which nib type do you prefer? So far, I've tried a few and I've really been liking the standard nibs. 

I don't really have different nip types.
I have like 5 white ones that are the standard and 1 black one that's rougher and one grayish one with a spring.
And unlike you, I HAVE NOWHERE TO PUT THEM! Q.Q
I placed them in an old camera film box... XD

Poll is in the Comments section.
Report Spam   Logged

Kloud
Administrator
Ludicolo Champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 12:58:35 pm »

Drawings:
[ ] Preview 1
  • Preview 2

Texts:
[ ] Preview 1
[ ] Preview 2

No real preference as far as the text goes- your handwriting is nice, so that isn't an issue to me. As long as I can read it, I'm happy. I'd go with whatever you think will work best for how you want your story to look. Smiley As far as the previews, the second one looked slightly softer, and I always tend to lean towards preferring those kinds of looks. However, they were both good, so if one or the other was easier on you, feel free to go with that one. ^__^

----------------------

Mine came with a bunch of different nibs. xP Like 5 standard, 3 felt, one with a spring in it, one flex... Eck, I'm forgetting. but yeah, I'm tripping in nibs. xDD

The little weighted stand that holds the nibs is rather nice... Because knowing me, I'd have lost the extras by now without it. xD
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Mashin
Lotad Hero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 02:17:43 pm »

Drawings:
[   ] Preview 1
[ x ] Preview 2

Texts:
[   ] Preview 1
[   ] Preview 2

No real preference as far as the text goes- your handwriting is nice, so that isn't an issue to me. As long as I can read it, I'm happy. I'd go with whatever you think will work best for how you want your story to look. Smiley As far as the previews, the second one looked slightly softer, and I always tend to lean towards preferring those kinds of looks. However, they were both good, so if one or the other was easier on you, feel free to go with that one. ^__^

----------------------

Mine came with a bunch of different nibs. xP Like 5 standard, 3 felt, one with a spring in it, one flex... Eck, I'm forgetting. but yeah, I'm tripping in nibs. xDD

The little weighted stand that holds the nibs is rather nice... Because knowing me, I'd have lost the extras by now without it. xD

I fixed the poll code so it won't go into a big dot. XD
What I thought of doing is this: Make the dialogs real typo and the sound effects hand-drawn.
As for the comic itself, I don't mind. I like Ai and PS as much. Cheesy

The weighted stand for the intuos3 doesn't open. I was tripping balls when I saw the stand for the intuos4.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: